Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The news over here in Adelaide.

Yep, you betchya all just Melbourne footage a dribble, with Melbourne player crossovers etc.

Pretty sure I live a little to close to Melbourne for my liking
Try being an Eagles fan living here in Melbourne. You'd swear theres only 3 teams playing this week

Just watched Fox Sports - Neroli Meadows (?) interviewed Simmo.

Without actually making notes I reckon all questions were about Melbourne, their players, the crowds noise and Melbournes coach.

Goodness gracious me - Simmo coaches the Eagles not the Dees.

Yeah, I think maybe all but two questions were Melbourne related. Simmo wasn’t too impressed. Did laugh when he spun the question around to be about us just by saying only focusing on our guys. The question about which Melbourne player he would like on the list was pathetic. His reply of I don’t like any of them with a smirk was great though.

They’re literally trolling us on VFL360 now. A 5 minute interview with Cameron Smith from the Melbourne Storm? This after the usual love in with Riewoldt and Lewis. It’s supposed to be an AFL show.

Only mention I saw about us was to say that the noise of affirmation at Optus is an overreaction (only to be followed up with a graphic saying we’re +85 for free kicks at Optus as opposed to the ledger being square away from home).

This whole week has been an absolute disgrace from a media perspective. Oh well let’s just keep flying under the radar and get the right result on Saturday arvo

Yeah, I think maybe all but two questions were Melbourne related. Simmo wasn’t too impressed. Did laugh when he spun the question around to be about us just by saying only focusing on our guys. The question about which Melbourne player he would like on the list was pathetic. His reply of I don’t like any of them with a smirk was great though.
The more interviews i see of Simmo the more I love him as a coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is delicious.

The 2018 season was setup to be a bigger fix than Gil contacting the former sports minister to sort out the au pair of his $300 million relatives.

Richmond's success last season reversed a trend of diminishing total crowd attendances since 2014. Indeed, last season was the first under McLachlan's tenure that did not have sliding attendance figures. The Tiger premiership delivered a new record of total crowd attendance - and a $60 million profit (greater than the profit of the previous decade combined).

Prior post and attendance charts.

So of course it's only in the executive's interest to show how awesome the competition is by ensuring ongoing profitability.

Enter 2018:
Richmond; 14 MCG regular season matchese, lowest travel of all clubs - they have travelled just twice in the last 14 weeks.
Collingwood; 14 MCG regular season matches, second lowest travel in competition, easiest season fixture according to Champion Data.

This was meant to be a profit-spinning final showdown between the Tigers and the Magpies mired in a vile flogfest of Victorian hubris.

But that didn't happen. They are meeting this week - all because an interloper from the West decided to throw a spanner into the works.

We scraped into finals by percentage alone the year before at the expense of a Melbourne "fairytale", and received the toughest fixture in the competition for 2018 as a consequence.

We saw the loss of two Brownlow medallists, from what was already the weakest area of the team. We were seen to be approaching a rebuild without the benefit of having many draft picks. Finals qualification was out of the question if you heard the news from Victoria - bottom four beckoned. Some (in)famously judged that we would finish last.

Instead we won 10 matches in a row. Despite of the toughness of the fixture, we ended up clear in a top two position. Despite losing the most influential player in the league for the season we maintained that place. Despite fielding more injuries in a week than Richmond has had in two years and losing an AA midfielder to a record tribunal suspension, we have earned the right to host a home Preliminary Final.

Victoria is completely confounded by us this year. They never saw this happening. Soon enough we would run out of steam and no longer be a factor. But we didn't - we kept on winning. Suddenly we are 4 quarters away from a Grand Final and our record is 100% in Victoria this year.

The ignorance is hope. Hope that somehow if no attention is paid to us by the media then it diminishes our chances of winning. But it just belies how close to hysterics things have become. I haven't seen fear like this since from the Vics since 1994.

They can try to ignore, discredit and misrepresent us all they like, it won't change reality. That the barbarians from the West are lighting their torches and readying to pillage what is most valuable away from them.

It's only a matter of time before someone jumps the shark and starts calling us Evil once again (ahem Robert Walls).

And I love it.

Robert Walls
The gift that keeps on giving.

Naturally tips the Dees

Discussing the Eagles mids and how they need to lift, mentioned Lewis!
Not sure if it was a senior moment when he had flashbacks to Chris, or he meant Jetta, or was totally confused with a certain ex Hawk who is in the other team.

This is delicious.

The 2018 season was setup to be a bigger fix than Gil contacting the former sports minister to sort out the au pair of his $300 million relatives.

Richmond's success last season reversed a trend of diminishing total crowd attendances since 2014. Indeed, last season was the first under McLachlan's tenure that did not have sliding attendance figures. The Tiger premiership delivered a new record of total crowd attendance - and a $60 million profit (greater than the profit of the previous decade combined).

So of course it's only in the executive's interest to show how awesome the competition is by ensuring ongoing profitability.

Enter 2018:
Richmond; 14 MCG regular season matchese, lowest travel of all clubs - they have travelled just twice in the last 14 weeks.
Collingwood; 14 MCG regular season matches, second lowest travel in competition, easiest season fixture according to Champion Data.

This was meant to be a profit-spinning final showdown between the Tigers and the Magpies mired in a vile flogfest of Victorian hubris.

But that didn't happen. They are meeting this week - all because an interloper from the West decided to throw a spanner into the works.

We scraped into finals by percentage alone the year before at the expense of a Melbourne "fairytale", and received the toughest fixture in the competition for 2018 as a consequence.

We saw the loss of two Brownlow medallists, from what was already the weakest area of the team. We were seen to be approaching a rebuild without the benefit of having many draft picks. Finals qualification was out of the question if you heard the news from Victoria - bottom four beckoned. Some (in)famously judged that we would finish last.

Instead we won 10 matches in a row. Despite of the toughness of the fixture, we ended up clear in a top two position. Despite losing the most influential player in the league for the season we maintained that place. Despite fielding more injuries in a week than Richmond has had in two years and losing an AA midfielder to a record tribunal suspension, we have earned the right to host a home Preliminary Final.

Victoria is completely confounded by us this year. They never saw this happening. Soon enough we would run out of steam and no longer be a factor. But we didn't - we kept on winning. Suddenly we are 4 quarters away from a Grand Final and our record is 100% in Victoria this year.

The ignorance is hope. Hope that somehow if no attention is paid to us by the media then it diminishes our chances of winning. But it just belies how close to hysterics things have become. I haven't seen fear like this since from the Vics since 1994.

They can try to ignore, discredit and misrepresent us all they like, it won't change reality. That the barbarians from the West are lighting their torches and readying to pillage what is most valuable away from them.

It's only a matter of time before someone jumps the shark and starts calling us Evil once again (ahem Robert Walls).

And I love it.

Jeez, that sounds like one hell of a story, some real gumshoe reporting getting to the bottom of it Dylan. Quick you need to tell someone, the people need to know. I'll try and tee up Robbo on the wireless.

He loved it, but I don't know if they're going to have enough time to run it, I jotted down his reply:

'That's sterling stuff mate, a real stirring tale but burrrrrrrp (sic) we've already got 29 minutes dedicated to the Eagles, the Woodville-West Torrens Eagles and then I've got a 39 minute monologue about how Clarko and Hardo won't bloody talk to me, which is really bloody unfortunate, I mean obviously we're still tight mate, they're good blokes, we're like this mate. (Unclear from audio what 'this' is)

Which reminds me, how about that bloody lezo kiss last year? Unreal... anyway, what was I saying? Oh yup, loved your bit about the Dockers, great story, real triumph over adversity, but unfortunately the show only runs for 26 minutes and we're just not going to be able to fit it in.'

I'm devastated, I really thought he'd go for it.

Was listening to some VFL podcast last night. Carol tipped Melbourne this week as she “hasn’t seen anything this year that makes me trust West Coast can win “

Really? Caroline they beat your team Richmond by 47 points earlier in the year.

They were 10-0 at one point.

They have won every game played in Melbourne.

They have spent most of the season a clear second on the ladder.

What would they have to do in a season to earn your trust that they could win a home prelim?

This is delicious.

Enter 2018:

And I love it.
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Was listening to some VFL podcast last night. Carol tipped Melbourne this week as she “hasn’t seen anything this year that makes me trust West Coast can win “

Really? Caroline they beat your team Richmond by 47 points earlier in the year.

They were 10-0 at one point.

They have won every game played in Melbourne.

They have spent most of the season a clear second on the ladder.

What would they have to do in a season to earn your trust that they could win a home prelim?

be based in Melbourne.

This is delicious.

Enter 2018:

And I love it.
You mean some other club travelled LESS than Collingwood ? Eddie will be livid and demand a royal commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back