Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

No offence, but no matter how genuine they might be, any Tigers fans talking down Bennell in this thread will always appear to have sour grapes considering they way they carried on when he had dinner with Dusty. Probably best to just let time be the judge

I was excited until the club did their research on bennell and pulled out. Once that happened i was happy to see him go elsewhere.

Gold Coast are muppets.

Why the hell did they agree to send their pick 22 back to the Dockers?

Fremantle's first and second picks would have been reasonable. Probably still unders, but reasonable under the circumstances. How the hell did the Suns get bullied into ponying up pick 22 as well?

Especially when they've been asking for two first round picks for Charlie Dixon.

not mutually exclusive. many players can party all year and play in a premiership. but you knew that already...

Agreed, wasn't Harley originally living with Karmichael Hunt when he shifted over? Remember it was for him to be the mentor, explains some of his habits if that were the case. Being just turned 23 the kid can easily turn the off-field around. If he played as good as he did busted up I'm intrigued with what's up next

he's been playing great footy all year. all this controversy is from a photo taken 2 years ago
Not really.
I agree he's Been playing good footy absolutely but it's not just a photo.
I'm not here to slander Harley Bennell I love watching him play.
But he does have some issues.
The lack of interest from clubs and the trade negotiated tells you it's far from your everyday situation.
Whilst there is a concern about him moving home I think it's a good club for him with good leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely that can't happen.

Of course it won't, but it seems that while Gold Coast was flexing its so called muscles to Port, Fremantle took advantage of the distraction and violated them.

Of course it won't, but it seems that while Gold Coast was flexing its so called muscles to Port, Fremantle took advantage of the distraction and violated them.
This isn't a WWE wrestling ring mate.

I'm personally hoping that Fremantle at least agreed to take on our remainder of the contract for Harley.

Legitimate question here but did the policy of clubs find out how many strikes an incoming player is on get through?

This isn't a WWE wrestling ring mate.

I'm personally hoping that Fremantle at least agreed to take on our remainder of the contract for Harley.

Only second guessing but I assume the 3 year contract we gave him will cover what he had left with you guys.

I'm glad it was done quickly without posturing in the media, much like Broughton going your way.

Great get. On the cheap. Reward heavily outways the risk. His problems have been strongly over played at Gold Coast, likes his illicit drugs every now and again like half the afl players. Just because he comes as an indigenous player and this beat up of a GCFC culture problems means its been way overplayed for article hits.

Just with this trade it seems freo wouldve given up on McCarthy now for this year.

I was excited until the club did their research on bennell and pulled out. Once that happened i was happy to see him go elsewhere.
iraqhqdefault.jpg

blair hartley list manager did a lot of background work on bennel, didn't like what they found and subsequently pulled out of the race.

Well I'm sure every list manager did that, now what did you find ?

You keep repeating that Richmond found the smoking gun and pulled out of the race, like its a win for you guys. Yet you are acting offended because he signed with Freo

I heard his manager pulled him out of the medical because they were going to piss test him after an all nighter with Dusty. That's entrapment right there ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back