Review Geelong defeats Lions by 27 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Laughable.
Channel 7 got it wrong. He was cleared for that. The $1k fine is for the bump near the boundary line

Rohan was reported by umpire ‘Razor’ Ray Chamberlain after making high contact on Brandon Starcevich.

While the match day report was thrown out by Michael Christian, it was a separate incident near the interchange bench just minutes later which will cost Rohan come coin.

Rohan elected to bump Lion Ryan Lester, leaving him looking a “bit gingerly” as he got up off the ground, according to Channel 7 commentator Jude Bolton.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Channel 7 got it wrong. He was cleared for that. The $1k fine is for the bump near the boundary line

Unlike 7 to get something wrong... :p

I don't remember the incident of Birchall striking Selwood, but was it around the same time as the free kick against Joel that was awarded to Birchall, which saw the commentators decide to discuss the "history" between the 2; specifically Joel's 4 game suspension from a few seasons ago.

Grant Birchall, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with Striking Joel Selwood, Geelong Cats, during the second quarter of the Round Six match between the Geelong Cats and the Brisbane Lions, played at the SCG on Thursday July 9.

In summary he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Incident assessed:

The match day report laid against Geelong Cats' Gary Rohan (see the incident below) for contact on Brisbane Lions' Brandon Starcevich from the first quarter of Thursday night's match was assessed. Zach Tuohy kicks the ball forward for Geelong towards Rohan.

Starcevich moves backwards to intercept the ball and in the process of contesting the ball Rohan makes high contact to Starcevich. It was the view of the MRO that Rohan's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

I don't remember the incident of Birchall striking Selwood, but was it around the same time as the free kick against Joel that was awarded to Birchall, which saw the commentators decide to discuss the "history" between the 2; specifically Joel's 4 game suspension from a few seasons ago.

He really does creep me out. Why is he so shiny?
Old creepy bwuce sneaking around on Brownlow night is the biggest cringe fest lol He should’ve retired from commentary when cometti did. He’s way past it now and I can’t stand the other commentators blowing smoke up his a$$. Especially Hamish. Get off it.

I certainly haven't advocated for his inclusion, but I was pleased he was given the opportunity and have always thought he had ability. And it was certainly a nice suprise for me how well he played (and, I would say, for almost everyone).

But none of us should get carried away. It's just one game. He's got a long way to go.

With respect, all new kids have a long way to go. That said, he's made a promising start.

Simpson has had some seriously underrated VFL form at times, and to see him translate his whole game to the seniors while the whole team was majorly under the pump cannot really be overstated.

It'll be really interesting to see what the midfield group looks like if Narkle and Duncan are out for a few weeks. Gaz will need a rest, and Steven can't plug all those holes.

More than ‘the kids need to be given a chance’, I think the kids should be played when they are actually ready to play when given a chance….

Imagine bringing in Simpson last year, he would be one year under-developed to play AFL.

Likewise, when the coaches/players like Selwood, say that players like Clarke and Constable need to be working on their games, then that’s probably what they need to be doing.

Fair call.

Just want to see a bit more consistency on the standards required, no matter the age or vintage of a player. That would unify the players and club even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old creepy bwuce sneaking around on Brownlow night is the biggest cringe fest lol He should’ve retired from commentary when cometti did. He’s way past it now and I can’t stand the other commentators blowing smoke up his a$$. Especially Hamish. Get off it.
Can we do this one more time.

Agree that #1 ruck is Fort's position to lose now given his performances over the past few weeks, but I think people are/have been a bit harsh on Stanley's game against Cartlon. He was really good in the first half and looked like continuing his form from the Hawthorn game the week before, but then he injured his knee in the third and pretty much sat out the entire final quarter on the bench, which really allowed Pittonet to take control in the second half.
Forts looked surprisingly solid. But Stanleys game against the hawks was still better than any of forts.

So it was a reportable and sanctionable offence, which the ump watched, but there was no reversal of the free kick.
Selwood is now in the Toby Greene category of being adjudicated according to a different set of rules. Basically has to get decapitated to get a free these days.

But hey, keeps the ferals happy so *play on*.

Selwood is now in the Toby Greene category of being adjudicated according to a different set of rules. Basically has to get decapitated to get a free these days.

But hey, keeps the ferals happy so *play on*.

He's all about Razor.
He loves he's meeeeeeeeee time.

Toby gets a raw deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back