Toast How can this Sydney side be stopped

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, we played like absolute s**t against them a few weeks back, kept them to 11 goals on their home deck in good conditions, obviously their pressure had an impact on how s**t we played but I reckon we learnt a bit from that game and I reckon we ran the game out better, we coughed up a few goals in the last by throwing caution to the wind, they were clearly the better team on the day but 4 goals isn’t a flogging by any means, Swans would rightly start favourites if we meet again but I wouldn’t completely write us off.

I just got back from the game. We played like trash and Sydney kept at it but the umps kicked them 5 goals and the buddy flop really changed the momentum and brought Sydney back into the game. Surely in a grand final they let this stuff go.
Umpires played no part in the result, May must be the dumbest son of a bitch alive, Buddy sucked him right in.

Callum Mills was so good tonight; impeccable stuff.

Can't see them missing the GF from here.

sucked him in? They both bumped each other. Buddy was rewarded for diving. Even the elbow into the back wasn't there. That doesn't get paid in any other final this weekend.
So you’re saying May isn’t the dumbest son of a bitch alive?

Well I don't know how dumb you can be when you're the best defender in the league by a country mile. Added another victim to his long list tonight and absolutely torched Franklin.
And gave up 2 goals from 50s? Or was it one?

Also, pretty sure it was 2.
Really? when was the other one? Initially it was a free kick to Franklin, and then a 50m after Franklin flopped. So 1 50m. I thought there was only 1 other 50m which was when Pickett ran 4.99m to the Sydney player resulting in another goal. When was the 2nd May 50m?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? when was the other one? Initially it was a free kick to Franklin, and then a 50m after Franklin flopped. So 1 50m. I thought there was only 1 other 50m which was when Pickett ran 4.99m to the Sydney player resulting in another goal. When was the 2nd May 50m?
Wasn’t there one like 5 minutes before the second one? I was only casually watching so not sure.

Wasn’t there one like 5 minutes before the second one? I was only casually watching so not sure.
I was at the game but I don't think there was. not that it mattered. The 1 50m was more than enough. We were 16 points up at that stage. The ball was in our forward line. And it results in a goal. We never recovered from it. The Harmes 50m was just about the only one that I think was there.

I was at the game but I don't think there was. not that it mattered. The 1 50m was more than enough. We were 16 points up at that stage. The ball was in our forward line. And it results in a goal. We never recovered from it. The Harmes 50m was just about the only one that I think was there.
Kosi gave one up too I think.

Kosi gave one up too I think.
Yeah. another incorrect decision for mine that resulted in a goal. He looked pretty close to 5m away to the naked eye? Just shows how much the umps wanted to put their footprint on the game and they did just that. Yeah, im biased as hell but I honestly walked away from the game thinking we gifted the swans about 5 goals from unforced errors and the umps kicked them 3 goals (the buddy flop, the kozzie 4.99m from the Sydney player as well as the horrendous decision against sparrow that resulted in Sydneys first goal).

Yeah. another incorrect decision for mine that resulted in a goal. He looked pretty close to 5m away to the naked eye? Just shows how much the umps wanted to put their footprint on the game and they did just that. Yeah, im biased as hell but I honestly walked away from the game thinking we gifted the swans about 5 goals from unforced errors and the umps kicked them 3 goals (the buddy flop, the kozzie 4.99m from the Sydney player as well as the horrendous decision against sparrow that resulted in Sydneys first goal).
I didn’t actually see the incident, just saw the umpire running back with a close up of Kosi.

The Swans have quietly been building for a few years now, and even this year they've just kept getting better while more attention has been focused on others.

I've said before in their premiership years 05 and 12 there were other teams going into September who were seen as the favourites but the Swans came home over the top of them. 22 could end up just like that.

I'd tip them if the big dance ends up being them against Geelong.

Umps sucked tonight but both ways.

They were very bloody whistle happy.

The Swans have quietly been building for a few years now, and even this year they've just kept getting better while more attention has been focused on others.

I've said before in their premiership years 05 and 12 there were other teams going into September who were seen as the favourites but the Swans came home over the top of them. 22 could end up just like that.

I'd tip them if the big dance ends up being them against Geelong.
They have no real weaknesses, stars on every line, mature and experienced, extremely well coached with a healthy list, kissed on the dick with their academy too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back