Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

There's water in Melbourne as well i think.
What are you talking about? He hasn’t gone back home to Western Australia, he preferred to stay on the Gold Coast, so I don’t believe living on the Gold Coast is such terrible situation for him.

What are you talking about? He hasn’t gone back home to Western Australia, he preferred to stay on the Gold Coast, so I don’t believe living on the Gold Coast is such terrible situation for him.
I think you were the one who mentioned WA, but i do agree there's nothing wrong with the Gold Coast. Would you be silly enough to suggest that he hasn't got any family or friends in Melbourne?

Last edited:

I think you were the one who mentioned WA, but i do agree there's nothing wrong with the Gold Coast. Would you be silly enough to suggest that he hasn't got any family or friends in Melbourne.
Yeah he has s family member playing Carlton, but he is from Western Australia, while he is waiting for the the draft he had decided to live on the Gold Coast rather than go home to where he is from in Western Australia.

He has preferred to stay on the Gold Coast and he is enjoying himself there. My point is I don’t think he is desperate to leave the city, rather he would prefer to play for a team where the future of success looks better.

Are you reading what you’re replying to?

I’ll state it again for you.

He is not a free agent, he does not get free choice, he must enter the draft and get selected by the club with the first pick. He should sign a one year deal and get free agency next year
He clearly does not want to do you not understand that fact

He clearly does not want to do you not understand that fact
I understand that.

Do you understand there are rules in place? Rules that the players understand when they sign up to play in the AFL, rules that the players association signed off. If Jack wants free choice of where he wants to play, he can get that next year after spending 8 years in the system

Do you understand that fact?

I understand that.

Do you understand there are rules in place? Rules that the players understand when they sign up to play in the AFL, rules that the players association signed off. If Jack wants free choice of where he wants to play, he can get that next year after spending 8 years in the system

Do you understand that fact?
Yes I do but you seem to forget he doesn’t want to be there any longer

Be where?

Currently he is still on the Gold Coast, he hasn’t gone home to Western Australia, last night he was out at mermaid waters with Suns teammates.

Where does he not want be?

Be where?

Currently he is still on the Gold Coast, he hasn’t gone home to Western Australia, last night he was out at mermaid waters with Suns teammates.

Where does he not want be?
you obviously have missed something when he said he wanted to get to Carlton the demons did not mind chasing Langdon inside that 8 year period you keep banging on about

you obviously have missed something when he said he wanted to get to Carlton the demons did not mind chasing Langdon inside that 8 year period you keep banging on about
not sure why you are bringing the Demons up.
He’s not a free agent, he doesn’t get free choice to go to Carlton. He can get free choice next year if he signs a one year deal at the Gold Coast.

I think you missed something.
He could of got to play for Carlton next year, but Carlton did not get a trade done for him. He has to enter the draft where GC have the first pick.

He is better off signing a one year deal becoming a free agent next year than entering the draft and being selected by the Gold Coast on a longer term deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then he should of been open to going to other clubs that were prepared to trade for him
He's allowed to seek a trade wherever he wants at anytime he wants. Gold Coast have the right to knock him back anytime they want up to free agency. Seems you have a problem that he wants to go to Carlton and that my friend is your problem.

He's allowed to seek a trade wherever he wants at anytime he wants. Gold Coast have the right to knock him back anytime they want up to free agency. Seems you have a problem that he wants to go to Carlton and that my friend is your problem.
He can request to go to Carlton, Carlton didn’t get a trade for him so now he has to abide by the rules that are in place.

I have no problem with him going to Carlton, why would I? I just don’t see how he won’t be playing on the Gold Coast next year as they have pick 1, that’s all I’m saying.

Looks like he will not play for 12 months then
Why would he take 12 months off? Not get paid for 12 months, not train at AFL level for 12 months?

He can request to go to Carlton, Carlton didn’t get a trade for him so now he has to abide by the rules that are in place.

I have no problem with him going to Carlton, why would I? I just don’t see how he won’t be playing on the Gold Coast next year as they have pick 1, that’s all I’m saying.
How many players have been picked up by there original clubs in the PSD? I wouldn't think it would be many.

Never said it did or that Carlton’s offer was unreasonable.
But taking away a clubs right to redraft their player would give them even less leverage in the future.

The evidence suggests that threats to redraft a player provides no negotiating benefit in the modern game.

You can’t have less than a meaningful zero.

So if the trades get done every year, what is the point of the rule change you are proposing?

Sounds like a knee jerk reaction to the very minor chance that GC redraft Martin to screw carlton over.

It wouldn’t be screwing Carlton over. It would be screwing Martin over.

If you see something that’s not right, serves no purpose and has a simple fix, you fix it, not wait for it to blow up in your face because you consider the probability of such to be low.

It really surprises me now many Carlton's fans can read Martin's mind and know what are his feelings and want he wants. I did not like his body language the second half of the year and I personally hope he leaves Suns and can play his best somewhere which is actually bloody fantastic.

Martin reminds me May and Lynch. He's been with Suns from the start and appears mentally fatiqued from not tasting success. He likes GC and teamates though. When people talk about Betts they forget Harbrow who Martin has enormous respect for and has been his mentor for years. Martin love nothing more than fire on the river bank with his buddies.

If Martin was 100% sure he leaves he would not be meeting with Dew in coming days. So there is still possibility that he stays. There could be appeal of Rowell and Anderson, add Greenwood, B Ellis, extra preseason into Ainsworth, Bowes, Ballard, Powell, Brodie, Fiorini, King, Luko, Rankine and most importantly a good run with injuries and Suns are on the way up.

One aspect people forget that no player wants to be dragged through to PSD. I listened to Greenwood podcast. There was the possibily that he could go to PSD too. He was very relieved it did not happen. Carlton fans believe it's 100% Suns faults which in my mind is naive. Looking at SOS face after deadline he was genuinely shocked. I suspect he expected that Suns were bluffing. It's is also interesting that Martin's agent suggested that teams simply run out of time. This would suggest that Marin was not Carlton's priority and were focused on Papley deal dependant on Daniher deal. It almost looks like Martin was seriously discussed only in the last 30 min - 1hr.

It really surprises me now many Carlton's fans can read Martin's mind and know what are his feelings and want he wants. I did not like his body language the second half of the year and I personally hope he leaves Suns and can play his best somewhere which is actually bloody fantastic.

Martin reminds me May and Lynch. He's been with Suns from the start and appears mentally fatiqued from not tasting success. He likes GC and teamates though. When people talk about Betts they forget Harbrow who Martin has enormous respect for and has been his mentor for years. Martin love nothing more than fire on the river bank with his buddies.

If Martin was 100% sure he leaves he would not be meeting with Dew in coming days. So there is still possibility that he stays. There could be appeal of Rowell and Anderson, add Greenwood, B Ellis, extra preseason into Ainsworth, Bowes, Ballard, Powell, Brodie, Fiorini, King, Luko, Rankine and most importantly a good run with injuries and Suns are on the way up.

One aspect people forget that no player wants to be dragged through to PSD. I listened to Greenwood podcast. There was the possibily that he could go to PSD too. He was very relieved it did not happen. Carlton fans believe it's 100% Suns faults which in my mind is naive. Looking at SOS face after deadline he was genuinely shocked. I suspect he expected that Suns were bluffing. It's is also interesting that Martin's agent suggested that teams simply run out of time. This would suggest that Marin was not Carlton's priority and were focused on Papley deal dependant on Daniher deal. It almost looks like Martin was seriously discussed only in the last 30 min - 1hr.
Martin has stated what he wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back