If you had the power to change ONE thing from the TV broadcasting...

Remove this Banner Ad

They should have viewer selectable commentators. Do it as a two caller one boundary package. For example if BT gives you the shits like he does me then mute BT and select the other option. The data could be fed back to the broadcasters and then they'd know who to drop instead of just assuming we all like boofheads.....such as BT.

They should have viewer selectable commentators. Do it as a two caller one boundary package. For example if BT gives you the shits like he does me then mute BT and select the other option. The data could be fed back to the broadcasters and then they'd know who to drop instead of just assuming we all like boofheads.....such as BT.
That's one of the big issues. Channel 7 believe they're doing a great job because people tune in. They're tuning in due to it being the free to air option. Not for the product you're putting out.

Similar to the AFL pointing to the last 2 years of night grand final ratings, alluding to that is what people want. Completely disregarding we were in lockdown and there wasn't anything else to do.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That each of the commentators are wired up so that they cop an electric shock every time a viewer pushes one of the coloured buttons on the remote. Each commentator will get their own colour and the viewers can press their button every time they say something stupid.

That each of the commentators are wired up so that they cop an electric shock every time a viewer pushes one of the coloured buttons on the remote. Each commentator will get their own colour and the viewers can press their button every time they say something stupid.
There's enough power supply issues on the east coast as it is

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Time to move on from 'Hame'.

No charisma, awkward, scares kids, scares female celebrities, tries to be blokey and hip with players, most of his vernacular is just re-hashed jargon he's heard BT using, spoon fed his career.

Now Gil is departing it's time to make the hard call and give this charlatan the boot.

• Quarter time, half time and three quarter time interviews with coaches/players. Absolutely irrelevant s**t
  • * of Roving Brian, in fact just * BT off fully
  • Get some decent commentators. More Jimmy Bartel/Gerard Whately/Anthony Hudson/Matt Hill/Matthew Campbell, less BT/Brayshaw/Ling/Darcy/La Ham
  • Get the commentary team to stop treating it like a wankfest with mates

far out, not agreeing with all the BT hate, particularly when Derwayne Russell gets a gig.
nightmare commentary for me would be Russell, Darcy & Underwood with special comments by N Riewoldt & B Johnson.

I actually like BT, Huddo,Paps for commentary & Dunstall, D Pearce & Brererton for expert opinion / analysis.

far out, not agreeing with all the BT hate, particularly when Derwayne Russell gets a gig.
nightmare commentary for me would be Russell, Darcy & Underwood with special comments by N Riewoldt & B Johnson.

I actually like BT, Huddo,Paps for commentary & Dunstall, D Pearce & Brererton for expert opinion / analysis.
Spot on.

For all his flaws BT at least has some conviction in what he is saying (even if he's completely off) and is happy to riff with the other commentators to get to the bottom of things.

Far too many Channel 7 shills loving the way players are going about it and using Friday night footy to push their agendas. Still remember Channel 7 icon 'Lingy' trying to spruik Gryan Miers for the RS the year Sam Walsh and Connor Rozee were tearing it up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian Taylor should be f***ed off immediately. Worst commentator going around. Also hate it when he gets fixated on a certain thing like the when he was bitching about calling intercept marks... an intercept mark, like wtf mate.

David King and is ilk with their terminology and over analysis.

For starters, stop using phrases like ‘we know they are strong at contest.’ Like it’s an official part of the game.

Secondly, stop looking through the stats sheet for discrepancies and then forming a conclusion from them.

Watch the game and form your conclusion from that and then see if there’s data that supports it.

It is blatantly obvious that king and his counterparts are either fed data from staff at their broadcaster or they actually seek out data and THEN form a conclusion, rather than seeing a trend and then going ok it looks to me like x and y are happening, I wonder if there are any statistical trends that support this

No brainer to get rid of the scores in the corner of the screen, this is my pet hate. If I wanted the scores I would use my phone or laptop to find it in 2 seconds or if I really wanted to know it I would be watching the game! With quarter time and half time breaks it is fairly easy to watch all games with use of the fast forward button on Kayo but no point if I already know the score!
Funny my pet hate of watching old games is they don't have the score always up, like they show it every few minutes or something. And the clock.

EUU1X2dUMAEeBGr.png

A replay of anything taking up 90% of the screen while play continues live in the bottom right hand corner.

Just split it 60/40 at most!
I don't know why any off the field action is shown unless it is in a bottom corner box. I am not interested in what is happening in the dressing room on the bench or the coaches box while there is live action taking place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back