Kane Cornes doesnt think Trent Cotchin can kick 25 goals in 2023.

Will Cotchin kick 25+ goals in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll do it easily. If he doesn't I'll run 8 times around my block yelling 'I'm Terry Effwit'.
k6bRgo7.gif

He only has a single All Australian though. Being captain doesn't matter and we know the Brownlow does not matter, especially in the year he won it. I very much standby my argument of Cotchin not being in the top 100 of the 21st century.
Good for you.

For a start, Michael Voss won the AFLPA MVP in two of Brisbane's three premiership years....

And you know how we're seeing Richmond posters on this board proclaim Dusty has claims as the GOAT courtesy of his 3 x Norm Smith Medals? Well, Hodge has two of them.

Yes, but does Hodge have anywhere near the rest of Dustys resume? No

It’s like saying Danger is the same calibre of player as GAJ because they both have 8 AAs. He’s missing quite a bit of another stuff.

Ok, so does anyone want to explain to me why the football media is still sooking over Kane Cornes having a light hearted crack at Trent Cotchin's footy analysis? Matthew Richardson has slammed him, Wayne Carey has slammed him, certain news outlets are branding it a "savaging" and a "character assassination" of Cotchin, Tony Jones has apologized multiple times to "the Cotchin family".

For christ sake, why is the football media so soft? Why are Cotchin and Selwood so untouchable?

Ok, so does anyone want to explain to me why the football media is still sooking over Kane Cornes having a light hearted crack at Trent Cotchin's footy analysis? Matthew Richardson has slammed him, Wayne Carey has slammed him, certain news outlets are branding it a "savaging" and a "character assassination" of Cotchin, Tony Jones has apologized multiple times to "the Cotchin family".

For christ sake, why is the football media so soft? Why are Cotchin and Selwood so untouchable?

Yeah, my thoughts are that it must have touched a bit of a nerve. I actually thought the gag was more about channel 7's poor graphics and concept, rather than Cotchin. This faux outrage over it is incredibly precious.

Cotchin was crucified by the media before the 2017 flag they even said he should give up his captaincy. Not sure he is untouchable.

Idk about Selwood maybe the media called him out for ducking or something at worst.

Cotchin was crucified by the media before the 2017 flag they even said he should give up his captaincy. Not sure he is untouchable.
That was 7 years ago.
IIRC a journalist lost their job just for pointing out his wife broke isolation protocols.
And now there's this laughable collective pile-on Kane Cornes for indulging in some light-hearted banter over his analysis segment. Seriously, why are Richo, Darcy, Carey and others still slamming Cornes to this day? Cornes himself gets mocked ridiculed almost every day, but when it's Cotchin it's now "character assassination" and "bullying"?

F M D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys club

Apparently you don't have to be any good in the media if you are an ex player

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Boys club, pure and simple.

Gotta protect each other at all costs.
Darcy even said as much to Kane on Triple M, didn’t he?

“You are a 300 game player and you have a special place in the footy community, as you should have for your deeds on the football field, and I feel like the footy community is a golden ticket of people that generally have each other’s back.”

That was 7 years ago.
IIRC a journalist lost their job just for pointing out his wife broke isolation protocols.
And now there's this laughable collective pile-on Kane Cornes for indulging in some light-hearted banter over his analysis segment. Seriously, why are Richo, Darcy, Carey and others still slamming Cornes to this day? Cornes himself gets mocked ridiculed almost every day, but when it's Cotchin it's now "character assassination" and "bullying"?

F M D
Yeah look that’s a bit precious but that’s how the media has become nowadays. You can’t say anything that’s offensive.

Yet somehow Tom Morris is back which I don’t get. Maybe he is that good at his job or something.

I thought it was funny af to be honest. That Ch7 show is garbage. Cotchin had a crack at Cornes a few weeks ago saying he's probably still a bit upset we ruined his 300th game, so I'd say Kane saw this as a way of getting back at him. Kane is a very petty person, but he is extremely calculated.

Darcy even said as much to Kane on Triple M, didn’t he?

“You are a 300 game player and you have a special place in the footy community, as you should have for your deeds on the football field, and I feel like the footy community is a golden ticket of people that generally have each other’s back.”

Was the thing I picked up the most from his babble. Along with seeming shook up that someone wanted to work out at the gym, rather than talk to him.

Back