Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Your club made a poor drafting decision but the days of when you could expect a premium for JHF has sailed. Your own recruitment team realised this and walked out after being the patsy for a decision where they were over-ruled in last year's trade period.

I think if you are landing two first round draft picks and a fringe player then you are receiving a massive overs. Whilst, JHF was a number one draft pick he has not enhanced his value but rather has significantly dented it, from the outside he seems to be difficult to coach and petulant. His performances to date, whilst not disastrous for a first year player, I think most would have expected more given that he had been playing SANFL seniors and the reputation.

What you have in JHF is a player who does not pick up a lot of possessions and seems to be continuing the same way he was in the SANFL, decent footballer but only picking up roughly 15 or so possessions a game. So North are selling potential and he should improve but a trade deal of the one described is a good return rather than to have a player hanging around who doesn't want to be there.

Ultimately, the trade will happen because Port need it this season and North want him out given he is on the nose with his teammates and supporters.

North were not selling anything.

Port are trying to bring in a potential multiple club B&F winner, an impact player who can turn games, a potential Brownlow winner. A minimum 10 year talent.

That's why they chased and that why their contract offer is so large.

I don't think given that a Judd like expectation is unrealistic.

If you stop ******* around he will be. So annoying how clubs do this.

i dont understand the carry on from Port Adelaide

The deal could honestly already be done and AFL want it to get done on the last day to increase the click bait and attention.

Would you put that past the AFL ..?

Pass. Don’t want 8 for 14 and 17. We are getting taken with no lube there. Why would we as well there’s hardly someone we need
Okay, so to be clear;

8 + first rounder for pick 2 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, you have to pay a premium to upgrade picks in the first round, why would West Coast ever do that?

14 + 17 for 8 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, why would anybody give up a first rounder just for an upgrade of a few picks?

The double standards are hilarious.

ort have unique leverage in this deal compared to prior negotiations regarding a contracted player. This is a young kid touted as a generational player that clearly does not want to be at north.

My guess is that North will accept the two firsts + Sinn.
I'm not against 8, F1 and Sinn.... but Port doesn't want to let Sinn go which is a sticking point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North were not selling anything.

Port are trying to bring in a potential multiple club B&F winner, an impact player who can turn games, a potential Brownlow winner. A minimum 10 year talent.

That's why they chased and that why their contract offer is so large.

I don't think given that a Judd like expectation is unrealistic.
Yes, North were not selling anything but the reality is that circumstances have moved on, and your hand has been forced. Your not the first club to find themselves in this situation, and it was presumably the reason why your recruitment team last year identified JHF as a flight risk and recommended you take the Adelaide offer.

What your claiming about JHF could be said about every first round draft pick in that they have the potential to be a multiple club B&F winner and potentially a Brownlow winner. It is also equally true that he may not reach his potential (which he didn't show a lot of in his first AFL season) and could just as easily pick up an injury that deprives him of the ability to be an impact player who can turn games.

I think back on the claims made about O'Meara when he burst onto the scene but after injury and poor rehabilitation he has become no where near the player many him were projecting him to be.

Okay, so to be clear;

8 + first rounder for pick 2 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, you have to pay a premium to upgrade picks in the first round, why would West Coast ever do that?

14 + 17 for 8 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, why would anybody give up a first rounder just for an upgrade of a few picks?

The double standards are hilarious.

Amazing, not all first rounders are equal, and those at the very top end are worth significantly more.

Sounds like North want pick 2. Guarantees them Wardlaw/Sheezel and Cadman. It'll be 8 + F1 for 2 BUT we need some sort of sweetener as well and that's what needs to be discussed and finalised imo.
I probably prefer to take Rioli out the trade and just do like 8 and future 1st and later picks for pick 2

Just send Rioli to the PSD, if he gets picked up elsewhere, meh.

Won’t happen though, all 3 clubs will work it out

Sounds like North want pick 2. Guarantees them Wardlaw/Sheezel and Cadman. It'll be 8 + F1 for 2 and Rioli sent to Port BUT we need something for Rioli in that deal which is what will be discussed this weekend I think.
I think you are the first poster to see this as a possibility. I would be happy to do this and add something else in. Obviously our next highest pick is 33. But I still don’t think north take just pick 2. Might be able to convince the afl to let us trade f2 as well and give that with 2.

Nah. Your mob are really something else. Your club appears no different.
All of the most ridiculous suggestions in this thread have come from North or West Coast fans.

Two mid-firsts for JHF isn't enough but it's a damn sight closer to a reasonable deal than things like 5 + 8 + Marshall, 2 + first rounder + Sinn, or two firsts + Georgiades which have all been posted by opposition fans in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back