EPL Matchday 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I was actually referring to Ole.
Better lesson with Fergie in regards to patience. Ole was appointed interim just 6 months before Frank. Swap ladders positions and Ole may have been already out the door...and probably only last 6-8 weeks that’s changed.

Better lesson with Fergie in regards to patience. Ole was appointed interim just 6 months before Frank. Swap ladders positions and Ole may have been already out the door...and probably only last 6-8 weeks that’s changed.

I don't think so. They showed over the last few seasons they weren't going to do it.

Great stuff from Rodgers. Surely he makes the step up to a bigger club sooner rather than later.

Chelsea also looked very ordinary. They have a squad that are top 2-3 in the league.

He's at a club that's won the PL more recently than United or Arsenal and is consistently challenging for Top 4. Why leave?

Great stuff from Rodgers. Surely he makes the step up to a bigger club sooner rather than later.

Chelsea also looked very ordinary. They have a squad that are top 2-3 in the league.
Unless he goes to Europe it is really only Chelsea that he could go to. Liverpool wouldn't go back for him, City and United are now probably a couple of years away from changing, Tottenham currently would hardly be a step up and Arsenal would be a backwards step

He's at a club that's won the PL more recently than United or Arsenal and is consistently challenging for Top 4. Why leave?

Unless a club offered him huge coin? But you would think he would be on decent money. You get the impression Leicester are a really well run club and he is happy there.

They have lost players like Kante, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell but hardly missed them. The recruitment of defenders Fofana, Justin, Söyüncü and Castagne -then Ndidi as defensive mid has been genius.

Unless a club offered him huge coin? But you would think he would be on decent money. You get the impression Leicester are a really well run club and he is happy there.

They have lost players like Kante, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell but hardly missed them. The recruitment of defenders Fofana, Justin, Söyüncü and Castagne -then Ndidi as defensive mid has been genius.
I think the difference is if he went to one of those clubs you'd not necessarily lock him in for a trophy but he'd be closer than what he is currently at Leicester. Surprised PSG didn't go after him.

Tonnes of reasons
Every year Leicester sell their best players off, every year at Man Utd you could buy them.
United has a world class academy to work with
A decent season at UTD is still champs league contending, the same at Leicester is about 10th.
Plus you always have to take a chance when it presents, not that theirs necessarily a job on offer now but say Vardy does he knee and Leicester become a middling side again that chance is gone.

Tonnes of reasons
Every year Leicester sell their best players off, every year at Man Utd you could buy them.
United has a world class academy to work with
A decent season at UTD is still champs league contending, the same at Leicester is about 10th.
Plus you always have to take a chance when it presents, not that theirs necessarily a job on offer now but say Vardy does he knee and Leicester become a middling side again that chance is gone.
Disagree with that. Arguably the players they've bought in have been better than the players they've sold, they're selling at the right time. You could say with Spurs if Kane does his knee, they become a middling side also, last season being a good example.

They've also spent 100M on a new training facility and their scouting is second to none ATM. He goes to Chelsea, he's under instant pressure after a couple of bad results.

Disagree with that. Arguably the players they've bought in have been better than the players they've sold, they're selling at the right time. You could say with Spurs if Kane does his knee, they become a middling side also, last season being a good example.

They've also spent 100M on a new training facility and their scouting is second to none ATM. He goes to Chelsea, he's under instant pressure after a couple of bad results.
That's not true.
Maguire, Kante, Mahrez, Chilwell are still better than the alternatives. All their replacements bar maybe Perez have been really really well done but that doesn't mean they are better than those.

Spurs were doing fine without Kane, it's when they lost Son also.

Point is right now he has got Leicester as good as they can get. It's not about where each team is right now it's about wanting to manage the best and Chelsea and Utd are far far bigger clubs than Leicester.

The big clubs aren't all gonna be this average in the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not true.
Maguire, Kante, Mahrez, Chilwell are still better than the alternatives. All their replacements bar maybe Perez have been really really well done but that doesn't mean they are better than those.

Spurs were doing fine without Kane, it's when they lost Son also.

Point is right now he has got Leicester as good as they can get. It's not about where each team is right now it's about wanting to manage the best and Chelsea and Utd are far far bigger clubs than Leicester.

The big clubs aren't all gonna be this average in the coming years.
I'd take Fofana over Maguire and perhaps Ndidi over Kante, think the latter had a release clause in any case. Barnes you could say is better than Mahrez right ATM also.

You could have said Leicester were a flash in the pan after their title win, and a couple of bad years under Puel etc. But Rodgers has them fighting for Champions League back to back, I think people still underrate them, but they need to continue this form at the end of the season also.

Tough match and a good performance. Was shaping as one of those games where we dominated but couldnt score. But there was a different feel about the match than so many over the past 18 months.

Villa will moan about a couple of key decisions but they were both correct imo.

The first, correct application of an utterly stupid rule.

They are using the reasoning it is a "new phase of play".

Not sure I can agree with that. Owen Hargreaves made a point that Mings touched the ball for maybe half a second - does that constitute a new phase of play given Rodri was well offside when the ball was played to Mings?

I think it's pretty stiff and I'd be pretty pissed if that was given against my team.

They're gonna talk to Dermot Gallagher (head of refs) in a tick so interesting to see the reasoning, or justifcation behind the decision.
Post match press conference should be good, as should Gabby Agbonlahor on Twitter....
My mate always said Gabby looked like a teapot. Hard to disagree.

They are using the reasoning it is a "new phase of play".

Not sure I can agree with that. Owen Hargreaves made a point that Mings touched the ball for maybe half a second - does that constitute a new phase of play given Rodri was well offside when the ball was played to Mings?

I think it's pretty stiff and I'd be pretty pissed if that was given against my team.

They're gonna talk to Dermot Gallagher (head of refs) in a tick so interesting to see the reasoning, or justifcation behind the decision.

My mate always said Gabby looked like a teapot. Hard to disagree.

Its an unfair law imo. Peter walton initially said offside (which confirmed to me it was onside). Then came on after the game and said it was onside.

I don't think Kante's form has ever hit any great heights since he's been at Chelsea, albeit he's a better passer of the ball than what he was at Leicester.

If I was picking based on age and who is better as a defensive midfielder shielding the back 4, would pick Ndidi, his form first half of last season was outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back