How does Labor win the next federal election/elections to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

No, policies everyone hates was what lost it last time

That and thinking in 2019 you can get away with telling the greens in Melbourne one thing and the complete opposite to miners in QLD and no one would be aware…
Agree with your second part but the first part is false. Labor’s policies were very popular across the board, just not in key seats particularly in Qld.

And the really big factor you’ve ignored was that Labor didn’t have Clive Palmer running $60 mil worth of ads against their opponent.

Bear in mind the article I quoted does include data. So the data you question is not mine. And is very unlikely to be incorrect.

Yes, I'm semi retired nowadays but my kids are building their lives with every one of the issues everyone faces.
They know the ball is in their court.
Pulling together a deposit has always been difficult, its means making lifestyle decisions. Living within your means is as relevant today as it has ever been. When you have saved (in any form) you'd have more after 20 years than 10, its as plain on the nose on your face, you've earned more.
Getting on the bottom step of the property market is the most difficult.

As for the politics, my kids were taught to think for themselves, encouraged to consider both sides because a dud is a dud, no matter what party they represent. I'm glad to say they vote on the issues of the day.

I'm in favour of being able to access Super as a deposit to help people stretch the deposit gap - its your money, taken from your wages though you have not seen it, but your employer has paid it.

You're simply out of touch, and although it might not feel like it since you have financial security as a legacy from different times, the world has very much passed you by.

Again, any state of Palestine created in the foreseeable future will be a corrupt authoritarian shithole. No doubt by supporting such an endeavour, the left are trying to confuse people?
Again, whatever your opinions on Israel/Palestine, if you're grasping for them to make a point in domestic Australian politics, you've lost the debate.

On the topic about Perrottet as NSW Premier, one thing I find bizarre and even frankly a bit amusing is how easily triggered many on the left are by the concept of a religious political leader. I hate using the term "triggered" with its Trumpist overtones, but it does seem accurate in this instance, as I am referring to a particularly instinctual aversive psychological reaction. This is seen often in discussions about Scott Morrison - it doesn't take long for many left-wingers to bring up the fact he belongs to a wacky, happy-clappy denomination. I mean, yes, I personally do look askance at the style of worship Morrison's church engages in. But as he doesn't appear to let his religious beliefs dominate his politics, I think, so what?
There are many women who are seriously concerned that they'll lose the right to choose what they do with their bodies, because Perrotet led the opposition to the decriminalisation of abortion in 2019. And you find that amusing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, just irritated at leftist support for the authoritarian bigoted shits that are the Palestinian Arab leadership.

Mate. Want peace in the middle east? Then try to find a way where Palestine can exist in its own legal right. And that Israel is held to account for it's conduct in the occupied territories since 1967. You take the heat out of the instability by doing just that.

As to the topic at hand, the recent situation in NSW has only highlighted why Labor, the Greens and the crossbench will lead the way on a Federal ICAC.

This is a good area to target but it is so full of caveats like "where possible" and empty gestures like "allowed to bid" all it will grow is the Canberra bureacracy. Need to mandate minimum contents and block the loopholes eg. "made in Australia" should mean more than just labelled/wrapped here.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Outgoing Labor MP Joel Fitzgibbon kicked off the Icac bashing on the same program, describing it as “a failed experiment” – which is certainly not Labor policy, because federal Labor wants to create a national integrity commission.

Fitzgibbon said:

I’m a great supporter of the principle innocent until proven guilty. With Icac over many years, just the opposite has been true. When you have a referral of any sort to them [they are] guilty until proven innocent. Three Liberal premiers with testify to that fact, none of them any had adverse findings against them in the eyes of the law but were certainly hung out to dry by what I think is a kangaroo court.
Hi Joel.
Given the current standard of political performance the pub test is all you secretive *s are corrupt and on the take and therefore guilt is reasonable to presume.

Again, any state of Palestine created in the foreseeable future will be a corrupt authoritarian shithole. No doubt by supporting such an endeavour, the left are trying to confuse people?
Doubt anyone in this thread gives two shits for Israel/ Palestine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back