Traded Harley Balic [traded to Melbourne] [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit strange as Balic doesn't seem a great fit for Melbourne, plethora of inside mids so unless they are expecting to lose one of them for Lever, it seems Goodwin has a bit of the Bucks about him, loves his inside mids!
Without knowing alot about Melbourne's midfield, Balic is more of your smooth moving, find-space-where-there-is-none inside mid as opposed to the bash and crash style.

Without knowing alot about Melbourne's midfield, Balic is more of your smooth moving, find-space-where-there-is-none inside mid as opposed to the bash and crash style.

So could be an outside mid that goes in and gets the ball when we need him to?

Whats are his skills like? Kicking? Good decision maker?

We need some outside mids but if Goodwin feels Balic can play in and out then would be a good pick up for our 3rd or 4th.

So could be an outside mid that goes in and gets the ball when we need him to?

Whats are his skills like? Kicking? Good decision maker?

We need some outside mids but if Goodwin feels Balic can play in and out then would be a good pick up for our 3rd or 4th.

From exposed game play his skills and decision making were quite good without being excellent. But I'm going off of 4 games here.

He plays like a young Pendlebury..... hasn't played much because of his wrist but will be a very handy player. Shame we can't keep him but best of luck to him in the future

Fremantle would take that and run if offered. Does Goodwin not rate Kent?

He's there or there abouts under Goodwin, competing with the likes of Hannan, Neal-Bullen and Melksham to be that wing/ hff player. He played 6 games this year between hamstring and shoulder injuries and an internal club suspension for drinking after a vfl game.

He's out of contract next year (I think) and wouldn't command much at the trade table. Would likely be available for a pick in the mid 30s-mid40s or an equivalent player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks.

Forward pressure is keeping out your team plus he is a flight risk.

Only WA players under 25 and no delist fodder.
That's the safest way to do it.
But I don't think blokes looking for a second chance are a flight risk compared to someone drafted to another state.
But if Lennon hasn't cracked it at tigers over the last 5 years then he no good.

On E6853 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Balic is a sooky Mummy's boy who can hack living away from the tit. I'll pack his bags for him as long as we get a Melbourne club's second year player who is on the fringe of their senior side.

Screw picks, we always seem to muck them up.
Alex Morgan (joking, he's terrible)

Do you think so ? Let see in trade week .
Lloyd on Trade Radio yesterday said again Freo were going to the draft. I doubt he'd fill a spot with Kent that could go to an 18 year old. Kent doesn't achieve anything at all for the club as far as elite talent or rebuild. Taking him would be a horrible decision.

Lloyd on Trade Radio yesterday said again Freo were going to the draft. I doubt he'd fill a spot with Kent that could go to an 18 year old. Kent doesn't achieve anything at all for the club as far as elite talent or rebuild. Taking him would be a horrible decision.
Agree , that is the vibe from Lloyd . Also sound like Balic not too fuss about which Melbourne club as long Freo get him home and get a fair deal for the club if possible.

Croad was an in demand player.

Lennon would be playing for his career....his next club if he finds one would be his last.

On E6853 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Right but the only reason we'd get Lennon is because we think he would succeed so either he doesn't succeed and the trade is a fail or he does succeed becomes an in demand player and potentially leaves and the trade is a fail. It's lose lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back