Hawthorn Trading & Drafting 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this year after the Lids 30 y 5 m (current age) and Griffen 31y2m experience has spelled out loud and clear to GWS that players about to turn 30 is not the way for them to go. So Puopolo at 29 yrs 9 months is not going to be trade bait to gain anything much worthwhile. Steak knives at best..

Morseo as GWS no longer are getting vast numbers of early picks that they can offload and so their overly generous trading off of players will most likely have no ceased. This draft due to a penalty they do not even have a first rounder.
A poster with very good mail says Pop to GWS was done in July. We wait and see.

A poster with very good mail says Pop to GWS was done in July. We wait and see.
Is that the same poster who said Fyfe was a done deal?

I don't think any club or player can do a deal in July. In the real world, only a signature is a guarantee and considering the rules don't allow for signatures till the trade period, I highly doubt it.

Why would you shut down your options before you see how you finish, who else performs, how the players body holds out etc?

Is that the same poster who said Fyfe was a done deal?

I don't think any club or player can do a deal in July. In the real world, only a signature is a guarantee and considering the rules don't allow for signatures till the trade period, I highly doubt it.

Why would you shut down your options before you see how you finish, who else performs, how the players body holds out etc?
It was the same guy who said Whitfield had signed an extension days before it was reported.

Of course things can change, but if you don't think clubs and players are eyeing trade week off months out that's fine.

We've seen chippy Hawks supporters spruicking up left right and centre on every big name player thread stating how good they are at getting deals done and they're a destination club yada yada and so on...

Anyway, I'd love to hear from Hawks supporters on your expectations this trading and drafting period. Who do you expect the club to GET DEALS done for. What's a pass mark? How can is other Big Footy lurkers judge your club?

Fire away (and please refrain on talking how irrelevant the Freo Footy club is, we already know. Please stick to the topic at hand, which is your club).
I expect no less than trading some spud for Freo's first pick.

Why does this thread exist anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Low key, I think Hawthorn will do quiet well picking up the 16-30 rated players for their next tilt this trade period (i'm thinking the likes of Impey, Balic) and top up again with the A grade talent next trade period.

I feel sorry for ABASI.

He started by saying Hawthorn would get Fyfe.

Then it was Martin.

Then it was Kelly.

Then it was Rockliff.

Then it was Kennedy.

Finally he got his big fish in Impey!
I feel sorry for you. Full stop.

That you are trolled so easily, without even having to post those sorts of hooks outside the Hawthorn board is just an added bonus.

So tell me once again about Hawthorns grand plans?

Win finals.
Develop Brownlow medalists.
Not draw the wrath of drug agencies.

You know, the usual things.

Apparently Clarko has a clause which requires him to make it to Prelims in 2018 and 2019 to trigger another year. Will be fun seeing that unfold.

The difference is you didn't make finals. You are no longer a destination club. You're on track for North 2007 to 2017.

Cats at least have a crack for a couple of years. It's easy to attract players when you win and when you don't make finals, you are cooked.

And if the better coach can't get you to win?

Winning is why destination clubs exist and it's a cycle. You're at 2 o'clock and trying to wind back time.

Like who? Like Kennedy the blue?

Gee.....gone a bit quiet hey.

Geelong have been linked to everyone this year, but it appears their ability to attract players this year is equivalent to North.
Significant Geelong targets this year:

Hopper - nah, I would rather stay at GWS thanks
Devon Smith - computer says Bummers
Stringer - Paddy and Joel must be outstanding leaders if he chooses the Bummers over your club.
Might have to resort to overpaying for a 34 year old injury prone favourite ☀️

If being a destination club is a reflection of player perceptions of future success, then I wouldn't be shooting my mouth off if I was you.

Gee.....gone a bit quiet hey.

Geelong have been linked to everyone this year, but it appears their ability to attract players this year is equivalent to North.
Significant Geelong targets this year:

Hopper - nah, I would rather stay at GWS thanks
Devon Smith - computer says Bummers
Stringer - Paddy and Joel must be outstanding leaders if he chooses the Bummers over your club.
Might have to resort to overpaying for a 34 year old injury prone favourite ☀️

If being a destination club is a reflection of player perceptions of future success, then I wouldn't be shooting my mouth off if I was you.
The best bit is they’ll end up with Sam Lloyd and Jack Watts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back