List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Hawks Fyfe has toured their facilities and some ITK are adamant they will be making a play

Gawd knows what picks they will put on the table, my gut tells me he stays. Time will tell

"Stephen Trigg says that Fyfe is off the table because he will most likely stay with Fremantle in 2018."

I could easily see Fyfe touring facilities to get ideas on what to bring back to the club. 007, the name is Fyfe, Nathan Fyfe.

Listen up opposition supporters:

Nat Fyfe has not toured any facilities. Hawks fans your club is on its way to the bottom after JOM's knee explodes into a thousand pieces on the MCG.
Why you like to put down players who is injure dd? , last year balic , now o Meara .

The dude is in to kitesurfing.
Perth has the best kitesurfing conditions in Ozzie.
Dude is staying in Perth.

I think a lot rides on Captaincy. He has an ego that needs stroking. Mundy says he wants it again but his body language in today's conference... the guy isn't a leader. He even said he'd voted for Fyfe in what I assume was last year's ballot. Fyfe 2017. Make it so.

Mundy spoke very well at yesterday's conference. His body language was fine. He is a leader, and has even part of the leadership group for years. You are just seeing what you want to see.
Fyfe, in my opinion, will not need the captaincy to extend his contract. He is part of the leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe is beyond an ego imo - he's so professional that he sees himself as the perfect leader - not due to arrogance but because he knows nobody is going to work as hard as him. Pav was the same - never got much of an air of arrogance from him, just that he was an ultra professional trainer and player and you respect that when you see it.

I just hope the players see that as well - you don't have to like your boss or your manager, but you know you gotta do your bit for the team

I think mundy deserve another go , due to 2016 circumstances.

Mundy spoke very well at yesterday's conference. His body language was fine. He is a leader, and has even part of the leadership group for years. You are just seeing what you want to see.
Fyfe, in my opinion, will not need the captaincy to extend his contract. He is part of the leadership group.

Agreed, that was the best I had seen Mundy speak.

It is also great that the players have a difficult choice to make.

I am in the Fyfe camp as I think the really inspirational should do the leading but have nothing against Mundy going around again.

Seriously it's not even a question is it?

Fyfe willed himself to play on with a broken leg, speaks like a cross between William Wallace and Alexander The Great and to top it off is our best player.

We're coming off a season where we lacked leadership and this has just flooded on into our off season too, OK granted not all Mundy's fault but winners win and losers lose ....Fyfe is a winner, he's driven and seriously if the players don't back him - it's going to be a long season of mediocrity and safety.

Hasta la victoria siempre!

do we just go the co-captaincy route for a year? I don't like it that much but it makes Fyfe captain without shafting Mundy after a year. Or is co-captaincy even possible when the players vote?

do we just go the co-captaincy route for a year? I don't like it that much but it makes Fyfe captain without shafting Mundy after a year. Or is co-captaincy even possible when the players vote?

'When you have Co-Captains
You have no Captain'

Moo Tse-tung

Everybody is kidding themselves if they're not worried about retaining Fyfe if he doesn't get the captaincy. Not saying Mundy doesn't deserve it or that it worked well for Eagles when they made Judd Captain for the same reasons. But it will sure help with the anxiety and speculation of it all, even it's just for a short time.

That said it's more important that some players step up this year and show they're capable of being more than bit players and show Fyfey we have a future.

If Fyfe isn't made Captain this thread will become a war zone, that I can guarantee

'The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.'

Sun Moo
490 BC

If the players vote was pretty close last year with Mundy getting it over Fyfe, there's been a bit of a turnover in the list, and the situation is a bit different from 2016 where we had a long reigning captain standing down but remaining in the leadership group.

From what I can remember of the pre-season training reports up until the vote was taken, Fyfe hadn't been seen out on the train track due to his rehab from the broken leg, whereas Mundy was training strongly early and suffered his injury during the pre-season games, after the vote was taken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back