Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 20/06/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Whomst dost thou thinketh will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Zaharakis (injured), McGrath (injured)
In: Draper, Snelling (3 weeks is enough for a broken thumb)

Why not play 2 genuine rucks? Phillips hasn't done much wrong in recent weeks, so dropping him just for the sake of it makes no sense. Hawthorn will have McEvoy and Ceglar in tandem so playing 2 genuine rucks makes a lot of sense.
Wright comes back in too. Draper and Wright are a good mix. You're right though, Flip has done his job well.

I believe that clause is they are allowed 1 training session (not including the recovery the next day) that week. Some clubs do a mid week one, some do a weekend one. Though that may not be the case, the 2017 pdf doesn't have anything referring to it.
It depends what days off the club give them. Some have their break directly after the game, like essendon are. Some train for a couple of days then have 4-5 days off over the weekend.

I agree it is sink or swim time for bzt, but at the same time I’d give him a 1 year extension anyway. He’s good depth to have, you take him off the list and we don’t have many options down there if injuries hit.
They have question marks on his disposal. Only reason he has played is Reid has had injury/ illness issues.

His speed is a worry for me, how do you see him in that regard?
Not fast. Is an issue but not as much as his decision making under pressure.

McGrath out hurts we looked set to get most of our best 22 back until his injury.

My best 22/for us is:

FB: Ridley - Stewart - Redman
HB: Heppell - Laverde - Hind
C: Cox - Parish - Langford
R: Draper - Merrett - Shiel
HF: Snelling - Jones - Smith
FF: Tippa - Hooker - Stringer
IC: McGrath - Francis - Wright - Caldwell

Sub: Perkins

Over the next two rounds you’d expect: Smith, Draper, Wright, Snelling leaving only Shiel and Caldwell as our only significant outs until McGrath’s season ending injury.

Obviously 3 injuries to your best 22 isn’t a lot but when they’re all mids it really hurts.

McGrath out hurts we looked set to get most of our best 22 back until his injury.

My best 22/for us is:

FB: Ridley - Stewart - Redman
HB: Heppell - Laverde - Hind
C: Cox - Parish - Langford
R: Draper - Merrett - Shiel
HF: Snelling - Jones - Smith
FF: Tippa - Hooker - Stringer
IC: McGrath - Francis - Wright - Caldwell

Sub: Perkins

Over the next two rounds you’d expect: Smith, Draper, Wright, Snelling leaving only Shiel and Caldwell as our only significant outs until McGrath’s season ending injury.

Obviously 3 injuries to your best 22 isn’t a lot but when they’re all mids it really hurts.

Good looking team, changes I’d make is McGrath on the ground, Shiel to the wing, Langford to Half forward, Perkins onto the bench and Smith as the Sub.

Good looking team, changes I’d make is McGrath on the ground, Shiel to the wing, Langford to Half forward, Perkins onto the bench and Smith as the Sub.
Shiel is a top 10 centre clearance player in the league. He starts in the middle.

Agree RE Smith but Shiel’s best ability is his inside work especially at centre bounces so he definitely needs to stay in the 4 way midfield rotation off the bench imo.

Shiel is a top 10 centre clearance player in the league. He starts in the middle.

Shiel, Parish & Merrett is our best center square lineup for sure, but I think after the center bounce Shiel moves to a wing. He did a bit of wing work at GWS and was good there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel, Parish & Merrett is our best center square lineup for sure, but I think after the center bounce Shiel moves to a wing. He did a bit of wing work at GWS and was good there.
Nah. His best use is at the contest. Langford, Cox and Merrett are all better used on a wing

Think we just role a 4 way rotation. Our mids only play around 80% game time and so the bench mid (McGrath in my team) will at least 60% time on ball.

I like McGrath in this role because he’s just a natural footballer who can play anywhere when not playing as a mid.

I wonder when people realise to have "the really deep midfield the dogs have" we'll need most of them to spend time forward too.

I wonder when people realise to have "the really deep midfield the dogs have" we'll need most of them to spend time forward too.

I don’t really think we have those sorts of players who are worth testing forward.

When the dogs didn’t have injuries;

- Bont and Dunkley rotated forward.

- Macrae and Trealor spent time on a wing.

- Smith played full time wing.

I don’t really think we have those sorts of players who are worth testing forward.

When the dogs didn’t have injuries;

- Bont and Dunkley rotated forward.

- Macrae and Trealor spent time on a wing.

- Smith played full time wing.
Treloar and Smith both spent a decent amount of time forward. Lipinski basically played wing the entire time.

Think we just role a 4 way rotation. Our mids only play around 80% game time and so the bench mid (McGrath in my team) will at least 60% time on ball.

I like McGrath in this role because he’s just a natural footballer who can play anywhere when not playing as a mid.
With the way injuries smack us around you'll probably have a 3 way rotation anyway ha.

On the topic of this particular upcoming game we're looking like a rotation of two playing most of their time on-ball and a bunch of floaters in the third spot.

With the way injuries smack us around you'll probably have a 3 way rotation anyway ha.

On the topic of this particular upcoming game we're looking like a rotation of two playing most of their time on-ball and a bunch of floaters in the third spot.

Based on what we’ve seen from the previous two games I’d expect to have Langford as our 3rd mid.

If he’s back from injury I wouldn’t mind giving Snelling a look in at that role as well.

Hind jumped in for a few CBA’s, might be something the look at a little more if he can use his speed there a bit.

The talk of this being in Tassie has completely died down. Wonder where it's gonna be?
Depends on the restrictions in Victoria really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back