Kane Cornes doesnt think Trent Cotchin can kick 25 goals in 2023.

Will Cotchin kick 25+ goals in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would those things trigger people? They are some of his most endearing qualities. Cotch is a good lad.

If you want someone who triggers supporters, you're going to want Selwood or Dangerfield.
They can join in.

Trigger Alert Warning: this week on “Cotchin & Friends” Trent is joined by vanquished rivals Joel Selwood and Patrick Dangerfield.

Kane didn’t really go out on a limb. 25 goals playing predominantly mid is AA squad/team quality.

I personally predicted less than 10

No chance top 100
Which makes his achievements all the more extraordinary.

Think about it. How many other players not in the top 100 this century have captained three premierships AND won a Brownlow AND been recognised as the best in the game by the coaches AND captained their state team AND polled at least 148 Brownlow votes AND been AA AND been voted best captain by his peers AND been a Rising Star nominee AND won three B&Fs AND played 300 games AND done it all with perfect hair?

Do you need a Venn diagram?

For funsies you could extend it to the top 1000 players this century and see what the Venn diagram looks like. My guess is there would still be only one player in the intersection of all those categories. Go on. Please do it.

Possibly right. Guess that makes his achievements all the more remarkable.

Now that he’s retired I look forward to his insightful commentary, big smile and perfect hair triggering individuals for years to come. I hope they rotate his byline each quarter for extra triggering impact. Here are some examples.

Trent Cotchin
2012 Brownlow Medallist

Trent Cotchin
2017 Premiership Captain

Trent Cotchin
2019 Premiership Captain

Trent Cotchin
2020 Premiership Captain

Trent Cotchin
Triple Premiership Captain

Trent Cotchin
Victorian State Captain

He only has a single All Australian though. Being captain doesn't matter and we know the Brownlow does not matter, especially in the year he won it. I very much standby my argument of Cotchin not being in the top 100 of the 21st century.

He only has a single All Australian though. Being captain doesn't matter and we know the Brownlow does not matter, especially in the year he won it. I very much standby my argument of Cotchin not being in the top 100 of the 21st century.
Two x club best and fairests and a single All-Australian.

You wouldn't get many arguments about him not being in the top 100 players since the turn of the century, and his leadership elevates him as high as he is...

I have Cotchin 5th on the list of Richmond players since 2000.

D. Martin
A. Rance
J. Riewoldt
M. Richardson
T. Cotchin
D. Grimes
C. Newman
S. Edwards
B. Houli
B. Deledio
T. Lynch
S. Bolton
J. Bowden

Lynch and Bolton could possibly overtake him.

But Richmond's list is quite shallow.

Geelong for example would have 10 ahead of him:
GAJ
Dangerfield
Scarlett
Selwood
Enright
Bartel
J. Cameron (GWS included)
Hawkins
T. Stewart
Steve Johnson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two x club best and fairests and a single All-Australian.

You wouldn't get many arguments about him not being in the top 100 players since the turn of the century, and his leadership elevates him as high as he is...

Jake Lloyd got the Swans B&F one year.

Also I think Cotchin not being in the top 100 would be a fairly uncontroversial opinion as all that means is 6 better players from each team.

Just from the Swans Franklin, Hall, Goodes, C.Bolton, Kennedy, Kirk, McVeigh and O'Loughlin would be better.

Hell, I would rate Gulden's 2023 as a better season than anything Cotchin has produced.

Being captain at the right time pads his stats a fair bit. Without it he'd be just a good player probably below Edwards at Richmond. So leadership wise he's naturally elevated and thought of as better than he was. Brownlow, well I don't think many count that. Was actually a big Cotchin follower in High school pre draft circa 05,06,07 So pleased he achieved what he did. Again, would say without the captaincy he underachieved based on capabilities.
Just an opinion, zero care factor in the triggering of tiger supporters.

Man. I have no recollection of that whatsoever.
Also wouldn't it be "they won" unless he was out there by himself.
I have Cotchin 5th on the list of Richmond players since 2000.

D. Martin
A. Rance
J. Riewoldt
M. Richardson
T. Cotchin
D. Grimes
C. Newman
S. Edwards
B. Houli
B. Deledio
T. Lynch
S. Bolton
J. Bowden

Lynch and Bolton could possibly overtake him.

But Richmond's list is quite shallow.

Geelong for example would have 10 ahead of him:
GAJ
Dangerfield
Scarlett
Selwood
Enright
Bartel
J. Cameron (GWS included)
Hawkins
T. Stewart
Steve Johnson
Ngl this list is accurate af. Except Delidio should be higher than Cotchin and Lynch is already better. I also think Richo is the 2nd best but that’s just my take.

None of them will be more highly regarded at Richmond though Cotchin did more for for the club than them. A true Tiger immortal.

Yep, like Voss and Hodge right.
What absurd logic.
For a start, Michael Voss won the AFLPA MVP in two of Brisbane's three premiership years....

And you know how we're seeing Richmond posters on this board proclaim Dusty has claims as the GOAT courtesy of his 3 x Norm Smith Medals? Well, Hodge has two of them.

For a start, Michael Voss won the AFLPA MVP in two of Brisbane's three premiership years....

And you know how we're seeing Richmond posters on this board proclaim Dusty has claims as the GOAT courtesy of his 3 x Norm Smith Medals? Well, Hodge has two of them.
Way to miss the point Fadge. Happy holidays regardless. :)

You're bias so I wouldn't expect you to think clearly. Those two are miles ahead of Cotchin regardless
I wouldn’t expect you to understand using your logic against you. But cheers for the response.

And yes I also agree with the above assessment of the three.

Back