I Hope Judd doesnt choose Carlton!

Remove this Banner Ad

thommo9

Rookie
Apr 16, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am a Carlton supporter but....

As much as I would love Chris Judd at Carlton. In 5 years time when Carlton is finally in a position to challenge for a Premiership, Judd's body will most likely be shot and he will be on $1m plus.

Carlton fans will be saying imagine if we had Kennedy and cotchin/morton in our side who will be at their peak (23-25Yo's).

Just like Kangas fans are saying now they would love Mooney and Enright in their side, who they effectively traded away for Colbert.

We will also be contemplating how to squeeze in Murphy/Gibbs/Kruezer and Walker etc into our salary cap

That is why it doesnt make sense for Carlton to get Judd for a high pick and a young gun, it makes much more sense for him to go to a team that will challenge in the next 2-3 years.

I am a Carlton supporter but....

As much as I would love Chris Judd at Carlton. In 5 years time when Carlton is finally in a position to challenge for a Premiership, Judd's body will most likely be shot and he will be on $1m plus.

Carlton fans will be saying imagine if we had Kennedy and cotchin/morton in our side who will be at their peak (23-25Yo's).

Just like Kangas fans are saying now they would love Mooney and Enright in their side, who they effectively traded away for Colbert.

We will also be contemplating how to squeeze in Murphy/Gibbs/Kruezer and Walker etc into our salary cap

That is why it doesnt make sense for Carlton to get Judd for a high pick and a young gun, it makes much more sense for him to go to a team that will challenge in the next 2-3 years.

If you're a Carlton supporter, why is your Club Hawthorn in your avatar?

He'd probably choose to retire before even considering getting traded to Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well have him at a club that wont be challenging for a flag for quite a while.

Pretty much my assessment too. I'd hate to be toweled up by Juddy in a final, it'd hurt too much.

As much as i wish juddy all the best...Its sorta like being given the flick by a missus you really like. Deep down you hope her next bloke is a dud and she regrets leaving you, haha.

I'd prefer he went to the Demons:

- it's Judd's childhood team, so if he choose them at least you can say he's still loyal.
- We could get some great picks/players from them.
- And they're the team I'd least mind seeing Judd in their colours, although it'll still hurt...:(

He would do so much good for Carlton in the here and now that he is worth parting with a couple of speculative picks to have him.

You would be incredibly lucky to have the guy at your club, considering what Carlton have come to represent in the league.

If you're a Carlton supporter, why is your Club Hawthorn in your avatar?

Bazza QC board. :)

He's probably too embarassed to list Carlton like many of his fellow supporters.

Bazza QC board. :)

He's probably too embarassed to list Carlton like many of his fellow supporters.

WOW, what an insightful comment considering the club that you support has such a rich and fruitful history!! :confused::confused::confused:

If he doesn't choose the Pies, then i hope he does go to Carlton.
Might as well have him at a club that wont be challenging for a flag for quite a while.

I hope he goes to either Carlton or Essendon. I don't want to see him holding a Premiership Cup up and I can't see him doing it at either of these sides.

Chris Judd stated that he wanted to go to a club with a moderate playing list and a team that wil be winning premierships..
So simply put he doesnt want to go to carlton..
Carlton have created a new era within the sporting world.. They find losing a major achievement..
Let him go to Collingwood where at least he could play finals and enjoy his footy.. Hate to see someone of his calibre not strutting his stuff in september..
Carlton should start planning ahead and get the recruiting manager out there scouting next years talent, so they can get that elusive number 1 pick again..

Chris Judd stated that he wanted to go to a club with a moderate playing list and a team that wil be winning premierships..
So simply put he doesnt want to go to carlton..
Carlton have created a new era within the sporting world.. They find losing a major achievement..
Let him go to Collingwood where at least he could play finals and enjoy his footy.. Hate to see someone of his calibre not strutting his stuff in september..
Carlton should start planning ahead and get the recruiting manager out there scouting next years talent, so they can get that elusive number 1 pick again..

Loosen that tie mate, anyone would think youre "choking" somewhat!!!

How did your boys go last week, and when was your last flag? By my reckoning you havent won one for 16 years, and given where Geelong are at and WC getting back to their best next year I reckon by the time Hawthorn are challenging for a flag Carlton might be up there as well.

Anyway, deep breaths pal, that choking sensation must be damn uncomfortable!!! ;)

I agree with the original comment.

In four years time Murphy, Gibbs, Kruezer or co will be 22 - 24 and Judd will be 29 or so. I honestly believe Carlton is better served adding another couple of young players and taking the Hawthorn route and go youth, youth, youth and resist short term fixes even if it is Judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back