Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither here nor there to be honest. Both Trainor and Smillie fill list needs and there's no chance Zurhaar gets band 1 compo. So only getting one of them anyway
Agree. Like Harley Reid. McKercher & Duursma will fill the voids nicely. I'm happy with what we've got.

This thread always makes me laugh. Rock Bottom is when you don't know where your next million bucks is coming from.
Let me tell you a story. Last year I heard on the wireless that Victoria was bringing in recycling stations for cans, bottles etc at 10 cents a pop. So rather than sitting around wriggling my thumbs, I got pro-active & through a mate who works at Aldi, I ordered 24 slabs of Fountain Dew. They arrived in Jan & since then, I've been sinking 10-12 cans of the stuff per day. No questions asked. Now obviously, I had to take into account freight charges & duty taxes and what not, but I'm calculating I'll realise a net profit of over $25 once I'm done. The one oversight was the effect all this soft drink would have on my blood sugars. But thankfully my little brother is a Type 1 diabetic, God bless him, so I just check my blood-glucose every few hours & if I notice a spike, I'll just grab a bit of his insulin & give myself a little jab. 5 minutes later - I'm brand new. And the real kicker is, the insulin costs me nothing, so it doesn't alter my profit, and my brother is none the wiser, so it's a win-win.

There's just no point lamenting what could or should've been. They're either former or never were North players.

Focus on what we do have and how we get better. Don't get stuck on what if's, worry about what decisions the club makes from here to improve the culture and playing list.

Ummm, hello Mum?

Yep, you have to just not follow AFL in any depth
Also not sure if you're agreeing with me or having a go at me.

JHF is very, very good. But he had one foot out the door the entire time he was there. Was never staying beyond 23 at the latest.
Him leaving meant we got George. Who may not quite have the ceiling of JHF, but is a gun in his own right. And most importantly has the character and leadership we desperately need.

Tarryn is responsible and no one elsefor what happened there. Club did everything it could, he's just an idiot who can't stop himself from making poor decisions.

Where we are sucks, but spending time self flagellating over hypotheticals is only going to make us feel worse.
The future is what we make it, the club just needs to make better decisions. Take learnings from the past, but don't be stuck in it.

There's just no point lamenting what could or should've been. They're either former or never were North players.

Focus on what we do have and how we get better. Don't get stuck on what if's, worry about what decisions the club makes from here to improve the culture

I’m not ready to stop lamenting RightWingRoo i think I got another 48/72 months lamenting about winning that GC game last round.

Also not sure if you're agreeing with me or having a go at me.

JHF is very, very good. But he had one foot out the door the entire time he was there. Was never staying beyond 23 at the latest.
Him leaving meant we got George. Who may not quite have the ceiling of JHF, but is a gun in his own right. And most importantly has the character and leadership we desperately need.

Tarryn is responsible and no one elsefor what happened there. Club did everything it could, he's just an idiot who can't stop himself from making poor decisions.

Where we are sucks, but spending time self flagellating over hypotheticals is only going to make us feel worse.
The future is what we make it, the club just needs to make better decisions. Take learnings from the past, but don't be stuck in it.

Save your fingers for Ross Henshaw

Over analysis of other games when we are rubbish is a slippery slope; idk how more obvious I needed to be

JHF was never going to work with us, he stays and isn’t happy and we don’t have George. I’m ok with that

Reid on the other hand would have probably done his ACL in pre season had he gone to us.

Having said all that today is nowhere near rock bottom. There were signs today, it will happen it’s just going to take a long long time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF was never going to work with us, he stays and isn’t happy and we don’t have George. I’m ok with that

Reid on the other hand would have probably done his ACL in pre season had he gone to us.

Having said all that today is nowhere near rock bottom. There were signs today, it will happen it’s just going to take a long long time

Inch by inch

I’m not ready to stop lamenting RightWingRoo i think I got another 48/72 months lamenting about winning that GC game last round.
Harley is a freak, there's no doubting that.

But we need to give Zane 3 years to build his body, so we get the chance to see what he can be. If he reaches elite status along with Harry, George and Colby, things will be looking pretty good. The need to lament GC laying down and playing dead will dissipate.

This thread always makes me laugh. Rock Bottom is when you don't know where your next million bucks is coming from.
Let me tell you a story. Last year I heard on the wireless that Victoria was bringing in recycling stations for cans, bottles etc at 10 cents a pop. So rather than sitting around wriggling my thumbs, I got pro-active & through a mate who works at Aldi, I ordered 24 slabs of Fountain Dew. They arrived in Jan & since then, I've been sinking 10-12 cans of the stuff per day. No questions asked. Now obviously, I had to take into account freight charges & duty taxes and what not, but I'm calculating I'll realise a net profit of over $25 once I'm done. The one oversight was the effect all this soft drink would have on my blood sugars. But thankfully my little brother is a Type 1 diabetic, God bless him, so I just check my blood-glucose every few hours & if I notice a spike, I'll just grab a bit of his insulin & give myself a little jab. 5 minutes later - I'm brand new. And the real kicker is, the insulin costs me nothing, so it doesn't alter my profit, and my brother is none the wiser, so it's a win-win.

May i ask what supplements have you been taking, supplement like those taken by carey that fell out of his pocket...

I think it qualifies as rock bottom when you trully believe we will go winless for the season.

As for the signs today, yeh when we dominate centre clearance for a portion of the game we can stay close, when we start losing at stoppage and the ball flies into our back 50 we cop 5-6 in quick time.

I honestly dont see a sustainable way we can win a game of footy in 2024. We realistically cant dominate around the footy for a full 4 quarters and as soon as we lapse we get scored on heavily. We haven't stopped a single team from hitting 100 points this season.

Now to put that in perspective i believe we held teams to under 100 something like 11 times last season.

We're 1-30 in our last 31 games, if I can do basic maths... And that one win cost us Harley Reid

It's hard to feel like rock bottom when we have these young guys, though

What was disturbing today was I thought we played a good 1st Q, but Essendon had doubled our score!!!!
What was equally disturbing was watching an old dude ramming a fuel nozzle up his clacker whilst having a crank. His actions reminded me of what’s going on down at Hardon Street at the minute. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back