Kane Cornes doesnt think Trent Cotchin can kick 25 goals in 2023.

Will Cotchin kick 25+ goals in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cornes set the goal though.
No one at Richmond stated he would do this.
All Hardwick said was he’d play more time forward this year.

Kane took it to the extreme and the great unwashed again assumed it as fact.

The club were fairly positive he would make a good contribution up forward. He was going to be Trent Coleman, even done as a joke it suggests they thought he was going to kick goals.

Plenty of Richmond supporters called SEN to say how dangerous he would be in front of goal.

Kane didn't take to the extreme as after he said it more called up to say Cotchin would make 25 easy.

Anyway I don't know why I am defending Kane

Last edited:
I think it is perfectly reasonable to put a number on it. So if Cotchin can only average lets say a goal a game or less spending more time up forward it is worth discussing whether having Cotchin in the forward line at all is worth it or not since lets say 20 goals in a season is not a lot for a forward.
Maybe Cornes needs to re-visit this statement and apply some analysis. Have a look at how much time Cotchin is spending forward for a start. Factor in Richmond’s form and (lack of) goals.

If Cotchin somehow reached 25 goals this year I’m guessing Cornes would still be claiming he was right in his premise because Cotchin kicked (for example) three bags of 3 and one bag of 4 and that was over half his goals in just four games, and he went goalless in XX games, he was carried by the side, he got two Joe the Gooses, he disrupted the other forwards, …

Notice how none of the Richmond fans are talking about the fact that Cotchin still isn't on track to kick 25 goals in a season, which was Cornes main point. One random game does not make a season, especially when I think he has only kicked goals in 2 games this year.
His goal tally keeps me up at night, such is the stress.

A Richmond fan created a thread on his goal tally.
I think in the OP that Richmond fan said 25 goals was unlikely. Might want to check.

To use a Cornes’ line… he (Cornes) was kicking with the wind the day he made that call.

The club were fairly positive he would make a good contribution up forward. He was going to be Trent Coleman, even done as a joke it suggests they thought he was going to kick goals.

Plenty of Richmond supporters called SEN to say how dangerous he would be in front of goal.

Kane didn't take to the extreme as after he said it more called up to say Cotchin would make 25 easy.

Anyway I don't know why I am defending Kane
You pretty much summed it all up in your last sentence.

The joke that Jack made to his team mate and let out in the media seems to have been taken as the clubs position, with Kanes arbitrary number the measure of success.

Some have seemed to have lapped it all up, normally those who let these opinion makers think for them.

I think in the OP that Richmond fan said 25 goals was unlikely. Might want to check.

To use a Cornes’ line… he (Cornes) was kicking with the wind the day he made that call.
I don’t think too many people would have remembered Kane’s comment.

Even though that Richmond fan said 25 would be unlikely by creating this thread that Richmond fan has put a goal number for Big Footy to judge Cotchin’s move to the forward line against.

Even though that Richmond fan said 25 would be unlikely by creating this thread that Richmond fan has put a goal number for Big Footy to judge Cotchin’s move to the forward line against.
I don’t reckon too many people on here would give a s**t how many goals Cotchin kicks this year.

If he was to meet a specific number to embarrass Cornes though, that spruiks interest.

I don’t reckon too many people on here would give a s**t how many goals Cotchin kicks this year.

If he was to meet a specific number to embarrass Cornes though, that spruiks interest.
You’re probably right but a thread on the main board was created with a pole asking the Big Footy community “will Cotchin kick 25+ goals in 2023?”

That’s the discussion point of this thread. Kane says lots of comments, they don’t all get a thread on the main board.

Kane or not the OP wanted Big Footy to discuss whether Cotchin could kick 25 goals or not.

What move to the forward line? See him there as a midfielder following the play mostly.

Did you even read the article? And if you did how does an article written in February confirm that Cotchin has been playing a forward role in May?

Seems like he was playing forward in the pre-season to get Taranto and Hopper into the middle with some younger guys. Closest you get in that article to any sort of confirmation is a team-mate saying that footballers play football in any position and with the midfield looking strong they're looking to re-purpose Trent in the different position. Now you tell me, has our midfield looked strong this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you even read the article? And if you did how does an article written in February confirm that Cotchin has been playing a forward role in May?

Seems like he was playing forward in the pre-season to get Taranto and Hopper into the middle with some younger guys. Closest you get in that article to any sort of confirmation is a team-mate saying that footballers play football in any position and with the midfield looking strong they're looking to re-purpose Trent in the different position. Now you tell me, has our midfield looked strong this year?
“Yep, Trent Coleman. He’s been playing forward and for a player like him to add another string to his bow and play forward, it’s important for us.

“Don’t know what sort of nickname we’ll have this year but Trent Coleman’s got a bit of a ring to it.”

- Jack Riewoldt

Ok, if that's all it takes...

If Melbourne don't win 3 premierships this year, all players and coaches should be executed and the MCG demolished.

Somebody create the thread. So we can judge...

“Yep, Trent Coleman. He’s been playing forward and for a player like him to add another string to his bow and play forward, it’s important for us.

“Don’t know what sort of nickname we’ll have this year but Trent Coleman’s got a bit of a ring to it.”

- Jack Riewoldt
Firstly, well done on finally reading the article. The next step is to put it in context. In February in practice matches Cotchin was playing forward and Riewoldt commented and “quipped” on that fact. Team-mates “ribbed” Cotchin about it. All sounds very serious.

But again how does an article written in February prove something in May? In February articles were being written saying Richmond would be top four.

Ok, if that's all it takes...

If Melbourne don't win 3 premierships this year, all players and coaches should be executed and the MCG demolished.

Somebody create the thread. So we can judge...
WTF? How can any team win 3 premierships in one year?

I don’t think a Melbourne supporter would start a thread that the rest of big footy would judge the club against based on a Kane Cornes comment.

What move to the forward line? See him there as a midfielder following the play mostly.
The thread was started in February on the back of Richmond through Jack Riewoldt stating Trent was moving to the forward line.

So the thread was created with 25 goals as a number that Big Footy would judge against Cotchin moving to the forward line.

Whether he is playing that role or not now is irrelevant to why the thread was created.

The thread was started in February on the back of Richmond through Jack Riewoldt stating Trent was moving to the forward line.

So the thread was created with 25 goals as a number that Big Footy would judge against Cotchin moving to the forward line.

Whether he is playing that role or not now is irrelevant to why the thread was created.
No. Check the OP. The thread was started in February on the back of Kane Cornes tweeting that Cotchin wouldn’t kick 25 goals for the year. Keep up.

No. Check the OP. The thread was started in February on the back of Kane Cornes tweeting that Cotchin wouldn’t kick 25 goals for the year. Keep up.
Calm down dude, Cotchin obviously ain’t kicking 25 so now you just wanna erase all evidence related to it in an effort to give him a pass.

To embarrass himself? Yeah, he’s doing a good job at times. Other times, he talks logic.
What losers think is 'embarrassing', Cornes knows is 'good content'.

The more content he creates, and the more losers that get sucked in by it - the more successful Cornes is at his job.

This thread, and your posts, are evidence of that.

Back