Hawks and Travel

Remove this Banner Ad

TIME IS NOW

Team Captain
Suspended
Jul 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok many are going on about form etc etc.

They havent won on the road this year. Not talking about Tas as thats their home game.

Lost to WCE at Subi in what i recall was an insipid display but was there last loss before they started there run of 7 wins.

Lost to Port at AAMI

Got smashed by Swans at SCG

If our young players can get over any sort of nerves then we will smash them. Last week was a finals type game and i think more pressure on club after they rested 7 players.

They have no had no travel for 2 weeks and many 3 weeks. They have had a good hit out. We also have an actual squad to choose from and dont have to rely on fringe players to step up, in fact some will now be unlucky to play.

Hawks with no rucks and we should dominate clearances. If we can break level on possession we win in a canter.

If we are at worst case close at quarter time we will do what we did against Carlton and just dominate.

They've only played 3 away games interstate all year?

Fcuk me, even Collingwood don't get that luxury.....

Yep. Hawks games this year:

MCG - 12 Games
Etihad- 3 Games

Out of Melbourne
Aurora - 4 Games (all technically home games)*
AAMI - 1 Game
Subiaco - 1 Game
SCG - 1 Game

Imagine how much easier for our players it would be if we played 15 games in Perth and another 4 in say Albany ... :eek:

Yep, the AFL has a fair and even comp running :rolleyes:

* also note that two of the teams sent to Tassie were us and Brisbane, the two furthest teams, the others were Nth Melb and Adelaide. The AFL fixture is a biased joke.

Edit: BTW, still not as easy as Collingwood's ... 14 games at MCG (including last 7 rounds straight) & 4 at Etihad. Yep, they literally left the state 4 times this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back