No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon I'd have it like this:

1. Lance Franklin
2. Jarryd Roughead
3. Brett Deledio
4. Jordan Lewis
5. Josh Gibson
6. Ryan Griffen
7. Eddie Betts
8. Travis Cloke
9. Heath Grundy
10. Mark LeCras

It was a very shallow draft. Top dozen or so from that draft range from very good to Hall of Fame/Legends material and then after that it fell away very sharply. We did amazingly well to nail our picks, and likewise every other club suffered for not even getting close to doing as well as we did.
I'd have Gibbo ahead of Lewis

You're kidding me. Lewis, over his career is way ahead of Gibbo. And to have Deledio ahead of him? Please. FWIW, I think the recall was spot on, except, maybe, for not including Betts.

I see that Gaz has pulled out of the Internationals but is keen to play every match now he is back home, according to the HS.

Maybe Todd Viney will play on him round one!
Jimmy bartel thinks they have time warped back to the 07-11 team, now with gaz back on board he will kick 50 from the forward line and dominate in the middle with the hollywood brothers (dangerwood) than go on and win the flag for them. He may have been a bit of tongue in cheek with it all but seriously whats in the water down there? They breed a bunch of delusional tools by the sounds of it.

Jimmy bartel thinks they have time warped back to the 07-11 team, now with gaz back on board he will kick 50 from the forward line and dominate in the middle with the hollywood brothers (dangerwood) than go on and win the flag for them. He may have been a bit of tongue in cheek with it all but seriously whats in the water down there? They breed a bunch of delusional tools by the sounds of it.

Apparently you only need 3 players to win a premiership now. It doesn’t matter that at times the Cats could be savaged in defence last year and they’ve lost two of their best defenders - their midfield is so good now the ball will apparently never move past it :drunk:

Deledio would’ve been a generational player if he didn’t go to that rabble of a club.
I'm curious, do you reckon he's cooked? Barely got over his soft-tissue issues for the plastics this year but is still only 30.

Eh you got some s**t but I agree. Gibbo slightly better, there was a 5-6 year stretch where Lewis shat me with his inconsistency. Gibson was two way, affected the game with quality disposal and could play on most forwards, Lewis was inconsistent bar a stretch of a few years and was not a two way player.

I still love Lewis, no way I'd take Deledio over him. As good as Deledio was on his day, I feel like he was treated with kiddy gloves because he was the number 1 pick over Franklin and Roughead and people felt bad for Richmond, hell for ages people were saying Deledio was the right choice over Roughead, lmao. Lewis is just better, not as good a kick but still a very good one.

Apparently you only need 3 players to win a premiership now. It doesn’t matter that at times the Cats could be savaged in defence last year and they’ve lost two of their best defenders - their midfield is so good now the ball will apparently never move past it :drunk:
Cats are moreover very thin in defence with Ruggles and Cowan making it four defensive delistings. Throw in 2-3 minor injuries in any round and they're really struggling to cover at all even with them throwing Taylor back. Even apart from replacing the lost quality it seems they are going to have to get full seasons out of a lot of players who have never done that before.

Even if the backline miraculously holds up - and magically improves enough to actually let them contend - a single decent long term injury to Hawkins, J Selwood, Ablett, or Dangerfield and they're in deep trouble.

Last edited:
Could find it and use it ok, but all time great???
Correct.

It’s a testament to his ability that he became the player that he is, while being developed so poorly by a s**t club.

Put him at Hawthorn in 2004 and he becomes a different player.

Correct.

It’s a testament to his ability that he became the player that he is, while being developed so poorly by a s**t club.

Put him at Hawthorn in 2004 and he becomes a different player.

But I've read on BigFooty that we were gifted premierships because of our high draft picks.

Do we actually have to develop players then?

I'm biologically male, and every single one of the AFLW girls would kick my arse on the footy field.
I relate to this statement on every level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for the Suns with Hanley breaking his wrist in the largely unwatched International. Pies also can't take a trick with Pendles breaking a finger in a tackle, but his injury is partially self inflicted. Ffs, one finger tackles are rarely a great success, unless you are Hopoate!

With the squad injuries and now these, the International's future is up in the air. Imagine if Ablett, sorry, I mean Danger went down with an acl. Thank goodness neither of our boys were injured, but there is still one match to go.

I imagine in future that AFLX matches will be a good chance for the marginal players to show their wares. Wouldn't be real keen on Rioli or Jaeger or Burton being injured in these type of meaningless matches.

GWS list manager, Craig Cameron, has been stood down immediately, after being poached by Gold Coast. Not great timing for GWS, with the draft being 2 weeks away, and GWS having relatively poor draft picks this year. If Gold Coast selected one of the GWS draft fancies it would add an edge to their so far non-existent rivalry.

As a Hawk, anything that weakens GWS is fine by me. Despite Cochrane I'm almost sorry for the Suns.

GWS list manager, Craig Cameron, has been stood down immediately, after being poached by Gold Coast. Not great timing for GWS, with the draft being 2 weeks away, and GWS having relatively poor draft picks this year. If Gold Coast selected one of the GWS draft fancies it would add an edge to their so far non-existent rivalry.

As a Hawk, anything that weakens GWS is fine by me. Despite Cochrane I'm almost sorry for the Suns.

If my son drafted to the Suns I would be inwardly devastated as things stand atm. Feel sorry for the kids who are drafted there, as realising their dreams becomes that much harder. Merge them with Brisbane. Hand them another threepeat in the process, making them the greatest club of the modern era and move on imo.

Someone seems to have forgotten they set their alias up as a 13yr old .....
Seriously why do you think that I have a second account. What evidence do you have. Who is my "second account" I am seriously a real 13 year old boy.

I feel sorry for the Suns with Hanley breaking his wrist in the largely unwatched International. Pies also can't take a trick with Pendles breaking a finger in a tackle, but his injury is partially self inflicted. Ffs, one finger tackles are rarely a great success, unless you are Hopoate!

With the squad injuries and now these, the International's future is up in the air. Imagine if Ablett, sorry, I mean Danger went down with an acl. Thank goodness neither of our boys were injured, but there is still one match to go.

I imagine in future that AFLX matches will be a good chance for the marginal players to show their wares. Wouldn't be real keen on Rioli or Jaeger or Burton being injured in these type of meaningless matches.

Players can get an injury at pre season training or in an off season incident involving a dog, I like the IR games and am happy for our boys to play. I doubt the injuries to Hanley and Pendlebury will affect the future of the series.

If my son drafted to the Suns I would be inwardly devastated as things stand atm. Feel sorry for the kids who are drafted there, as realising their dreams becomes that much harder. Merge them with Brisbane. Hand them another threepeat in the process, making them the greatest club of the modern era and move on imo.

I'm with you if your son wanted to play footy at the highest level.

However, if your son wanted to have a great time in the clubs, get paid well (for a short time) and meet some nice ladies, the Gold Coast Suns are the best place to be!

Seriously why do you think that I have a second account. What evidence do you have. Who is my "second account" I am seriously a real 13 year old boy.
I didn’t doubt you until this post...

I'm with you if your son wanted to play footy at the highest level.

However, if your son wanted to have a great time in the clubs, get paid well (for a short time) and meet some nice ladies, the Gold Coast Suns are the best place to be!

Highest rate of breast augmentations in the developed world on the Gold Coast. He is a handsome little fella and might still take a few great grabs if he ended up there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back