No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Moore. Class act as always.

Also record home game attendance - despite ticket prices being insane these days if you’re not a member. Maybe the AFL could make prices just a touch fairer and they’d be getting 90-95,000 at games like this. People clearly still love going to the footy.
I just buy junior tickets. Saves you heaps.

Darcy Moore. Class act as always.
Yeah the combination of the Daicos brothers and Hill make them watchable there are a lot of bit part players who know their role and Darcy Moore always talks less like a footballer and more like a statesman. Amazing how much they have improved on and off the field since Maguire left.

Also just an aside - noted Brendan Bolton looked very happy on the siren

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favorite moment tonight was after Owes threw his own head into the ground to 'earn' the free, he kicked the goal and started to prance around like a jerk, and the Collingwood back man just went 'bang!' with a sweet (and perfectly OK) body check that shut his whole celebration down. Doubly happy the goal wasn't influential in the end.

How can anyone watch football and think naicos isn't what he's hyped up to be??? Plays brilliantly across half back and when needed goes in the middle and brains it!!
Btw, out of all the teams I hate, the blues are on top and weirdly enough, I've never had the hatred others have against the pies! I like them, because, they're my go to team when someone needs to put essdn, Carlton, Geelong , Dee's and tigers on their arse!
Great win btw, showed guts!

How can anyone watch football and think naicos isn't what he's hyped up to be??? Plays brilliantly across half back and when needed goes in the middle and brains it!!
Btw, out of all the teams I hate, the blues are on top and weirdly enough, I've never had the hatred others have against the pies! I like them, because, they're my go to team when someone needs to put essdn, Carlton, Geelong , Dee's and tigers on their arse!
Great win btw, showed guts!

There’s a slim minority I’ve seen here that have some very bizarre (and mostly easily disputable) criticisms. Doesn’t make sense to me - he’s a phenomenal player and isn’t a punchable flog like some others are.

How has his season been to date? Legitimate question because I haven’t kept up with it this season.

From what I’ve seen not quite at his 2023 top level best but still averaging 30 touches a game despite that.

Doesn’t flag anything on entry? I always assumed it might alert the folk at the turnstiles.
Nah, there's normally no one on the turnstiles, at AO anyway, or they're just watching people come in. Heard that's the same in VIC too.

Worst case scenario you've lost $8 trying to get in and you can just play dumb and buy an adult ticket. I think I felt bad the first time but AFL etc. can GAGF.

Bobby Hill glides - he is so smooth

Brayden Maynard is a dickhead

I actually don’t mind this pies team

Just saw footage of Lachie Schultz’s punch to the back of the head of the Carlton player.

Honestly in my book he should have a long stint (3-4 weeks minimum) on the sidelines for it.

It’s the sort of thing that could do a lot of damage. I’d like to see the AFL pull the potential for injury card on it.

Carlton are mid tier change my mind.

Will hit the half way mark of the season with a 6-6 record.
I kinda go for the Blues as a neutral because of family, they are so poorly coached. Good talent over the ground, but if they ever put a 4 quarter performance against a top team, I'd be stunned. Only ever beat teams with less talent, sounds like a Ken Hinkley coast job to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back