Traded Jarrad Witts [traded to Gold Coast for picks 44 & 62]

Remove this Banner Ad

But he's 209cm's tall!

Let's not let the fact he'd run away from an ant come into our delusions of his worth.

The other problem is that the ant would catch him. :p

But he's 209cm's tall!

Let's not let the fact he'd run away from an ant come into our delusions of his worth.
Spot on. Just doesn't seem to have the appetite for the contest that good first rucks have. Think Mumford, Goldstein, Gawn.
Doesn't seem to have the forward nous to be seen as a forward/ruck either.
So what trade value do you place on a back up ruckman?

Spot on. Just doesn't seem to have the appetite for the contest that good first rucks have. Think Mumford, Goldstein, Gawn.
Doesn't seem to have the forward nous to be seen as a forward/ruck either.
So what trade value do you place on a back up ruckman?

Has to be around pick 50 - 60ish

It will be interesting to see his trade value. Has been in exceptional form in the VFL for the past month, obviously kept out of the seniors due to Grundy's exceptional form.
Had 59 hitouts, 21 disposals and 2 goals yesterday against Haretuku from Port Melbourne, who's one of the better VFL listed ruckmen.

Will be traded for WHE.

How do you know this? You got any mail?
FWIW, GWS post Lobb would need Witts a lot more than we'd need WHE, it pains me to see Witts in another clubs colours, I'd expect pick swaps our way.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know this? You got any mail?
FWIW, GWS post Lobb would need Witts a lot more than we'd need WHE, it pains me to see Witts in another clubs colours, I'd expect pick swaps our way.

I did get told by a mate that I trust, but as we all know, until it's done, it's speculation and is not certain.

WHE has a lot of ability, but that may not be enough for him to achieve a meaningful afl career.
Witts will soon be entering the prime years for a ruckman, and has shown enough to suggest that he could prove an astute pick up.

Please, WHE actually has some trade value.
You're seriously obsessed with big men in black and white colors.
First Grundy now Witts
Not sure what kind of weird fetish you have but leave these 2 alone thanks.

As I said earlier in the thread, unless he's really keen to go, or there's a great offer that comes up for him, I'd rather just keep him. There's no shame in having good serviceable depth, and no obligation to share it around, either.

Problem is would he want to stay and be the Back-Up for Grundy when he came be the Number 1 Ruck at another Club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back