Hair with Heart - Support George as he chops his mop!

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Prefix: I've updated the OP to shift the support to legendary bagger MightyBlue in his quest to reach a massive target as he, too cuts his wonderful locks for a great cause - Variety and their 'Hair with Heart' campaign.

Get around him, baggers!

George Zabanias

I hope that the mods don't mind me dipping into the forum to promote a personal campaign, but on April 30 - after 2 and a half long years of growing out my mane - I'll be cutting it off for the Kids with Cancer Foundation.

I'm doing this to fundraise to help sick kids throughout Australia. Not only will my locks be used to make a wig for a young person with cancer, your donations to the cause will allow the Kids with Cancer Foundation to continue with their financial support of families that have a child suffering cancer.

I love doing this kind of awareness raising and fundraising, and am calling on any Baggers will deep pockets and big hearts to help a great cause. I'm cutting 20cm+ in length which is needed to make a human wig.

Match my cut by donating $20 for 20cm #20for20

My little fella is absolutely devastated (he's a tactile comforter, so loves the hair) but I hope will look back and see that it's a great thing to help others - lessons we all want to show and pass down to the next generation.

A big part of the reason I'm doing this is to help create a wig for a young person struggling with cancer. To do this, I needed 20cm+ length - otherwise, I would have loved to get involved in the #DoingItForDoc movement. But I love this charity, so hope you support it all the same.

Show your support here

Thank you all, and UP THE BLUES! 3-0 BABY!

- Matty

Last edited:

Good on ya man. GF's dad died of cancer last year. Partner at work is currently in chemo for prostate cancer. So this is a cause that resonates at the mo'.

All power to ya. Hope you reach and even exceed your goal.

Good on ya man. GF's dad died of cancer last year. Partner at work is currently in chemo for prostate cancer. So this is a cause that resonates at the mo'.

All power to ya. Hope you reach and even exceed your goal.
Sorry to hear, mate. It's such a devastating disease and comes in far too many forms. Hoping I smash my goal and can do some good for the families as well as make a little one's face light up with a new look.

Thanks so much for the support, legend.

Each year in Australia, it's estimated over 850 children aged 0–14 years will be newly diagnosed with cancer, with the highest age group being 0-4. That's almost a thousand NEW families each year whose lives are irreversibly changed forever. Almost 100 kids won't make it and for those that keep fighting, they face an uphill battle and need support to do so.

I'm calling on my Blues brothers and sisters who love this club as much as me to chuck a $20 for the 20cm I'm cutting on April 30.

Know that I will love you a lot more and you'll feel better about yourself. Win win!

X

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated - April 27
HUGE thanks to those who have chucked some hard earned or words of support already. I've now raised almost $1800 en route to almost DOUBLING my target - funds that will do wonders for the Kids With Cancer Foundation Australia.

Donate link in OP.

Love you all.

photo or gtfo........
c443b19b478b71324c52907f0d01ed89.jpg

#donfabio

Ask them if they want a slightly curly wig instead of straight hair? I've not had a haircut since before the start of the pandemic.

If I put my hair over the front of my face, I resemble cousin It.

Great work Matty. You're a good man.

Donation done.
You're a legend, bud. Appreciate it so much :hearts:
Should be rocking the head band, a young Bruce Doull? Love the commitment Matty more strength to your arm.
I have at times - especially after the shower. Tying up wet, long hair is a recipe for disaster. Stays wet for days. The old headband does wonders (though does pull an eyebrow raise from my wife).
Ask them if they want a slightly curly wig instead of straight hair? I've not had a haircut since before the start of the pandemic.

If I put my hair over the front of my face, I resemble cousin It.
Mate, as long as its healthy hair and over 20cm (without being dyed etc) then they're screaming out for it. I'm sure a young girl or guy would be blessed to have your curly locks.
Long Hair GIF by Slingshot Dakota

You're a legend, bud. Appreciate it so much :hearts:

I have at times - especially after the shower. Tying up wet, long hair is a recipe for disaster. Stays wet for days. The old headband does wonders (though does pull an eyebrow raise from my wife).

Mate, as long as its healthy hair and over 20cm (without being dyed etc) then they're screaming out for it. I'm sure a young girl or guy would be blessed to have your curly locks.
Long Hair GIF by Slingshot Dakota
I haven't dyed my hair in years. And yeah, nah... not that curly. And there are a few gray hairs sneaking in there... it was bound to happen at 58 years old.

Matty411 this is awesome. Glad to see you're getting so much support. I've been growing my hair since the start of the pandemic and was going to donate it to Hair with Heart (part of Variety, the children's charity); they have a length requirement of 14", and I'm so so close right now. Didn't think of trying to get some additional donations for the chop, so really appreciate the inspiration :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back