Werewolf HARRY POTTER WEREWOLF II - The Half Back Prince

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like always, an evil role requested a modkill in the thread. Please keep this in mind in future games people, villagers NEVER request modkills.
I would 100% request modkills as a villager.

It's not fair that someone signs up to the game and then lynch votes one out of every 2-3 days. It's bullshit. If you're not going to be involved then * off.

More like 15 pages were asking SM and I for extra kills/requests. :p
Yeah The Filth Wizard - I wanted you mod-killed for coercing Tandy or whoever it was into posting a screenshot to commit suicide.

I knew they wouldn't which is fair but I really didn't like this aspect of the game. Definitely had a bitter end to it with all of these screenshots.

Yeah The Filth Wizard - I wanted you mod-killed for coercing Tandy or whoever it was into posting a screenshot to commit suicide.

I knew they wouldn't which is fair but I really didn't like this aspect of the game. Definitely had a bitter end to it with all of these screenshots.
Wasn't the screenshot suicide/modkill trend started by evil in the first place? :p

Here's a spreadsheet i made and was working off all week.

I made notes on every player and had kept this in our PM (a lot have notes have since been deleted but you get the idea).

PS: I knew The Filth Wizard if you seered a good you'd just say "Student" - it just made sense haha.

Just like always, an evil role requested a modkill in the thread. Please keep this in mind in future games people, villagers NEVER request modkills.
Chappyuk did last time. So did boncer34. They were both village-aligned.

Here's a spreadsheet i made and was working off all week.

I made notes on every player and had kept this in our PM (a lot have notes have since been deleted but you get the idea).

PS: I knew The Filth Wizard if you seered a good you'd just say "Student" - it just made sense haha.

Aww I wish your theory about raskolnikov being Remus had ended up being correct . I think I even joked about it on the first morning before I died.

He was in the flogs PM with me.
Also because he's my (in game) lover.
Right, ok. Interesting. OP said three flogs so I just assumed that's how it was. I'm reading through SM's thoughts in the Dead PM and I'm very quickly learning ways to address this issue.

MWPP, consider the timing of the phases like this - in a peaceful village, everyone gets along and works together. You don't have any reason to lynch people. The premise of the game is that evil infiltrates the village and murders people. From there, the village bands together to try and stop evil. Evil actions must precede lynches, regardless of whether they occur during the day or night phase.

It's quite simple.

Night 1
Only evil kills/actions - that's it.

Day 1
Town awakens, people point fingers and those with roles use this day as a starting point.

Night 2
It all happens normally.

Regarding the roles, way too complicated and way too in favour of good. The fact a second evil faction couldn't even kill was pathetic! Also, the worm reached Day 4 and that should have given them a right to kill - DERO, I was on your side in our Death Eaters PM. I disagreed that because the worm had dies on Day 4, they "lost their kill". They should have kept their kill until the last monster died because the worm surviving until Day 4 was their target and they achieved it.

Only people with roles do
Yes, well done.
Ok this is true, but does this really happen every game?
Maybe not, but it still gives the village something to go off the next day for the lynch and tells the village something.
Conversely a night start just helps evil/those with roles . A day start would give people a chance to claim, figure out who's voting for who, and let everyone who signs up actually participate.
Evil generally does need help. These games are often very much in the favour of the village.

Look, MWPP, this is about your third werewolf game or something right?
Take it from the multiple people who have played werewolf here for years now. Day phase starts are just not the way to go.

To call us "whingers" as you and dogs have here and in the dead PM is complete ignorance of the fact that we all have reasons for having this belief.

It's quite simple.

Night 1

Day 1
Town awakens, people point fingers and those with roles use this day as a starting point.

Night 2
It all happens normally.

Regarding the roles, way too complicated and way too in favour of good. The fact a second evil faction couldn't even kill was pathetic! Also, the worm reached Day 4 and that should have given them a right to kill - DERO, I was on your side in our Death Eaters PM. I disagreed that because the worm had dies on Day 4, they "lost their kill". They should have kept their kill until the last monster died because the worm surviving until Day 4 was their target and they achieved it.
IT MAKES NO SENSE WHY A VIGILANTE IS OUT LOOKING TO KILL AT NIGHT BEFORE THE MAFIA/WOLVES ARE EVEN IN TOWN

Right, ok. Interesting. OP said three flogs so I just assumed that's how it was. I'm reading through SM's thoughts in the Dead PM and I'm very quickly learning ways to address this issue
There were actually 5 of us to start, super confusing given the OP.

Night 1

Day 1

Night 2
It all happens normally.
I've never played this way and this makes perfect sense. Definitely taking this on board for my game(s).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, well done.

Maybe not, but it still gives the village something to go off the next day for the lynch and tells the village something.

Evil generally does need help. These games are often very much in the favour of the village.

Look, MWPP, this is about your third werewolf game or something right?
Take it from the multiple people who have played werewolf here for years now. Day phase starts are just not the way to go.

To call us "whingers" as you and dogs have here and in the dead PM is complete ignorance of the fact that we all have reasons for having this belief.
As opposed to the first night being based on nothing, with the victims having no right of reply (unlike in a lynch)
Yes it's only my 6th game (and only 2 of those have resulted in me surviving beyond about night 2)
But dogs is a long-term player isn't he? Why isn't his opinion being respected? I thought one of the most sacred rules of werewolf was akin to the SC ie the host's decision is final. He used the term whingers before I did, and I just so happened to agree with him. I'm not saying that every game should start with a day phase ,just that it would've been great for this game, or once in a while.

MWPP, consider the timing of the phases like this - in a peaceful village, everyone gets along and works together. You don't have any reason to lynch people. The premise of the game is that evil infiltrates the village and murders people. From there, the village bands together to try and stop evil. Evil actions must precede lynches, regardless of whether they occur during the day or night phase.
This, on the other hand, is the best argument I've seen in support for the traditional night start
Have day starts been tried in previous games and were they flops?

There were actually 5 of us to start, super confusing given the OP.
Yeah, I'm curious to see how THB/ND run theirs because after the mind*ery of this game I'm all for keeping things hidden. You know there are wolves, you know there's a mafia, you know there's an SK, vig, seer, doc... other than that, you know s**t! No quantities, no wildcards. Literally, you have to rely on your knowledge of the game to figure these things out (ratios, common roles/abilities, etc.). I loved the fact Nunez and DC were able to fake reveal successfully and Spook tried but overplayed his hand. I want to see more deception, problem solving and teamwork.

This, on the other hand, is the best argument I've seen in support for the traditional night start
Well werewolves don't normally walk through town during the day.

Why the * would a village lynch someone if there's no evidence of evil being in the town?

Yeah, I'm curious to see how THB/ND run theirs because after the mind******y of this game I'm all for keeping things hidden. You know there are wolves, you know there's a mafia, you know there's an SK, vig, seer, doc... other than that, you know s**t! No quantities, no wildcards. Literally, you have to rely on your knowledge of the game to figure these things out (ratios, common roles/abilities, etc.). I loved the fact Nunez and DC were able to fake reveal successfully and Spook tried but overplayed his hand. I want to see more deception, problem solving and teamwork.
Spook's hand was overplayed by me. My fault - we had to try something though.

I haven't seen a day start in my short history. After articulating it the way I just did I can't imagine ever starting with a day phase again. I love Clarkey's idea too. It makes an incredible amount of sense. The way we play is akin to having the police, ambos and fireys on hand before a car crash even occurs. It's ridiculous and yet its very easy to miss.

Well werewolves don't normally walk through town during the day.
Mafia do.....
Werewolves assume human forms, and unless we're talking about twisted ones Fenrir Greybrack, don't attack when it isn't full moon anyway .

Why the **** would a village lynch someone if there's no evidence of evil being in the town?
The evidence is in the OP (unless it's a hidden game - but even then.....)

As opposed to the first night being based on nothing, with the victims having no right of reply (unlike in a lynch)
Yes it's only my 6th game (and only 2 of those have resulted in me surviving beyond about night 2)
But dogs is a long-term player isn't he? Why isn't his opinion being respected? I thought one of the most sacred rules of werewolf was akin to the SC ie the host's decision is final. He used the term whingers before I did, and I just so happened to agree with him. I'm not saying that every game should start with a day phase ,just that it would've been great for this game, or once in a while.

He could have started with a day phase if he wanted to.. no one was holding a gun to his head. And why would it have been great just for this game but not others?

Would you be arguing this if you weren’t killed n1?

He could have started with a day phase if he wanted to.. no one was holding a gun to his head. And why would it have been great just for this game but not others?
Like SM said in the Dead pm- it would've given people the opportunity to claim, figure out the roles etc

Would you be arguing this if you weren’t killed n1?
As I was arguing for it before I was even killed/before the roles were allocated- yes.

FWIW, I bought in and Filthy was the one that said that it sounded way overpowered for a wildcard
It was. We had a reason but forgot it.

Mafia do.....
Werewolves assume human forms, and unless we're talking about twisted ones Fenrir Greybrack, don't attack when it isn't full moon anyway .

The evidence is in the OP (unless it's a hidden game - but even then.....)
Day-start makes absolutely no sense. This isn't the tradition of werewolf.

We take on "characters" in the game - the op is just a guide for the characters to play it out.

Werewolf games have to start with a night phase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back