Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry but, there needs to be some sort of inquiry into Clarkson and his 'disciples' helping him at every turn. First Leon Cameron with Scully, now Scrimshaw, Bolton helping out with O'Meara, it never ends. How is this not collusion? How can a former number 7 draft pick get traded for absolutely nothing, 2 years after he was drafted? Absolute ******* joke.
giphy.gif

The future pick rule I believe is if you trade out the first you can’t trade any other future picks.

So I believe this makes their 1sts off the table but not their other future picks ie 2nd or 4th etc
You can get AFL permission, it's just so teams don't do stupid deals

O’Meara - ha ha s**t trade
Scrimshaw and Scully - investigate Hawthorn

Ok....
Idiot. The O'Meara trade only happened because Bolton gave Clarkson a handy under the table with pretty much the most transparent bit of collusion in trade history. You never would have got O'Meara without Bolton helping out. Regardless of if you overpaid. That wasn't exempt from the conversation.

The kid hated it up there, was desperate to come home.

Then why sign a 2 year extension at big $'s? F me these kids are soft

Could potentially be a real steal for the Hawks, but if he's downed tools at the Suns, hard to see him having the mental application to come good

I'm sorry but, there needs to be some sort of inquiry into Clarkson and his 'disciples' helping him at every turn. First Leon Cameron with Scully, now Scrimshaw, Bolton helping out with O'Meara, it never ends. How is this not collusion? How can a former number 7 draft pick get traded for absolutely nothing, 2 years after he was drafted? Absolute ******* joke.

Top shelf melt :D

Then why sign a 2 year extension at big $'s? F me these kids are soft

Could potentially be a real steal for the Hawks, but if he's downed tools at the Suns, hard to see him having the mental application to come good

May be the case, but it's basically a free hit. If the kid is happy it gives him the best possible chance in a professional environment.

Anyone else feel like Hawthorn pulling a Geelong? Trying desperately not to fall off and remain relevant by neglecting the draft and just trading in players each year?

Going to have a list of a couple of superstars surrounded by cloggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else feel like Hawthorn pulling a Geelong? Trying desperately not to fall off and remain relevant by neglecting the draft and just trading in players each year?

They were pulling a Geelong before we were pulling a Geelong lol. People are only catching on now.

By bringing in a highly rated young player?

They were pulling a Geelong before we were pulling a Geelong lol. People are only catching on now.

Albeit considerably more successful and only 3 seasons after the three peat (it’s been 7 seasons between flags hasn’t it?

Whilst Hawthorn sign up Wingard, Scully and put a play in for Cogs Geelong has Chris Scott for another 4 years :thumbsu:

Has the potential to surpass our pick swap with Gold Coast last year as one of the worst trading decisions in modern AFL history.

If the ladder positions remain the same as this year Hawks pick up a potential star for five pick downgrade somewhere in the 50s. Madness from Gold Coast again, it's like a going out of business sale up there.

Low risk, potential high reward trade, good work by the Hawks

If it doesn't come off they've blown a few more $$$'s than they should've, but no big deal

And yet Hawthorn surges up the ladder while Geelong slide down down like the Coles commercials :D

Albeit considerably more successful and only 3 seasons after the three peat (it’s been 7 seasons between flags hasn’t it?

Whilst Hawthorn sign up Wingard, Scully and put a play in for Cogs Geelong has Chris Scott for another 4 years :thumbsu:

Once Roughy, Birchall, Burgoyne, Frawley, McEvoy, Smith, Stratton and Puopolo all retire, along with Duryea and possibly Ceglar being traded, then that surge will come to a quick halt. You have two years max before that group is done. Then who will you have? You can trade in as many players on the cheap as you want, but you can't replace that many integral players without bottoming out. We'll experience it too, but at least we hit the draft a few times.

Why exactly would you trade a player taken at pick 7 just 2 years ago for a future 3rd and 4th?

Off field issues some will say and yet when I read he's a Hawthorn supporter and a lovely kick the cynic in me suggests his off field issues will magically disappear now and this has been somewhat orchestrated by those involved.

Something stinks, while clubs continue to enjoy the opportunity to bend over for Hawthorn.

Dew the fat f*** just the latest. Squeal piggy squeal.

Why exactly would you trade a player taken at pick 7 just 2 years ago for a future 3rd and 4th?

Off field issues some will say and yet when I read he's a Hawthorn supporter and a lovely kick the cynic in me suggests his off field issues will magically disappear now and this has been somewhat orchestrated by those involved.

Something stinks, while clubs continue to enjoy the opportunity to bend over for Hawthorn.

Dew the fat f*** just the latest. Squeal piggy squeal.
Spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back