No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpire allowed DBJ to run to the top of his run up on his first goal before putting time back on, to the letter of the law as soon as the ball was passed to him time was supposed to be on. This resulted in an additional 19 seconds of play in the fourth.

Considering we lost by one point, to a goal that was score with 0:01 showing on the clock, you could argue that it cost us the game.
I'm more of a believer that us not holding a 41 point lead for 40 minutes of game time cost us.
Two things can be true at once. And the error in timekeeping doesn’t really bother me, as you say we need to blame ourselves first, but the whitewash of the error and “ticking it off” is laughable from an org that has never , ever , demonstrated a modicum of accountability

Two things can be true at once. And the error in timekeeping doesn’t really bother me, as you say we need to blame ourselves first, but the whitewash of the error and “ticking it off” is laughable from an org that has never , ever , demonstrated a modicum of accountability
One of the youngest teams in the league put in a massive amount of work to get a lead against a more mature, fit and experienced team that is a contender for top four and then to do that in Adelaide. The kids were cooked and I would argue that the effort and execution shown for the first three quarters and the fact that the siren should have gone while we were in front suggests that we did in fact deserve that win. Giving up the lead wasn’t ideal but the effort to get the lead, that was in fact enough of a lead if not for incorrect officiating is very impressive and should not be discredited by ‘we deserved to lose because we gave up the lead’.

One of the youngest teams in the league put in a massive amount of work to get a lead against a more mature, fit and experienced team that is a contender for top four and then to do that in Adelaide. The kids were cooked and I would argue that the effort and execution shown for the first three quarters and the fact that the siren should have gone while we were in front suggests that we did in fact deserve that win. Giving up the lead wasn’t ideal but the effort to get the lead, that was in fact enough of a lead if not for incorrect officiating is very impressive and should not be discredited by ‘we deserved to lose because we gave up the lead’.
100%
If the rule is that the clock goes on, when the player has the ball, then we we're robbed of 4 points.

AFL tick that off, then they either need to change the rule, or they're flipping cheating.

100%
If the rule is that the clock goes on, when the player has the ball, then we we're robbed of 4 points.

AFL tick that off, then they either need to change the rule, or they're hecking cheating.
I’m not saying that we will nor should be making finals BUT if our current form continues and we snatch a few wins that we maybe shouldn’t and miss out because of this that will be two years in a row the officiating of the game has cost a team. The same goes for if Port take a top four spot from someone else due to four points they shouldn’t have.

I'm more of a believer that us not holding a 41 point lead for 40 minutes of game time cost us.
Well we did hold the lead for 40 minutes less 19 extra seconds.

Add 19 seconds to the 2014 PF and maybe Port win that too.

100%

AFL tick that off, then they either need to change the rule, or they're hecking cheating.
The AFL will most likely say they got it wrong and that will be the end of it. No different to the Adelaide missed goal last year.

Doesn’t provide much comfort for the teams on the receiving end but the AFL also can’t look at changing scores/ results from decisions before the end of the game.

“Our officials screwed up the officiating of the game and it cost a team the win, but we’re comfortable with that”
Classic AFL
The WeFL

Everything is We We We with HQ nowadays. Very little ownership of any decison making.

It is wrong and should never happened, but its okay, it has been ticked off. Just shut up and dont make much noise about it please.

Tempted to go find that Carlton poster on the main board who was saying over summer that he watched Harley last year and that “VFL was his level.”

What a moron.
Harley Reid is the full package. None of this collecting cheap 1-2 stats shirking tackles, he is the complete player already.

I can only hope that the same situation occurs to a team in the final series. It would be hysterical if was a Pies vs Giants match because either way the fallout would be mind blowing. The Pies Army and the AFL Development Darlings locking horns. If my memory serves me correctly there was a result change in a Freo vs Aints match in Tasmania a long time ago.

On another matter, I’m totally over the media constantly raising Adelaide being robbed of a finals appearance. The silence over Adelaide kicking two goals in the last minutes to be gifted a win against us has always been deafening. The first goal was a brilliant kick by Rachelle (?) however the ball was clearly over the boundary line prior to the kick. RIP integrity 💩.

“Our officials screwed up the officiating of the game and it cost a team the win, but we’re comfortable with that”
Classic AFL

Disgraceful really.

Last year there was the debacle that cost Adelaide their finals spot, and now this. This is a professional league (supposedly).

Imagine if this happened in a crunch final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only hope that the same situation occurs to a team in the final series. It would be hysterical if was a Pies vs Giants match because either way the fallout would be mind blowing. The Pies Army and the AFL Development Darlings locking horns. If my memory serves me correctly there was a result change in a Freo vs Aints match in Tasmania a long time ago.

On another matter, I’m totally over the media constantly raising Adelaide being robbed of a finals appearance. The silence over Adelaide kicking two goals in the last minutes to be gifted a win against us has always been deafening. The first goal was a brilliant kick by Rachelle (?) however the ball was clearly over the boundary line prior to the kick. RIP integrity 💩.
That one was siren failed to sound and the score was disallowed giving freo the win iirc

That one was siren failed to sound and the score was disallowed giving freo the win iirc
It’s a similar thing to the weekend really, except that the goal would have to be disallowed now rather than on the day. It never should have been paid as the siren should have sounded before the ball was there.

Given the odds are low that we'd be the Victorian side he chooses, I hope he plays his career in Perth and becomes a champion of the game.
Eagles likely wouldn't entertain a trade until he's out of contract end of 2026. By then hopefully we're looking to be a top 4 side. And he's also good mates with Nick Watson which isn't nothing. So I wouldn't rule us out as being a high preference if he did look to leave.

I don't think he leaves though. He's a young country kid and he's been over there for 5 minutes. He's still adjusting to the big life change. I don't think he plays this well or does stuff like grabbing at his jumper after kicking goals if he wasn't enjoying himself.

Parker got 6 weeks, and rightly so, couldn't believe it when I heard Hodgey say it was worth 2
I’m watching 360 now - the way these idiots apologise for their favourites is laughable.

Parker’s act was disgusting - the ball passed an age ago and the bloke he hit was not even in play.

If Sicily did it these clowns would be calling for life.

I’m watching 360 now - the way these idiots apologise for their favourites is laughable.

Parker’s act was disgusting - the ball passed an age ago and the bloke he hit was not even in play.

If Sicily did it these clowns would be calling for life.
He wanted 5 weeks for Sicilys trip on McGrath in R1. I'm being serious.

Classic AFL
Where is Hawthorn in all this? I'd like the club to come out with a statement saying that this is unacceptable and invoke the precedence of the Freo/St Kilda game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back