Kane Cornes doesnt think Trent Cotchin can kick 25 goals in 2023.

Will Cotchin kick 25+ goals in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Inspired by this tweet...

Given that most see Kane Cornes as a click-bait flog these days (as opposed to a 300 game premiership player) and a lot claim Trent Cotchin is a sniper dog who can't kick over a jam tin (when he really is a Brownlow medallist, state captain and three-time premiership skipper) this might be a hard one for the general footy fan to pick a side on.

There a lot of what-ifs that might come into play for Cotchin, most likely to do with form and injury, but also where he might spend most TOG, how much TOG and possibly use as the sub, but what do you think?

For me, I think it's unlikely, but I'll be cheering every goal with a bit more gusto in the hope of seeing KC follow through on his tweet.

kind of devalues the brownlow a bit when you are reminded that Cotchin won one.

Bloke had one great year and the rest of his career has been a bit meh on an individual basis

I pencil him in for 7 goals

Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

kind of devalues the brownlow a bit when you are reminded that Cotchin won one.

Bloke had one great year and the rest of his career has been a bit meh on an individual basis

I pencil him in for 7 goals
In your opinion does Cotchin winning the Brownlow devalue it more or less than Woewodin winning the Brownlow?

Given that most see Kane Cornes as a click-bait flog these days (as opposed to a 300 game premiership player) and a lot claim Trent Cotchin is a sniper dog who can't kick over a jam tin (when he really is a Brownlow medallist, state captain and three-time premiership skipper) this might be a hard one for the general footy fan to pick a side on.

There a lot of what-ifs that might come into play for Cotchin, most likely to do with form and injury, but also where he might spend most TOG, how much TOG and possibly use as the sub, but what do you think?

For me, I think it's unlikely, but I'll be cheering every goal with a bit more gusto in the hope of seeing KC follow through on his tweet.

In the interest of fairness, would you run 8 laps of the Tan in a number 18 Port jumper if he kicks less than 25?

Heaven forbid someone make a new thread on this board once in a while. Agree with Cornes, Cotchin is old and never played forward, not to mention it's the hardest position to play nowadays
It's a purely Richmond issue

In your opinion does Cotchin winning the Brownlow devalue it more or less than Woewodin winning the Brownlow?
Probably Cotchin to be fair.

At least Woewoden won his fairly on the night (even if he was lucky) rather than being handed to him as a gift years later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that it really matters but cotchin wont play more than 15 games in the reg season so no chance he kicks 25 goals

But the 8 laps around the tan 32 klms is just piss weak bet from Karen as he runs 30klms every day any way

make the bet 3 rounds with Barry Hall and Dimma will make sure Trent plays FF every game

Kane Corns plays the heel in the WCW, that we keep reacting to his questionable edicts shows he is doing his job well in the media.

Ah for the good old days when Lou Richards would make a similar pointless prediction but also be willing to carry Mick Nolan (the Galloping Gasometer) or Jack Dyer on his back down Flinders Street if he was proved wrong ^^

Karen is just upset that he was saying early 2022 that Cotchin was finished as a footballer… then he went on to have a very good year, playing 19 games and averaging more disposals (22) and more clearances (5) than he has since 2017. He also has 18 goal assists in 2022, when the previous 3 years combined he had 12.

As a comparison O’Meara averaged 20 and 5. DeGoey 21 and 5.

I also don’t think Cotchin will kick 25 goals for loads of reasons. With Richmond’s midfield depth he’s unlikely to play more than 18 games. With Bolton, Martin, MRJ and Cumberland filling small/medium forward roles he won’t play there all that much.

The pre-season has clearly been about him learning more about forward play as he’ll spend a bit more time there than he has in the past - and he hardly needs much training in midfield. But it still won’t be more than 40% of his game time.

So 40% forward of what’s likely to be 16-18 games … I pencil him in for 10-12 goals. Goal assists are just as important so 10-15 of those. Contributing 20-25 goals from goals and goal assists will be a great result.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back