Toast Fremantle's 1st 2016 National Draft Pick: Griffin Logue [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree , but way too early to extend his contract without playing a game.

I see what you mean but they won't be paying him much for an extra year and probably has clauses in performance added into his contract.

It could be a way of playing him on the cheap while Freo are trying to afford the price of Fyfe when he asks for big bucks.

Clearly like what they've seen in the first 2 weeks. A good sign if anything. Only knock on this guy I can think of is he went to Guildford.

It pisses me off when GWS extend the contract for their interstate kids 5 minutes after they've walked in the door when they are vulnerable, bright eyed and bushy tailed and all too willing to do anything to please their new masters... but now that we've done it I'm ok with it.

It pisses me off when GWS extend the contract for their interstate kids 5 minutes after they've walked in the door when they are vulnerable, bright eyed and bushy tailed and all too willing to do anything to please their new masters... but now that we've done it I'm ok with it.

Bit different though since he's a local lad. If he should become disenchanted with the club then having his family here could be an important mitigating factor.

My thoughts exactly. Still think all first contracts should be three years with no extensions allowed until the second year is half over. But I'm glad Logue has been extended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts exactly. Still think all first contracts should be three years with no extensions allowed until the second year is half over. But I'm glad Logue has been extended.

Makes good sense :thumbsupemoji: and I totally agree about Logue.

Realistically if you don't want to give the bloke you got with pick 8 a three year deal, you have to question why you took him at all.

I'm getting the feeling our recruiting team think they aced the draft. Damn I hope they're right.

Bit different though since he's a local lad. If he should become disenchanted with the club then having his family here could be an important mitigating factor.

Also it's different because we're not a bunch of plastic, manufactured, AFL bosom sucking campaigners.

Just a distraction from all the other a-hole emitting stuff going on (sh!t gets censored but not a-hole).

Long live the Logue!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back