Traded Gary Ablett [traded to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be 19 AND 22 lets see if Geelong will sell their youth farm for one last shot at a flag with Selwood as captain!
Nah, the Cats don't care if they get Ablett or not, just ask their fans, they'll take him if he costs virtually nothing though out of the goodness of their hearts.

Nah, the Cats don't care if they get Ablett or not, just ask their fans, they'll take him if he costs virtually nothing though out of the goodness of their hearts.

No need to keep trolling as this is not the case.

BOOOOOO, get of stage!

How very low of you to bring a family members death into your cheap shot at an opposition football club,
utterly f'kn shameless.

It's not a cheap shot, why do you assume I dislike Geelong. I hate Essendon, Hawthorn, and then after that, Carlton, Saints, before Geelong is considered. The family members is exactly my point. I can not believe there is argy bargy happening with this trade under the circumstances. That might just be me, which is more perplexing.

I actually don't mind Geelong even though you beat us in 2011, barracked for you to beat the Saints and the Hawks in the other GF's who I despise.

If Geelong give up pick 19 or 22 for Ablett, it is more likely to be a pick swap - something like 19 for 25 or 22 for 36. Geelong will want at least one pick around the 20's.

Is that when Wells didn't want to trade Caddy but did it anyway?

Not that I thought or think much of Caddy as a player but I think Geelong shot themselves in the foot with that trade. I don't think it was even on the radar for Caddy to move until his name got thrown into the mix as part of a trade to get Deledio. Once that seed was planted, he was gone. Geelong ****ed up.

ITT: Supporters of teams other than Geelong or GC still crowing that Geelong "should pay the price" through fear that Geelong will continue to be a powerhouse of the AFL.

No one seems to mind that Brisbane will get Hodge for nothing for some weird reason.

ITT: Supporters of teams other than Geelong or GC still crowing that Geelong "should pay the price" through fear that Geelong will continue to be a powerhouse of the AFL.

No one seems to mind that Brisbane will get Hodge for nothing for some weird reason.
1/Hodge wont kick 20 goals + for the year.
2/Hodge wont play 14 games and win the club B+F
3/Hodge didnt hold gun to Hawks head and demand billions.
But otherwise "you" are probably right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet people weren't mad last year when Jordan Lewis whilst under contract was traded to the Demons for a packet of chips.

People can recognize the difference between clubs pushing players out (Mitchell, Hodge) and players pushing their way out of a club (Ablett).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back