Player Watch Jake Soligo - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh come on man, you say lets not get carried away ( you are right) and then you do the same thing
Look, I get Im prob being disrespectful to the little master here. But the way Butters is going, it wouldn’t shock me if he edges beyond Robbie Gray territory as Port’s best ever player.

+6 years!?

o_O

We should have these byes more often :grin:

farrell-happy-gif.588149

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Tasmania spooking the league?

These very long contract extensions seem to becoming more common.
Kind of seems like it

That said, we’d have to be incredibly confident in the player to give them such a long-term deal in the first place, and Soligo has given reason to be confident in his abilities

Love this! Jake has well and truly exceeded my expectations already. If he can keep improving at the same rate he will be a top 20 player in the comp in the next 3-4 years.

The younger kids are all loving it at the club atm and this shows with commitments like this. The longer we can keep the core group of kids together the better they will become.

Kind of seems like it

That said, we’d have to be incredibly confident in the player to give them such a long-term deal in the first place, and Soligo has given reason to be confident in his abilities
The club has always had a huge opinion of Soligo from draft , to his first pre season and debuting round 1

Must really have the work rate and mental ability they can trust , oh and a great talent

Remember when he debuted in round one and came on as the sub in round 2 in 2022 and looked miles off it?

Good vision by the coaching staff all in all.
They clearly knew they had a player in preseason when they signed him on for 2 more years without playing a single match. When it was announced with Rachele doing the same extending a pick 6 made sense, but was pretty big statement to sign a pick 36 player like that.

It's also quite humorous both are copying each other and seem to spend every waking hour with each other.

Remember when he debuted in round one and came on as the sub in round 2 in 2022 and looked miles off it?

Good vision by the coaching staff all in all.
I remember him getting Sam Gray comparisons on the Port board when he was drafted

Fair to say he’s exceeded those expectations lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back