Eng. -v- Aust. NatWest Series in England 2012 - How to get a ticket?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wetdog

I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I was keen to get along to watch a game as having massive withdrawals at the moment with the cricket on back at home.

There are two matches in London: Lords and the Oval. I was hoping to get to take in the match in Lords, but reality (and my wallet) tells me that the Oval is more likely.

Anyway, I checked the website and the Oval is already sold out! Six months in advance. Can you believe it?

The sale for gen pop tickets to the Lords match does not open until February. I don't like my chances...

I'm thinking that I might have to head north to Old Trafford in Manchester. Although, with the train fares and accommodation, is it really worth it? May as well pay an exorbitant fee to go to Lords...

Have you checked the ticket situation at OT? They are probably in the process of selling them, and they will go quickly as well. The one day matches in England are tough to get tickets for in any case.

As for transport, plan ahead- there are some bus services that will surely get you to Manchester fairly cheaply- and it won't be that much longer than the train- just get a good book. And you ought to be able to find a B and B in Manchester or the surrounding area for around 40 quid. Commuter rail around Manchester is excellent, so actual location should not be a problem.

Good luck!

Have you checked the ticket situation at OT? They are probably in the process of selling them, and they will go quickly as well. The one day matches in England are tough to get tickets for in any case.

As for transport, plan ahead- there are some bus services that will surely get you to Manchester fairly cheaply- and it won't be that much longer than the train- just get a good book. And you ought to be able to find a B and B in Manchester or the surrounding area for around 40 quid. Commuter rail around Manchester is excellent, so actual location should not be a problem.

Good luck!

OT tickets are on sale in mid Jan. Edgbaston are available now...

Or I could wait for Lords (mid Feb) and chance my arm at the more expensive tickets and hope for the best. If OT is going to cost me 40 quid, I may as well throw 80-100 quid at a Lords ticket as it will be offset by the train/accom costs associated with traveling to Manchester anyway. It probably is a once in a lifetime op and I don't know if I will be around for the Ashes the following year.

There's never been a better time to do it. The pound is as weak against the Aussie dollar as ever. Definitely consider heading up to Manchester, pretty decent city to check out outside of the cricket too.

Megabus.co.uk will get you there crazy cheap, especially if you book very early.

Check out hostelworld.com for a cheap dorm, won't cost you more than $30aud a night.

If general tickets sell out, you can always consider booking a cricket tour I suppose. But you pay a premium for them.

In 2001 and 2005 I bought tickets off scalpers for the Lords test.

You walk out of St Johns Wood tube station and you cant miss the scalpers. From memory I paid 40 quid both times for day 3 tickets and had a great old time.

In 2001 Oval test they offered entry for 10 quid for day 5 tickets at the gate on the day, so the majority of the crowd were Aussies, the sun was shining and Australia won. :thumbsu:

In 2001 and 2005 I bought tickets off scalpers for the Lords test.

You walk out of St Johns Wood tube station and you cant miss the scalpers. From memory I paid 40 quid both times for day 3 tickets and had a great old time.

In 2001 Oval test they offered entry for 10 quid for day 5 tickets at the gate on the day, so the majority of the crowd were Aussies, the sun was shining and Australia won. :thumbsu:

Definitely the cheaper way to do it... Though reckon prices may have gone up since!

Id just be worried about missing out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back