Recommitted Izak Rankine [contracted and staying at Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

This'll all blow over in a couple of weeks. Rankine was a pretty hard worker this preseason and worked hard during games even when not impacting. Just dropped off (quite) a bit the last few.

He'll smash a couple games out in the reserves, get back in the As and hit the preseason hard again. Next year he'll show marked important as part of an improving team.
I agree with that.

I just don't think the improving team will be Gold Coast.

Rankine was spotted at the Geelong training facilities this morning. He was eating a cheese and bacon sandwich and a soy latte while given a tour around the oval by Chris Scott and Joel Selwood. They finished the tour about 30 minutes ago, and by the end of it, Rankine was in tears as he fronted up to Scott and pleaded "Just get me here".

Bulldogs at ballarat...how many sides turn them over out there?
It's not about WB but how Crows play. 3rd QTR wind behind them and nothing, total play domination by WB. Fans of every club are optimistic but I foresee a long-term pain for Crows. Not that m opinion matters. Rankine would be mad to join them not that I believe he will leave Suns.

It's not about WB but how Crows play. 3rd QTR wind behind them and nothing, total play domination by WB. Fans of every club are optimistic but I foresee a long-term pain for Crows. Not that m opinion matters. Rankine would be mad to join them not that I believe he will leave Suns.
Bulldogs are the best side in the comp and put huge pressure on the ball carrier and around the ground. I was expecting a drubbing today and it still might be but at 3/4 time we have not rolled over and made the dogs work hard so far. Hit this draft and get more games into the kids and we will be fine.

We have not had the luxury of dozens of top 10.picks ever so have to do the rebuild the hard way

Will Izak ever play his best football at the Gold Coast?

If his career keeps tracking like it is, reckon he will want to head home at the end of this contract.

Reckon we will have a good idea half way through next season.

Rankine was spotted at the Geelong training facilities this morning. He was eating a cheese and bacon sandwich and a soy latte while given a tour around the oval by Chris Scott and Joel Selwood. They finished the tour about 30 minutes ago, and by the end of it, Rankine was in tears as he fronted up to Scott and pleaded "Just get me here".

Seeing 10 years into the future, special gift you have sir.

Met him and his family at the Alberton Hotel (short distance from Port's base) while we were watching Port v Geelong Qualifying Final last year. He left shortly after the game and I said to his family it's nice to see him around these parts and would love to see him alongside Rozee, Butters and Duursma. They said he will be. I said I thought he was a crows man and was told he is but doesn't want to play for them and a deal will be done at the end of 2021 with Port.

I asked again if they were for real and was given a nod and thumbs up.

Not sure Port need him but happy to pick him up.
Wow that sounds legit :tearsofjoy:

He's a player who is three years in and is getting dropped from a terrible side.

So far, hasn't fired a shot in his entire career.

Not sure how any club could ask for a first round pick with a straight face, especially if he walks out on them, unhappy.

That terrible side is above yours on the ladder and has signficantly better long term prospects. Why would he leave one to go to the other?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he just recently moved he’s partner to the coast I don’t see him going anywhere thats a clear sign on investment to me, think a young player getting sent to the twos can only be a good thing in the long run.

Nek minit..how good does GC's future look today

Also, no point in us moving him on this year when his value is at an all time low.

We are better to hold him, hope with an improving team next year with a competent ruckman pushing up the ladder that his form will improve.
How long is he contracted for ? Much better of trading someone when there still under contract otherwise you end up in a jack Martin type situation we’re you loose a lot of the bargaining power

People shitting on the character/personality of Rankine can get in the bin, you know nothing about him.

He is a young kid in his second year of actually playing, playing in a tough role in one of the worst teams.

He hasn't come in and dominated but he has been far from a bust. Give him time you flogs

Can see him ending up at one of the Melbourne clubs tbh.

I don’t think he’s nailed on to return to Adelaide.
I know North aren't exactly a destination club right now, but there's been some very promising signs recently and he's exactly the type they'd be chasing this off season. At the very least, he's got more chance of finals in the next couple of years being at North than the Suns

Bulldogs are the best side in the comp and put huge pressure on the ball carrier and around the ground. I was expecting a drubbing today and it still might be but at 3/4 time we have not rolled over and made the dogs work hard so far. Hit this draft and get more games into the kids and we will be fine.

We have not had the luxury of dozens of top 10.picks ever so have to do the rebuild the hard way
Good for you that you are happy with the performance.
Nek minit..how good does GC's future look today
Yes, that was easily the worst loss of the year. Nothing really changed my view about Suns and Crows future today. Suns list is loaded with talent. Add Witts and 8 best 22 missing today and they should be more than fine. It could be with or without Dew. Let's see how the clubs go next year. Good luck.

Good for you that you are happy with the performance.

Yes, that was easily the worst loss of the year. Nothing really changed my view about Suns and Crows future today. Suns list is loaded with talent. Add Witts and 8 best 22 missing today and they should be more than fine. It could be with or without Dew. Let's see how the clubs go next year. Good luck.
I dont disagree your list is loaded with talent but its useless unless you are able to get tge best out of it. The AFL should already be installing clarkson as your head coach and head of football for next year as he is the one guy that might be able to get the whole club singing from the same hymn sheet. Getting clarkson would be better than anything else they could do.

Re my club, its a rebuild and we are still aquiring the talent we need..so i am not going to dump on the club whilst this process happens

Also, no point in us moving him on this year when his value is at an all time low.

We are better to hold him, hope with an improving team next year with a competent ruckman pushing up the ladder that his form will improve.
I think GC have learned from Jack Martin. If he’s unhappy, you just let him go and get value .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back