Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/510825/speed-kings-telstra-tracker-reveals-your-club-s-fastest-players

West Coast Eagles

Top-five fastest players in 2020
Jack Petruccelle, 33.6km/h v Melbourne, round 1
Elliot Yeo, 33.4km/h v Gold Coast, round 2
Jamaine Jones, 33.4km/h v West Coast, round 5
Liam Ryan, 33.2km/h v North Melbourne, round 18
Brad Sheppard, 33.0km/h v Brisbane, round 3

Fastest speeds clocked in a game in 2020
Jack Petruccelle, 33.6km/h v Melbourne, round 1
Elliot Yeo, 33.4km/h v Gold Coast, round 2
Jamaine Jones, 33.4km/h v West Coast, round 5
Liam Ryan, 33.2km/h v North Melbourne, round 18
Liam Ryan, 33.1km/h v St Kilda, round 17

Jamaine Jones was playing against us in round 5. Not acceptable, delist :)

Is he joking, out of all the selections this year he goes after Sheppard and Ryan. I watched Butler a fair bit this year, he was good but went missing late in the year and Ryan went to best fwd in the league on last 5 games form. Papley was awesome first half of the year, then disappeared.

Maynard probably only player that could rival Shep, but Shep a more complete player as he can intercept mark and better kick.

Goldstein only other ruck that could compete with Natanui, but Nic clear winner.

Last edited:

Is he joking, out of all the selections this year he goes after Sheppard and Ryan. I watched Butler a fair bit this year, he was good but went missing late in the year and Ryan went to best fwd in the league on last 5 games form. Papley was awesome first half of the year, then disappeared.

Maynard probably only player that could rival Shep, but Shep a more complete player as he can intercept mark and better kick.

Goldstein only other ruck that could compete with Natanui, but Nic clear winner.
I just read this. Says Glen jakovich has too much pull. Hahahhahaha If the rest of the ppl selecting are getting out brained by jako is explains alot. At a guess I'd say joey... another commentator with no morals.. Hasn't seen many wce games this year. Sheppard may win the b&f

I was out at saints great, Leigh Montagna. It’s a low bar indeed.

I think he’s right that Butler and possibly Papley should’ve been in the team, but not at Ryan’s expense. There should have been more than one actual small forward selected and not a bunch of mids named in the forward line. If you want to go after someone, Joey, go after all the mids on the selection panel like Ling and Ricciuto who named a team full of midfielders.

Are they colour blind or can they tell the difgerence between winny reds and blues?

Mate, this is a Peter Jackson family and I kindy ask you to remember than. La di *en da Winnies like I'm the King of England or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It didn't have to be a public tender, just open to all potential bidders. The MCG deal extension was stitched up between the AFL and the Victorian government before the other states even knew the extension was being considered.

Fair enough - I thought you were referring to the award 'process' to determine the Grand Final venue for this year.

The extension of the MCG contract on the other hand never had a chance of going anywhere else - it is just an arm of a much larger octopus involving key powerbrokers in Victorian politics, business and property development.

A couple of months back I posted the relationship of the current MCG deal with the AFL's ownership of the Docklands (Marvel) Stadium and the state government investment funding for the surrounding precinct, resulting in lands owned by the AFL skyrocketing in value within a short timeframe afterwards.

The current agreement has so many political and financial interests involved - all of which have no intention of allowing any change to the status quo.

The only way I can see it changing is if the broadcasters were to demand it as part of their telecast agreement - but they have no such reason to do so, and besides, they are based in the Docklands precinct of Melbourne as well.

The same Montagna that was the other half of the Milne sexual assault saga but sat in silence? Then spoke about his wife's bits on national radio when Barry Hall got fired?

Top bloke

Was quite interesting on the latest coast to coast podcast that Oscar Allen mentioned when he 1st came to the club he was told about how many people in the AFL that the club hate and how they felt very disrespected particularly in 2018 and it definitely drove them in a way.
Not suprised. Flicked onto ABC grandstand this morning and it was a finals preview with I think Nathan Burke and they were talking Richmond dynasty super team if they won it again . They said flag in 17 and 19, best team in 18 but lost a prelim final. Ex*incuse me? Got hammered the only time they met the premiers but they're the best team? What the * has Burke ever won anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back