Review Geelong defeats Fremantle by 42 points at Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

He took a total of 14 last year and I think 19 the year before that, so he's hardly proved me wrong, in fact he's proved you wrong. He averages less than 1 CM a game in his career.
You said "can't take a contested mark". He proved he could. You said he should take more. I said how many more. You said he needs to average more over the life of his career...

Can you see what is going on here? Fair enough, you don't like him. He looks funny and he is a steeplechaser. But you have to put forth a better argument than this one to sell your case.

not too many playing his role take more... pendlebury is a big guy (not as big, granted) and takes less.

its just a little like potting a CDM for not racking up striker goal tallies.

not every KPP in history has been a CM beast, in any event.
Dangerfield had 29 cm's last year.

Yeah Jamaine Jones. He's extremely quick, has x factor, a mature body and as long as he puts forward pressure on should be given a go this season, as small forwards are the key to success in modern footy especially quick ones. I'd be completely happy with Hawkins out at half forward and Menzel, Linc, JJ, Cocky down there.

He's our boy BC :thumbsu::thumbsu:

And draft selectors disagree. Who to believe.
No they don't?!? I just said clearly players need endurance in fact your argument backs mine up, the average endurance of players today is such collectively that it's much harder for a player with exceptional endurance to use it as any kind of weapon as their opponents always have help because of modern zones/formations, and because players are well rested now.

So he has to be as good as Dangerfield to get a pass from you. Charity.
Why do you respond with such nonsense questions? Read the context in which I made my point before jumping to your own delusional conclusions.

You said "can't take a contested mark". He proved he could. You said he should take more. I said how many more. You said he needs to average more over the life of his career...

Can you see what is going on here? Fair enough, you don't like him. He looks funny and he is a steeplechaser. But you have to put forth a better argument than this one to sell your case.
Yeah, I'd say a guy of 200cm tall who averages less than a single contested mark a game over his career could easily wear the label 'can't take a contested mark.' Do you disagree?

Yeah, I'd say a guy of 200cm tall who averages less than a single contested mark a game over his career could easily wear the label 'can't take a contested mark.' Do you disagree?
Wouldn't it be zero if he can't take a contested mark?

He took a total of 14 last year and I think 19 the year before that, so he's hardly proved me wrong, in fact he's proved you wrong. He averages less than 1 CM a game in his career.

Ok on Sunday he took 4 marks; 3 contested and one uncontested inside 50. What is the right number? Hendo and Mitch topped that table I think with 11 and 9 respectively with Paddy taking 4 as well.

Think this is an interesting point well made but it isn't a seriously pejorative stat. as to his performance. His overall performance was good and he gets to allot of contests IMHO. His CM's seemed to be in critical situations. I think he was on Fyfe at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok on Sunday he took 4 marks; 3 contested and one uncontested inside 50. What is the right number? Hendo and Mitch topped that table I think with 11 and 9 respectively with Paddy taking 4 as well.

Think this is an interesting point well made but it isn't a seriously pejorative stat. as to his performance. His overall performance was good and he gets to allot of contests IMHO. His CM's seemed to be in critical situations. I think he was on Fyfe at some point.

Not that i'm particularly invested in the argument, but its a pretty meaningless stat unless you were to also look at 'attempted contested marks per game' or some non-existent stat like that alongside contested marks per game. You can't take a contested mark if you don't have an opportunity to take one?

The right number when playing on guys 10 cm's smaller than you is a lot more than 0.6 a game.

Well, yeah, that's why I proved you wrong. He CAN take a contested mark. Everything else since is just you scrabbling to change your position.

You have to be very very specific if you say something now BC!
He certainly has not been a very good contested mark of any note so far in his career.
JLT and round 1 though it's gotta be said he seems to have been working on it and looking better.

Well, yeah, that's why I proved you wrong. He CAN take a contested mark. Everything else since is just you scrabbling to change your position.
You proved me wrong? A 200cm ruckman/midfielder who averages 0.6 contested marks a game and you proved me wrong - ha, ha, ha.
:D:D:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Good on ya Ricketz.

Screenshot_2017-03-28-19-16-59.png

These are the 2016 season stats for contested marks. So really for a guy plays backup ruck or midfield and doesn't get the ball kicked to him down forward or sweeping off half back he is just plain average. In the category harry Taylor only had 24 and average one a game one of the best intercept players in comp. So blicavs numbers for a guy who plays 3rd up at ruck and midfield seem normal.

So far the average is 3CM's per game this year. :)

Yep getting 3 contested marks in a game and completely smashing his average, that's when you know you're on to a good contested mark.
:thumbsu:

So far the average is 3CM's per game this year. :)

Lol he should be marking like Hawkins taking hangars over mids because that's the exact way you want to kick the ball in midfield to a contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back