Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade didn’t get done.
Expect Agresta to get the blame on this one at the Blues. SOS will clean it up with an exorbitant contract offer that no club will match via the pre season draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the first glaring mistake SOS has made at Carlton and it’s a pretty massive mistake. Pressure is on him big time going forward you would think...

Surely Martin will get picked up in the ND before we even get to the PSD?

Lol Carlton, SOS can’t get the Papley or Martin deal done, even with 15 and Martin on offer. Both clubs look dumb but failing to get 2 big fish is twice as dumb. Suns have every right to get into Martins ear and say what they offered and welcome back to the Suns., enjoy your time in the NEAFL tossbag

GC lose him for nothing.

In what world is he worth a top 10 pick albeit along with 15.
There's very little difference between #9 and #15 IMO. You'd have a point if it was like #9 with #35 going back, or if it was #3, but a 6 pick hit isn't that much.

Admittedly your hand is still a decent one in the PSD. But still....

Got to laugh at posters claiming it's a massive fail for SOS and Carlton.

I'm happy that we stick to our (reasonable) valuations, especially for OoC, underachievers to this point in their career. Sure, I wanted him and at Carlton and that still may happen, depending on Melbourne's salary cap I reckon. But you simply do not just bend to the will of other clubs because... reasons.

Absolutely stand by what I posted last night...

Think this one may struggle to get done if GC hold out for a first round pick outright. I can absolutely see SOS and co. walking away.

There is the tricky situation of having a player commit to you and not being able to facilitate a trade, however an outright first is over the odds for an OoC Martin and sometimes you've got to know when to fold them, know when to run. I doubt any club except GC thinks Martin is worth that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back