Preview Geelong V Freo @ Optus Monday July 27 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t happen but like to see the following in the side as they are or should be best 25

In Stewart, Duncan, Stanley, Fogerty, Cookatoo,

Out Selwood, Clark, Ablett, Fort, Bews,

Fort and Bews aren’t best 25 and the others are injured.

Chook will be the most interesting one this week.

The discussion has always been that hes a pure inside mid and with Duncan, Selwood, PFD et al there was a queue.

Now that Duncan, Selwood and Narkle are all out or questionable, GAJ has gone home, there is no queue anymore.

AN inside mid position is open.

GO Catters

With the long turnaround between games I'm assuming Duncan gets up. Ideal world nakia is ready to get back in the side so injuries permitting is like:

Out: Selwood, Ablett, Clark
In: Constable, Cocky, Duncan

If cocky is a no then there's a few options. Parsons the most logical based on experience, MC might view that well as having run dry though. Close or Fogarty probably next cab off the rank, though I think Fogarty should come back in as a tagger and with Fyfe out I think we'd be playing out of his best position. Evans is one I wouldn't mind to see.

I'm just slowing going insane seeing a side made exclusively of existing players and no debuts. Feed me something!
they have no option with the reduced tern around times. that does not encourage the newbies

Won’t happen but like to see the following in the side as they are or should be best 25

In Stewart, Duncan, Stanley, Fogerty, Cookatoo,

Out Selwood, Clark, Ablett, Fort, Bews,

Fort and Bews aren’t best 25 and the others are injured.
I thought Bews was good Thursday night particularly the first half he's going no where for now.

Chook will be the most interesting one this week.

The discussion has always been that hes a pure inside mid and with Duncan, Selwood, PFD et al there was a queue.

Now that Duncan, Selwood and Narkle are all out or questionable, GAJ has gone home, there is no queue anymore.

AN inside mid position is open.

GO Catters
I've committed to buying a covid membership next season even though I personally won't use it but no Chook this week and that deal is at risk of being scrapped.Now's the time to see what's on our list and we have a good idea what the Zuthries and Parsons offer,lets look at some others.

In: Duncan, Stewart, Constable, Fogarty, Kreuger, Evans

Out: Ablett, Selwood, Clark, Ratugolea, Kolodjahnij, Miers

That's what I'd like to see.

I'm expecting another 2-3 goal loss

I thought Bews was good Thursday night particularly the first half he's going no where for now.
Bews has been good. He's starting to run a little more ... hopefully that part of his game is given some sort of green light.

I'd also like to see Evans debut. He's got some grunt, some class and can hit the scoreboard.

Kreuger also needs to replace Ratagolea ... he just doesn't do enough. If Fort can't ruck solo in shortened games then he shouldn't be in the side. We're too top heavy and something needs to give for the balance of the side.

Worst game ever. I've been through the Paul Roos Sydney years, the late Ayers years with us, 2 Ross Lyon teams, the Crowbots, Terry Wallace floods and I've never seen a team as boring as we were in the second half that evening.
What a waste of time.
Should expect more of the same :)

Bews has been good. He's starting to run a little more ... hopefully that part of his game is given some sort of green light.

I'd also like to see Evans debut. He's got some grunt, some class and can hit the scoreboard.

Kreuger also needs to replace Ratagolea ... he just doesn't do enough. If Fort can't ruck solo in shortened games then he shouldn't be in the side. We're too top heavy and something needs to give for the balance of the side.
Guthrie and Bews are playing a more attacking and longer game since the return to footy, is it a coaching/game plan thing or have both been given rockets,what ever it is it needs to continue.

In: Duncan, Stewart, Constable, Fogarty, Kreuger, Evans

Out: Ablett, Selwood, Clark, Ratugolea, Kolodjahnij, Miers

That's what I'd like to see.

I'm expecting another 2-3 goal loss

Who's going to give Fort a chop out in the ruck if Sav's out?

Who's going to give Fort a chop out in the ruck if Sav's out?
Fort shouldn't need a chop out with shortened quarters. It's not as if Sav or Fort are weapons in the ruck anyway. We need to start seeing what guys like Kreuger, etc have to offer at AFL level before it's too late. As of now Sav is underperforming and shouldn't be in the side.

Fort shouldn't need a chop out with shortened quarters. It's not as if Sav or Fort are weapons in the ruck anyway. We need to start seeing what guys like Kreuger, etc have to offer at AFL level before it's too late. As of now Sav is underperforming and shouldn't be in the side.

Let's put it another way then. If Fort was to be injured, who would we put in the ruck to replace him?

If they bring in parsons and zuthrie i’ll spew up.

Duncan should be a certainty for clark. Chook for selwood. Not sure who they could use to replace gaz. I would like krueger and reshuffle someone around.
Not sure if constable is a good idea on a big ground. His issue is spread. That’s where we were exposed against Collingwood. They controlled the outside of the packs with their set up and speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In : Duncan Zuthrie Cockatoo

Out : Ablett Selwood Clark

O'Connor Blicavs Stewart
Touhy Taylor Henry
C Guthrie Menegola Duncan
Dalhaus ratagolea Cockatoo
Miers Hawkins Rohan
Fort Dangerfield Parfitt
Steven Simpson
Bews Zuthrie
Obviously zuthrie shouldn’t be in. We half enough talls down back unless he has been trialled in some other position in the scratch matches?

Let's put it another way then. If Fort was to be injured, who would we put in the ruck to replace him?
Blicavs.

Plenty of coverage down back should that be the case.

Yep, let's see Evans in for Ablett. We will need some forward craft.

I don't think he has the fitness base on the bigger ground yet although the games being shorter helps him.

I'd say we are looking at Ablett Clark and Selwood out and Duncan and Stewart (if fit) and probably Fogarty in. I'd like to see us be bold and bring Stephens or Constable in but on the big ground o doubt we will. I'd also like to drop one of our tall defenders as Freo aren't that tall but I doubt we will. Probably too early for Cockatoo too.

Sav and Fort are lucky Jenkins and Stanley aren't fit.

We'd start with Blicavs - with bitching from the fans that he's not at FB

we'd also try Taylor, Henry & Hawkins to help at various stages and areas of the ground

Where is all this Stewart talk coming from,no way he's back this month.
There was an artilce on the GFC website from Lloyd about it.

That said, Im with you on this one. It seems WAY early for him to be considered.

Granted, im on Doc or Physio - and Lloyd said hes done a lot of running and just got rhru a heavy contact session this week.

Still - id be waiting at least another week unitl the WC game looking at the bigger piicture.

We can bring another mid in and keep HT, Blitz, Kolo, 2E, MOC, Bews in the back 6.

Go Catters

This is one game I will not be watching and the thought of Parsons and Zuthrie playing makes me dry reach. 2 very ugly footy teams playing ugly footy, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back