Review Geelong defeats Lions by 27 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, the umpiring was pretty rough in the first half.
In my 10 years here you would be hard pressed to find a post of mine bagging the umpires,but last nights effort wasn't up to standard for the majority of the nigh,maybe they need big crowds for direction in making their decisions.:)

So it was a reportable and sanctionable offence, which the ump watched, but there was no reversal of the free kick.
Yep and sitting in our loungeroom, we all said-that should be a free to selwood! Comon umps how could they miss that. Razor might be dropping off a bit.

I dont mind Brayshaw on the commentary. Actually calls the game and gets excited at the right times. Adds atmosphere to games.

Hate his voice.
Probably of all the commentators, I find his voice the worst.
Has a strange gargling type of sound when he screams. But as for just commentating on the game at hand, he does just stick to the play at hand and isn't pre-occupied with the slap stick comedy routine like Brian Taylor.

18 pages and hardly a mention of the skipper. He’s that good that performances like last night are just expected now. I’m gunna hate it when he stops suiting up for the Cats. Absolute gun, love him.

18 pages and hardly a mention of the skipper. He’s that good that performances like last night are just expected now. I’m gunna hate it when he stops suiting up for the Cats. Absolute gun, love him.

Best EVER, period.

I hope he’s around in a couple of years, so our two and a half year old gets to see him play live, AND remembers it ✊

Best EVER, period.

I hope he’s around in a couple of years, so our two and a half year old gets to see him play live, AND remembers it ✊
Yep, I’ve written here before that I enjoyed watching Gaz Snr more than any flag and the current set up is similar. In 5 or so years we will all be reminiscing about when we used to have Ablett, Selwood, Hawkins and Dangerfield...all in the one team!!! Truly blessed as supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was almost like he got reported for the two incidents in close succession adding up. Neither incident was reportable in itself.

If he had caught the ball it would have been a mark. He missed it so a free kick was correctly given, but the report should be overruled.

View attachment 909470
Correct. When I watched both I thought "OK I am missing something here" but clearly I wasn't

Hate his voice.
Probably of all the commentators, I find his voice the worst.
Has a strange gargling type of sound when he screams. But as for just commentating on the game at hand, he does just stick to the play at hand and isn't pre-occupied with the slap stick comedy routine like Brian Taylor.

In a way, he’s the worst of all.

No football background. Not a journalist. Just a sports fanboy who wants to suck up to (or indeed off) his heroes. Not a coincidence that when the cricket on Nine really went off the rails he was there then too.

Looking at this Clark,Cocky and Steven would be big chances of coming in

Would love Freddy to get a game but which forward do we rest or drop for him?

Cocky still looks like a beast, hope he gets back and get some consistency, we need that hard edge.

Bruce Delicious is a Hawks supporter. Got it?
It’s fantastic that the Hawks have mortgaged their future to produce the list they currently have.

Yep.

Some were denigrating him, and some bundled all our kids in one and said they're obviously just not good enough or they'd be getting a game.

Yet he came in and did what he did.

The kids just need to be given a chance. I'd love to see both Clark and CC in with Simpson too.
ITs amazing what can happen when you give kids time to develop and work thru their weaknesses.

Whodathunnkit

GO Catters

It's hard being one of the only positive ones in here when many stopped watching - I knew eventually their inexperience would break them. Called it exactly as it happened. We went from a Chris Scott defensive, 8m chip kicks turnovers to Attacking pressure football in the 3rd quarter when they realised thats our only chance to get back into it. Then I also predicted we would go back to slow defensive pressure football in the last and again thats exactly what happened and they beat us in that quarter as well.

The exact same thing happened with Carlton except we left the attacking risk football too late and couldn't overrun them. Against Melbourne they never got in front of us enough to force us to switch to attack mode hence the sh*t game and us getting over simply with a bit of luck/timing.
Backslappers 101 is in room 12b down the hall. Feel freee to join them. What a crock .

And please be real. You s**t can the club, players and List as much as any supporter on this board. Spare me .
GO Catters

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back