Werewolf HARRY POTTER WEREWOLF II - The Half Back Prince

Remove this Banner Ad

Like SM said in the Dead pm- it would've given people the opportunity to claim, figure out the roles etc

As I was arguing for it before I was even killed/before the roles were allocated- yes.
Horrible idea.

I haven't seen a day start in my short history. After articulating it the way I just did I can't imagine ever starting with a day phase again. I love Clarkey's idea too. It makes an incredible amount of sense. The way we play is akin to having the police, ambos and fireys on hand before a car crash even occurs. It's ridiculous and yet its very easy to miss.
The bolded bits are confusing me. If you haven't seen one, why would it be a matter of starting with a day phase again?
Also if it hasn't been tried, isn't it worth a try?
I rate you as the equal best player, so if it really is a short history, then that's amazing

I just thought with Clarke’s idea that the Vig doesn’t kill until night 2.. maybe make the Vig immune night one as they wouldn’t be in town yet?
Yeah that's fair - OR, only some good roles are assigned N1 and the rest are assigned N2 to guarantee there's a Vig to save the village N2?

As opposed to the first night being based on nothing, with the victims having no right of reply (unlike in a lynch)
Yes it's only my 6th game (and only 2 of those have resulted in me surviving beyond about night 2)
But dogs is a long-term player isn't he? Why isn't his opinion being respected? I thought one of the most sacred rules of werewolf was akin to the SC ie the host's decision is final. He used the term whingers before I did, and I just so happened to agree with him. I'm not saying that every game should start with a day phase ,just that it would've been great for this game, or once in a while.
Did you see how the game got hosted? Long term player or not, dogs' argument might not be the best one to support.
The first night is largely for evil to get a bit of an upper hand. I like Clarke's idea of only evil getting actions night 1.
Well werewolves don't normally walk through town during the day.

Why the **** would a village lynch someone if there's no evidence of evil being in the town?
Great point.

The bolded bits are confusing me. If you haven't seen one, why would it be a matter of starting with a day phase again?
I rate you as the equal best player, so if it really is a short history, then that's amazing
Because people in this thread are clearly talking from experience.

I just thought with Clarke’s idea that the Vig doesn’t kill until night 2.. maybe make the Vig immune night one as they wouldn’t be in town yet?
Yeah, that would be the catch I think. You couldn't exactly make the vig/doc/seer night immune N1 or it would be kinda obvious who they are if evil tries to kill them. Perhaps evil roles are dished out at the start and the good roles are dished out D1.

How would this normally work ClarkeM?

Did you see how the game got hosted? Long term player or not, dogs' argument might not be the best one to support.
The first night is largely for evil to get a bit of an upper hand. I like Clarke's idea of only evil getting actions night 1.
Harsh but probably true. It's an interesting idea and worth a trial, but it would be even more frustrating than usual playing under those rules as a powerless villager.

Great point.
Not really. I replied to it above
Barrybran made a great point in support of night starts earlier though

How would you start a day phase? Keep in mind what I said about peaceful village, etc.

Yeah, that would be the catch I think. You couldn't exactly make the vig/doc/seer night immune N1 or it would be kinda obvious who they are if evil tries to kill them. Perhaps evil roles are dished out at the start and the good roles are dished out D1.

How would this normally work ClarkeM?
To a degree.

I honestly think in evil's favour if they hit the Vig night 1 then ******* best of luck to them. It's a stab in the dark and we're playing a game. Why not?

Good game Clarke. Too bad the shoot function didn't work.

Good job Barry and filth. Mission accomplished.
It worked really well. Unfortunately I'm never allowed back at Hogwarts.

I honestly think in evil's favour if they hit the Vig night 1 then ******* best of luck to them. It's a stab in the dark and we're playing a game. Why not?
Not to overcomplicate the game, I think your premise of "why would there be a vigilante if there's noone to shoot?" makes a lot of sense. Almost seems like there should be evil kills before these roles are dished out. "Hey, these *ers are killing in my town. I'm going to bust a cap" and off they go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game Clarke. Too bad the shoot function didn't work.

Good job Barry and filth. Mission accomplished.
I got so scared when you did that. I posted in the PM:

Me - "Please tell me IBB can't just kill be like that. Man that's a deflation, I wanted to get killed overnight."
SM - ":D I'm just having a bit of fun. Don't worry."
Me - "Haha good, I had this scary suspicion that he could "shoot" one person at any point in the game hahahaha"
Me - "I'd rather the village wins than the other evil and in doing so, I'd rather be responsible for taking down the evil faction all by myself. :D"

Also DERO, here's what I said in favour of you mate - "I disagree SM, they should be allowed to kill - If the flobberworm survives until day 4 it is magically transfigured into a Blast-ended Skrewt, giving the monsters an extra kill each night.

It's day 4 and the worm is actually the Blast-ended skrewt giving the monsters an extra kill each night. It doesn't say the monsters lose their kill when he dies. Agree to disagree but in fairness to them, they should have the right to use their power for achieving their mission."

Because people in this thread are clearly talking from experience.
Are they/you? Only Barrybran replied to my *have you played in a day start game and was it a flop* question? (and he said he hadn't)
If you have- please enlighten me .

Are they/you? Only Barrybran replied to my *have you played in a day start game and was it a flop* question? (and he said he hadn't)
If you have- please enlighten me .
Yes, I have. As have others.
I don't remember specifics as this was my first game in over a year, and that game was my first in over a year also.

It worked really well. Unfortunately I'm never allowed back at Hogwarts.

Not to overcomplicate the game, I think your premise of "why would there be a vigilante if there's noone to shoot?" makes a lot of sense. Almost seems like there should be evil kills before these roles are dished out. "Hey, these ******s are killing in my town. I'm going to bust a cap" and off they go.
But then Evil only kill villagers which I know isn't a "bad thing" but Evil will then just kill the two more prominently known people in town for the sake of it. I would just kill TFW and Boncer for example every time and they'd be villagers and that's it. Evil don't get any satisfaction out of it and they lose their chance at killing the Vig who's asleep with their partner in the middle of the night with the gun next to his bed, waiting for the call to act by the village the following day.

I have an early morning start and it's outside in the sun. Ask me questions now and I'll answer them tomorrow?

Let's co-mod a game in January?

But then Evil only kill villagers which I know isn't a "bad thing" but Evil will then just kill the two more prominently known people in town for the sake of it. I would just kill TFW and Boncer for example every time and they'd be villagers and that's it. Evil don't get any satisfaction out of it and they lose their chance at killing the Vig who's asleep with their partner in the middle of the night with the gun next to his bed, waiting for the call to act by the village the following day.

I have an early morning start and it's outside in the sun. Ask me questions now and I'll answer them tomorrow?

Let's co-mod a game in January?
For sure, I should be getting to bed too but I'm ******* addicted to this s**t.

How would you start a day phase? Keep in mind what I said about peaceful village, etc.
Potentially allow evil a day /shotgun style kill. But honestly, I'd be happy to just start it as normal and to do away with the story side of things, at least once in a while. I'm interested to see how the game/s that Loonerty is citing started.

So is Loonerty the only one who is speaking from experience re: day starts?
If you recall the theme or host, will try and find the thread
We play these games weekly. Even if you factor in breaks there's still 30+ games per year. Noone is going to remember that kind of detail I'm afraid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back