Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 20/06/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Whomst dost thou thinketh will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Peter Gutwein said he would be open to games being hubbed here if need be too. It would be awesome to see a game at North Hobart, Burnie Park or KG5!

No chance they play games at North Hobart, KGV or West Park when York Park and Bellerive are there.

Agree RE Smith but Shiel’s best ability is his inside work especially at centre bounces so he definitely needs to stay in the 4 way midfield rotation off the bench imo.

His clearance work is good but we didn’t have Parish in there who has now become the best clearance player in the league, Shiel’s performance had dropped off last season and I think a move to the wing may rejuvenate him.
Parish, Merrett, Mcgrath, Caldwell, Langford and Stringer can attend the CB’s.

Merrett should be in there purely because of the connection him and parish seem to have. He’s always in the right spot to receive and deliver inside 50.
I think Merrett is one where we can use him as both. It depends where it starts.

Starting to think as good as Phillips has been we will drop him and bring back both Draper & 2MP. I'd like to see Zerk back also I think he's good for us structurally, so we might play taller than normal. Think we might see;-

OUT: Phillips, Jones, Zakka, McGrath
IN: Draper 2MP, Ambrose, Zerk

Team:

Laverde Stewart Ridley
Heppell Zerk Hind
Ham Parish Cox
Tippa Ambrose Perkins
Stringer Hooker Waterman

Draper Langford Merrett

Bench: Redman Guelfi Francis 2MP
SUB: Jones

What are the chances we get this game @ the g with a crowd?
Possible. Greater Melbourne will probably go to regional Vic's current restrictions from next week, which are 1 person per 4 square metres and;

EntertainmentIndoor (seated and non-seated) entertainment facility and seated outdoor entertainment facility, including a theatre, cinema, music hall, concert hall, auditorium, gallery, museum, the State Library, arena or stadium, animal facility (i.e. aquarium), or convention centre.Venue maximum:
50 patrons
Indoor seated space:
25 per cent seated capacity up to venue maximum
Outdoor seated space:
50 per cent seated capacity up to venue maximum
Indoor non-seated space:
Closed
Outdoor non-seated space:
Density quotient of one person per four square metres applies to patrons
Note:
  • Maximum group size of 10 patrons
  • Patrons must not enter an indoor non-seated space, except to access a food and drink facility, an outdoor space, toilets, or to pass through to access a seated space.
  • Exception applies for exclusive use by a single school
  • Victorian Government QR Code Service mandatory.

If that goes for a week, we could see the numbers raised again just in time for this game. But not sure by how much... see what restrictions Regional Vic gets from midnight tomorrow, I guess.

Surely Reid comes in?

Apparently was supposed to be back into full training 2 weeks ago, and with it being 2 weeks later + the bye, I would assume he will be free to play a part.
I'd say Reid in for Stewart tbh.

I wouldn't mind seeing Reid come in - but he hasn't played for 2 months so I think it will be via reserves so for now Stewart stays. For me the priority is to get Draper and 2MP into the side and give Ambrose a full game to see where he is at. I'd like to see;-

OUT: Phillips, Jones, McGrath, Zakka
IN: Draper, 2MP, Smith, Ambrose

Laverde Stewart Redman
Ridley Francis Hind
Heppell Parish Cox
Tippa Waterman Perkins
Stringer Hooker Ambrose

Draper Langford Merrett

Ham Guelfi Smith 2MP
SUB: Jones

Surely Reid comes in?

Apparently was supposed to be back into full training 2 weeks ago, and with it being 2 weeks later + the bye, I would assume he will be free to play a part.

I'd say Reid in for Stewart tbh.

I don't see any particular reason they'd drop Stewart. They've clearly shown a propensity to back the young guys at selection, and the guys in new roles, for the sake of the long term. Stewart has been OK to decent, with Dreamtime probably the worst game he's played. Reid also simply can't play on the players Stewart can right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played a practice match against Carlton at the start of 94 from memory too.

The last time for premiership points though was 92 against Fitzroy, we won by 3 points.
LOL turns out I was at that game, my mother said I was sitting on the concrete part of the race the players run out.
She said Longy gave me a high five. Too young to remember it!
She said I didn't have a team until this game, so if Fitzroy won I might have not gone for Essendon.

LOL turns out I was at that game, my mother said I was sitting on the concrete part of the race the players run out.
She said Longy gave me a high five. Too young to remember it!
She said I didn't have a team until this game, so if Fitzroy won I might have not gone for Essendon.
So up until then, those teams were bi-popular for you? sorry.

In: Draper, P.Wright, Dev Smith, Ned Cahill
Out: Phillips, Harry Jones (Rest), Mcgrath (Inj), Zaharakis (Inj/Omitted)

Assume Snelling* isnt ready

Sub: Not Ambrose

In: Draper, P.Wright, Dev Smith, Ned Cahill
Out: Phillips, Harry Jones (Rest), Mcgrath (Inj), Zaharakis (Inj/Omitted)

Assume Snelling* isnt ready

Sub: Not Ambrose
Why does Jones need a rest off a bye?

Was pretty ordinary last week

P.Wright required in the side to ruck over him and Stringer/Hooker aint getting touched

We've already seen a forwardline with Hooker - Stringer - Jones - Wright I think?

He's one of our hardest working forwards for covering the ground, makes limited sense to drop him when what he needs is continuity at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back