Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I reckon they'll only be closed for 1 day then they'll be back open again

Hmm, I dunno. The investigation will take a while. Not sure people are in the mood for fun with cops and coroners etc on the scene.

At least a week I reckon.

I think it'll take a little longer than a day but it certainly won't be shut for 6 months. Theme park attendance overall will take a bit of a hit for a little while you'd think.

After one of their rollercoasters crashed last year - causing sixteen injuries including two leg amputations - Alton Towers was closed for four days, and their attendance numbers for the rest of the year were cut by about half.

I reckon they'll only be closed for 1 day then they'll be back open again

It will be a root cause investigation and if the cause is routine maintenance failure or Chinese components related, the whole show will have to be pulled apart.

They take multiple fatality incidents to the next level.

I think it'll take a little longer than a day but it certainly won't be shut for 6 months. Theme park attendance overall will take a bit of a hit for a little while you'd think.
We just bought the whole family yearly passes to sea world/wet and wild/movie world. Will still use them but this incident will be st the back of my mind when the kids line up on the 'scary' rides.

Really feel for everyone involved yesterday.

You would have to think that all the theme parks will take a look at their maintenance procedures in the aftermath of this incident. I'd imagine the parks will all take a hit in attendance somewhat.

The thing is I think twice about rides at small fairs and fetes because you dont know how they are maintained, but Dreamworld you would hope would be maintained. The tragedy of the accident is not just the loss of life (which clearly is the major issue and the poor kids that witnessed it) but the kick on effect to potentially 100's of people with staffing and potential job losses and effects on tourism.

Had a quick encounter with a man in a lift where we are staying;)........gotcha!:p

When we arrived the other day, we were bringing up our bags etc and were waiting for the lift to take us up. When it opened a man got out who looked familiar, he looked at me, I looked at him, with me thinking why do I know that face.......I then realised he was also looking at my bags I was carrying, one of which was my Lions bag.

I could be wrong but I'm 98% sure that it was David Noble. I went onto our Lions website to check again what he looks like. He certainly has a twin if not him..

Had a quick encounter with a man in a lift where we are staying;)........gotcha!:p

When we arrived the other day, we were bringing up our bags etc and were waiting for the lift to take us up. When it opened a man got out who looked familiar, he looked at me, I looked at him, with me thinking why do I know that face.......I then realised he was also looking at my bags I was carrying, one of which was my Lions bag.

I could be wrong but I'm 98% sure that it was David Noble. I went onto our Lions website to check again what he looks like. He certainly has a twin if not him..
He probably thought you had nicked his luggage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone following the Cubs vs Indians World Series Baseball

Game 1 today was won by the Cleveland Indians 6-0

Cubs haven't won the World Series since 1908 and the Cleveland Indians since 1948.

Will the curse of the Billy goat ever be broken?

My tips for the Melbourne Cup..

Grey Lion because our new coach is now a Lion and has grey hair (forgive me Mr Fagan);) ( and I'm a huge fan of the Cumani's)

Jameka
because she is a cutie who is also very very good.

Qewy
for all you Qlders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back