Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd use your first round pick for a guy who has said he only wants to play at another club, and who can use his knee as an excuse to get paid while not playing?

2nd round punt I can understand, but 1st round?
Well hasn't JOM's manager openly said he'd be open to play at Essendon thru the PSD

What's the reported figure O'meara will be on?

Depends who you ask really haha
Well hasn't JOM's manager openly said he'd be open to play at Essendon thru the PSD
There was early talk about his manager pushing him hard towards Essendon, dont know if all that is just hot air to try and bully GC to make a deal with Hawthorn and avoid getting nothing or not

Depends who you ask really haha

There was early talk about his manager pushing him hard towards Essendon, dont know if all that is just hot air to try and bully GC to make a deal with Hawthorn and avoid getting nothing or not
aren't you worried about him not playing footy for two years, Would be an amazing comeback if he plays all games next year.

aren't you worried about him not playing footy for two years, Would be an amazing comeback if he plays all games next year.
Me personally? There are always doubts over taking a bloke who hasn't played for even one year. When they took Burgoyne he had only played about 9 games the year before and he walked in on crutches but they were able to get him right and despite him missing the first part of that next season he has barely missed a game since then. The same with Burton, drafter him with the understanding that he was predicted to go top 10 before his injury and have managed to get him right despite him going in mid season for surgery to remove screws in the leg.

Think Hawks are in a position to take the risk and have realized the rewards out way the risks. If Hawthorns medical staff and fitness guys say they can get him back to near his best then I would back them in to get that done

And he lasted into the 30s and went to Collingwood.

Luke Ball was in his mid 20's, asking crazy money and had an underwhelming career. Would be lucky to be anywhere near the top 50 in the league in his whole career. Jaeger is potentially a top 5 player in the league, it won't get to that as the Hawks will fold, but there would be plenty of clubs willing to take the risk on him

Me personally? There are always doubts over taking a bloke who hasn't played for even one year. When they took Burgoyne he had only played about 9 games the year before and he walked in on crutches but they were able to get him right and despite him missing the first part of that next season he has barely missed a game since then. The same with Burton, drafter him with the understanding that he was predicted to go top 10 before his injury and have managed to get him right despite him going in mid season for surgery to remove screws in the leg.

Think Hawks are in a position to take the risk and have realized the rewards out way the risks. If Hawthorns medical staff and fitness guys say they can get him back to near his best then I would back them in to get that done
I suppose he's worth the punt.
Tom Mitchell has struggled for years with knee tendinitis and he seems to be going ok now

O'Meara will be at hawthorn either trade or psd or what ever.
GCS complain about all the work they put into him and what they gave to get him. say they want to be more than fairly compensated….or they let him walk…..seems kinda weird doesn't it?
also O'Meara's manager has said that there is no plan B he only wants to go to the hawks so the ball is majorly in our side of the court. massive advantage.

GCS complain about all the work they put into him and what they gave to get him. say they want to be more than fairly compensated….or they let him walk…..seems kinda weird doesn't it?
also O'Meara's manager has said that there is no plan B he only wants to go to the hawks so the ball is majorly in our side of the court. massive advantage.

Just because someone hits you a juicy shallow court return doesn't mean you win the point. You still have to pick the right shot and execute. I've seen many players hit overhead smashes into the net or over the baseline. Don't get too penisy.

Graeme Wright has previously stated that the appropriate deal will be done so I'd assume Hawks 1st rounder next year and a player
GC Doesn't really need the pick this year anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy still struggles with it
Thats what I mean, can be managed but likely wont ever be 100% it jepodized my very promising D grade cricket career a few years back, its a shocking thing because you feel like youre good to go then bang its back but even without proper medical work I was able to move past it eventually and am now pain free as I am sure JOM will be too eventually

Thats what I mean, can be managed but likely wont ever be 100% it jepodized my very promising D grade cricket career a few years back, its a shocking thing because you feel like youre good to go then bang its back but even without proper medical work I was able to move past it eventually and am now pain free as I am sure JOM will be too eventually
Is it just tendonitis now? Didn't he do something else last year?

This is Hawthorn's means of getting A grade talent given there draft position hasn't been in the Top 5 for years. Trading and drafting (and using free agency - Frawley and Franklin) gets you up the ladder as long as you trade for A Grade talent. Generally drafting moves you about in roughly the same spot. Drafting is romantic and excites the draft junkies but trading gets you up the ladder. Dangerfield is 2017's example.

Just because someone hits you a juicy shallow court return doesn't mean you win the point. You still have to pick the right shot and execute. I've seen many players hit overhead smashes into the net or over the baseline. Don't get too penisy.
why not? pretty adamant that he wants to a hawk and only a hawk. a trade will probably get done but if not…..we will still get him :)!

Luke Ball was in his mid 20's, asking crazy money and had an underwhelming career. Would be lucky to be anywhere near the top 50 in the league in his whole career. Jaeger is potentially a top 5 player in the league, it won't get to that as the Hawks will fold, but there would be plenty of clubs willing to take the risk on him

like Tippet ?

he snapped the tendon or something from memory? Someone will be able to tell you exactly what the injury was
He had a ruptured patella tendon, more common with NFL players.
Gary Buckenara done one when he was 25 and couldn't bend his leg properly again , he had a knee replacement 8 years later.
Also mentioned that you tend to tear quad muscles after.

He had a ruptured patella tendon, more common with NFL players.
Gary Buckenara done one when he was 25 and couldn't bend his leg properly again , he had a knee replacement 8 years later.
Also mentioned that you tend to tear quad muscles after.
Yep that would make sense if you cant bend the knee fully as the muscle wouldnt have the same amount of elasticity in it. Medical practices have come a long way since Bucky so will be interesting to see going forward how he progresses. He wont be rushed thats for sure

Yep that would make sense if you cant bend the knee fully as the muscle wouldnt have the same amount of elasticity in it. Medical practices have come a long way since Bucky so will be interesting to see going forward how he progresses. He wont be rushed thats for sure
Treatment is a lot better these days for sure, Bucky did say he struggled for two years after so Jaegers had that two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back