List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Fyfe stays. I think he will.
"Hi Bigfooty! I'm reporting today from my toilet. It's Friday 6th January and it's unbelievable that Fyfe's contract status for beyond 2017 remains unresolved. I can tell you that the player and his manager are keeping their cards close to their chest. I can see reports of broken relationships and outright hatred towards Nat Fyfe from players within the club. The hatred is so strong, it is believed that it will prevent him from captaining the side in 2017, thus acting as the catalyst for a free agency move at seasons end. One campaigner, Krump (formerly known as Krumpet Face, taken new alias following the success of president elect Trump), has reported that if Fyfe is not elected captain in 2017, speculation about his future will rage throughout the winter. Krump believes Fyfe has signalled his intention to leave with remarks that it would be "remiss" of him not to explore free agency. I'm here now with a Western Bulldogs supporter, fronkalicious, who says "I really hope Fyfe stays. I think he will." As you can see folks, there remains divided opinion about the future of Nat Fyfe and the hopes of the Fremantle Dockers Football Club. I've just had word from the Bureau of SpecuLOLory, that fans from St Kilda, Carlton and Richmond have inside word that Fyfe will be heading to their club in 2018. Sit down, buckle in and enjoy the LOLercoaster ride about to ensue. Back to the studio."

Am I doing it right?

I always wonder about how language has escalated. Things are described as catastrophic, or devastating, or unbelievable ... doesn't leave much room for when things really do warrant it. It desensitises us because everything is sensational ...
One of my pet peeves. I want to scream at real estate agents; stop describing every single house as "stunning".

One of my pet peeves. I want to scream at real estate agents; stop describing every single house as "stunning".
And everybody who has a birthday party has the "best friends ever", every newly engaged couple have the "most amazing partner ever", every new puppy owner has the "cutest pup ever", every new parent has the "most adorable baby ever" :drunk:

And everybody who has a birthday party has the "best friends ever", every newly engaged couple have the "most amazing partner ever", every new puppy owner has the "cutest pup ever", every new parent has the "most adorable baby ever" :drunk:
I can sort of understand someone with a new puppy thinking its the cutest thing ever, it probably is to them but RE agents trying to flog some ex homes west flat that someone has bared the floorboards and done a flatpack reno on the kitchen trying to pass of a glorified dog box as stunning . . .

"Hi Bigfooty! I'm reporting today from my toilet. It's Friday 6th January and it's unbelievable that Fyfe's contract status for beyond 2017 remains unresolved. I can tell you that the player and his manager are keeping their cards close to their chest. I can see reports of broken relationships and outright hatred towards Nat Fyfe from players within the club. The hatred is so strong, it is believed that it will prevent him from captaining the side in 2017, thus acting as the catalyst for a free agency move at seasons end. One campaigner, Krump (formerly known as Krumpet Face, taken new alias following the success of president elect Trump), has reported that if Fyfe is not elected captain in 2017, speculation about his future will rage throughout the winter. Krump believes Fyfe has signalled his intention to leave with remarks that it would be "remiss" of him not to explore free agency. I'm here now with a Western Bulldogs supporter, fronkalicious, who says "I really hope Fyfe stays. I think he will." As you can see folks, there remains divided opinion about the future of Nat Fyfe and the hopes of the Fremantle Dockers Football Club. I've just had word from the Bureau of SpecuLOLory, that fans from St Kilda, Carlton and Richmond have inside word that Fyfe will be heading to their club in 2018. Sit down, buckle in and enjoy the LOLercoaster ride about to ensue. Back to the studio."

Am I doing it right?
Welcome to BF haggers

Interesting times coming up for Freo and Fyfe.

Key points to note (very obvious):

- hasn't signed which suggests he hasn't made up his mind as yet
- wants the captaincy
- if he gets the captaincy it makes it virtually impossible to leave
- if he doesn't get the captaincy does this suggest some potential truth to rumours of unrest amongst the playing group?
would he stay if he's not voted in captain?

Therefore, its seemingly hard not to argue with the logic that this pending captaincy vote may very well decide Fyfe's fate.

What do Freo fans think??

For what its worth I think he'll get announced captain and sign a lucrative long term deal to stay, (the Hawks will then make a very big play for Martin)

Last edited:
Rupert Murdoch, Daily Mail and Buzz Feed and the online advertising industry compensating website owners based on number of 'views/hits' and clicks are to blame for that sort of writing. Clickbait BS.
They made the mistake of giving it away for free paired up with their paid for paper.

Pretty quickly people stopped buying the paper and business suffered, then rather than being a syndication of the paper department the internet department was required to support itself with income and reduced journalist staff.

When you need to push four stories a day and the reward system looks after those who get the most money from the advertisements you start getting what you pay for.

Cant see him going anywhere, I believe Lyon has a plan to rebuild the list around Fyfe culminating in finals around 2019 - 2020 with Fyfe leading as Captain.
Fyfe is such a mature, level headed person I highly doubt being captain in 2017 even comes into consideration when talking contract negotiations.
He will be captain of Fremantle at some stage and he will sign a long term contract with us at some stage.
I have absolutely no doubt about it, any speculation about him leaving is just pipe dream fantasys from other clubs supports.

Last edited:
Interesting times coming up for Freo and Fyfe.

Key points to note (very obvious):

- hasn't signed which suggests he hasn't made up his mind as yet
- wants the captaincy
- if he gets the captaincy it makes it virtually impossible to leave
- if he doesn't get the captaincy does this suggest some potential truth to rumours of unrest amongst the playing group?
would he stay if he's not voted in captain?

Therefore, its seemingly hard not to argue with the logic that this pending captaincy vote may very well decide Fyfe's fate.

What do Freo fans think??

For what its worth I think he'll get announced captain and sign a lucrative long term deal to stay, (the Hawks will then make a very big play for Martin)

Too many unknowns and holes in your flow of logic there

- it's difficult to infer a relationship between not signing and whether he's made up his mind. It's perfectly plausible that he has already decided he wants to stay, BUT he and his management also want to extract the most value from this deal when he's at his peak

- he has stated he would like to be captain - but there's a continuum during which this could happen. He could still become captain, next year, after another year in the leadership group. He's never stated his timeframe for this personal goal - it's not necessarily an immediate 'do or die'

- if he gets the captaincy - he could still leave. See: Judd, Griffen

- if he doesn't get captaincy - the only certainty is that he lost the vote. it doesn't lend weight to the rumour of unrest - he came second last year. if the results repeat he'll come second this year. does that confirm rumours?

- if he's not voted captain - it would mean another deal that gifts him captaincy might be more appealable to him as one factor to consider. Any club that gifts captaincy of an established group to a new player is questionable ;)

Therefore - it's pretty easy to argue with your logic that the captaincy vote will have an impact on Fyfe's future. I agree that he'll sign a lucrative long term deal to stay (we've been positioning for this for a while) - whether he becomes captain this season is neither here nor there though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon has already called out that it would be gutless and go completely against what has been said by Fyfe if he left because he didn't get the captaincy, (source that presser on photo day) if he leaves the captaincy will have nothing to do with it, also he won't leave.

Too many unknowns and holes in your flow of logic there

- it's difficult to infer a relationship between not signing and whether he's made up his mind. It's perfectly plausible that he has already decided he wants to stay, BUT he and his management also want to extract the most value from this deal when he's at his peak

- he has stated he would like to be captain - but there's a continuum during which this could happen. He could still become captain, next year, after another year in the leadership group. He's never stated his timeframe for this personal goal - it's not necessarily an immediate 'do or die'

- if he gets the captaincy - he could still leave. See: Judd, Griffen

- if he doesn't get captaincy - the only certainty is that he lost the vote. it doesn't lend weight to the rumour of unrest - he came second last year. if the results repeat he'll come second this year. does that confirm rumours?

- if he's not voted captain - it would mean another deal that gifts him captaincy might be more appealable to him as one factor to consider. Any club that gifts captaincy of an established group to a new player is questionable ;)

Therefore - it's pretty easy to argue with your logic that the captaincy vote will have an impact on Fyfe's future. I agree that he'll sign a lucrative long term deal to stay (we've been positioning for this for a while) - whether he becomes captain this season is neither here nor there though

You build a strong argument which, in fairness, is hard to argue with.

Probably disagree he would ever leave if made captain.
If he doesn't get made captain, I still think it adds a bit of spice to rumours of player unrest and maybe marginally increases a very unlikely event he could leave.

Righteo - I'll take your whack with good grace but I come in peace and my interest is genuine.

The Fyfe situation is an increasingly intriguing for a few reasons:

- yarran's supposed recent fb rant and said disenchantment with Fyfe and players

- the Fyfe situation will take centre stage at next years free agency and trade period.
His very signature will be hugely influential on every other trade move which directly effects my club and who we will go after.
We are without doubt having a crack at someone. If Fyfe signs I think we will go very hard for chop sticks Martin.

- The very nature of the unprecedented player movement of the trade period just gone which essentially dawned a new era in player movement and the
decreasing stranglehold on loyalty as a reason to stay.
I never thought I'd see Buddy in Sydney colours and sure as s**t never thought I'd see Sam Mitchell in West Coast colours (still coming to terms with this)

Like I said, I believe Fyfe will stay, he's a local WA product and the road always heads west.
They always want to come home. Rarely do they want to leave.

You build a strong argument which, in fairness, is hard to argue with.

Probably disagree he would ever leave if made captain.
If he doesn't get made captain, I still think it adds a bit of spice to rumours of player unrest and maybe marginally increases a very unlikely event he could leave.

Righteo - I'll take your whack with good grace but I come in peace and my interest is genuine.

The Fyfe situation is an increasingly intriguing for a few reasons:

- yarran's supposed recent fb rant and said disenchantment with Fyfe and players

- the Fyfe situation will take centre stage at next years free agency and trade period.
His very signature will be hugely influential on every other trade move which directly effects my club and who we will go after.
We are without doubt having a crack at someone. If Fyfe signs I think we will go very hard for chop sticks Martin.

- The very nature of the unprecedented player movement of the trade period just gone which essentially dawned a new era in player movement and the
decreasing stranglehold on loyalty as a reason to stay.
I never thought I'd see Buddy in Sydney colours and sure as s**t never thought I'd see Sam Mitchell in West Coast colours (still coming to terms with this)

Like I said, I believe Fyfe will stay, he's a local WA product and the road always heads west.
They always want to come home. Rarely do they want to leave.
Wait, wait.....How do you exactly see hawthorn obtaining Fyfe!

Wait, wait.....How do you exactly see hawthorn obtaining Fyfe!
There is definitely room to move next year.

With Mitchell, Lewis and more than likely Hodge, Gibson and maybe even Burgoyne off the books a pretty decent war chest is locked and loaded for a big name recruit in this years trade period.

I don't think we'll get Fyfe but we'll aggressively do our due diligence on any talent available. Martin would seem a front runner at this stage

There is definitely room to move next year.

With Mitchell, Lewis and more than likely Hodge, Gibson and maybe even Burgoyne off the books a pretty decent war chest is locked and loaded for a big name recruit in this years trade period.

I don't think we'll get Fyfe but we'll aggressively do our due diligence on any talent available. Martin would seem a front runner at this stage

You dont think freo will match the offer? What can you offer freo in a trade worthy of nat fyfe?

If you had to select two teams that Nathan Fyfe would ever go to, West Coast would be last on the list. Hawthorn would be a very close second last.
Have a listen to his Brownlow interview, if you don't believe me.

Cant see him going anywhere, I believe Lyon has a plan to rebuild the list around Fyfe culminating in finals around 2019 - 2020 with Fyfe leading as Captain.
Fyfe is such a mature, level headed person I highly doubt being captain in 2017 even comes into consideration when talking contract negotiations.
He will be captain of Fremantle at some stage and he will sign a long term contract with us at some stage.
I have absolutely no doubt about it, any speculation about him leaving is just pipe dream fantasys from other clubs supports.

I'm having trouble.... CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!

Ross Lyon has already called out that it would be gutless and go completely against what has been said by Fyfe if he left because he didn't get the captaincy, (source that presser on photo day) if he leaves the captaincy will have nothing to do with it, also he won't leave.

Not sure if your taking the piss, but I haven't seen anywhere that RL has called it gutless if he leaves?

Not sure if your taking the piss, but I haven't seen anywhere that RL has called it gutless if he leaves?
my source was the presser on photo day

EDIT: gutless may have been the wrong word but he certainly had a strong dig saying that he would have no integrity or congruency if the captaincy had any effect on his position, its more a read between the lines thing but basically he is saying it would be pretty gutless

Last edited:

my source was the presser on photo day

EDIT: gutless may have been the wrong word but he certainly had a strong dig saying that he would have no integrity or congruency if the captaincy had any effect on his position, its more a read between the lines thing but basically he is saying it would be pretty gutless

I think freo_leo29 may have misunderstood Lyon's answer. The question was linking the captaincy to Fyfe choosing to leave or stay. Lyon answered that such a link would be against the integrity of the process.

This is the actual quote:

"Does Fyfe’s future have any impact on how the captaincy is voted for?
Only if you don’t have any integrity or congruency in what you say and do. I think we have plenty of integrity and congruency. So the answer is no."

I don't think he was attacking Fyfe in any way, shape or form. There was no mention of what Fyfe has said; Lyon was talking about what the club says and what it does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back