Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

I haven't seen footage of them giving up. Which players stopped chasing that you listed above?
I'm sure you would have done if there had been an entire supporter base rabidly watching their every move looking at reasons to slam them like there is with Horne-Francis.

Every player in the league gives up on chases or contests every now and then. They're human, they can't go at 100% effort for 100% of the time over a full two hour game of football. The only difference between them and JHF is that they don't have a bunch of sad middle aged men combing through footage of their matches so they can find small instances they can point to to abuse a teenager on the internet.

Pretty much this, if you're not prepared to accept criticism when he plays poorly, you should probably cool your jets when he plays well.

You would think Port/JHF would just put their heads down and let the initial season heat from the Melbourne media blow over.

But no, Cornes has doubled down on the pressure all preaseason and then absolutely couldn't help himself last week. There's then been smart ass social media posts and interviews from JHF in the pre-season and last week from he and Rioli.

They literally couldn't have had a better Rnd 1.

Did they keep their head down?

No, they used it as an opportunity to fire back, which only feeds the media as soon as it goes wrong, which was only 7 days later as it happens.....

If there's one thing Victorian football fans, regardless of club allegiances can get behind, it's hanging s**t on South Australians.

The SA media bit back after the booing in the Collingwood game, you can guarantee every Victorian club boo's him now......

The more Port fans get upset about it, the louder the boos will grow I imagine.

I'm sure you would have done if there had been an entire supporter base rabidly watching their every move looking at reasons to slam them like there is with Horne-Francis.

Every player in the league gives up on chases or contests every now and then. They're humans, they can't go at 100% effort for 100% of a two hour game of football. The only difference between them and JHF is that they don't have a bunch of sad middle aged men combing through footage of their matches so they can find small instances they can point to to abuse a teenager on the internet.
"rabidly watching" settle down!!! It was on all the footy shows last night.

If your happy with that footage - especially the Noble chase - then it looks like JHF has found the perfect football club to play for.

The biggest issue for the Kid is Kane Cornes in all honesty, If he doesn't try and hype him up to be the best player the games had when he plays a good game and actually gets stuck into him when he has an absolute shocker on the weekend I don't think many people outside of North would care.

Kane has put a target on his back as he is a fairly disliked figure already and I can only see the booing and pressure getting bogger on the kid because of it

port could have had phillpou plus there soon to be top 10 pick over this guy

Your exact same comment on the main board thread on Phillipou wasn’t enough you had to come and post the exact same thing in a different thread?

This is a perfect example of the pile on affect toward JHF at the moment. Certain individuals going out of their way as much as possible to just pile on sh*t in every thread possible.

Get over it North. Port are happy and North are happy with their returns.

Your exact same comment on the main board thread on Phillipou wasn’t enough you had to come and post the exact same thing in a different thread?

This is a perfect example of the pile on affect toward JHF at the moment. Certain individuals going out of their way as much as possible to just pile on sh*t in every thread possible.

Get over it North. Port are happy and North are happy with their returns.
enjoy the pile on
make your bed now lie in it

and part of the blame as above someone mentioned is fireman kornes who should stfu

port could have had phillpou plus there soon to be top 10 pick over this guy
Wow, really? We could have? Oh boy gee mister, thanks for letting us know!

I'm sure North could swap Sheezel for two players who aren't as good as Sheezel too if they wanted. What's your point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizarre? Have you seen the footage of him giving up on chasing and not trying? Port wasn't getting smashed last week.
Yes, bizarre. Well actually not really, most of us have been around long enough to know you're a troll with very little by way of substance.

I've watched both his games. Port wasn't getting smashed in R1?

As for crying - I for 1 am very happy how this has turned out. Lay down Sally has more to give than JHF when things get really tough.
Oh yes. Clearly you're very happy.

He's living rent free in your head. It's a bit sad really.

Wow, really? We could have? Oh boy gee mister, thanks for letting us know!

I'm sure Norf could swap Sheezel for two players who aren't as good as Sheezel too if they wanted. What's your point?
point is that phillipou and a top 10 pick looks a better deal then having the sook in your team

point is that phillipou and a top 10 pick looks a better deal then having the sook in your team
Only if you're an idiot with no idea about football, so it makes sense that you'd think so.

Pretty hilarious that you're even still in this thread after how embarrassingly wrong all your predictions were last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if you're an idiot with no idea about football, so it makes sense that you'd think so.

Pretty hilarious that you're even still in this thread after how embarrassingly wrong all your predictions were last year.
what predictions are you referring to?

you are living in denial but thanks for the top 10 pick

close thread clarko will keep this lad

cant say im too concerned, clarko will get him extended asap once he officially starts

lol he ain’t going anywhere

In awe of clarko

Lol we still talking about this?

Clarko will lock this bloke in

lol the bloke is in awe of clarko, he gets to play for the best coach of the modern era and arguably ever

pony up sinn or butters or see you in 12 months where we will have crows bidding also

Yep it’s pretty simple pony up a quality young player or gtfo

holding him to his contract and either turning him around next year or letting others bid next year

They’re going to have to give up one of their “untouchables”

Port recruiters are too dumb to understand how trading works

This ain’t getting done if port still can’t fathom losing something they don’t want to lose (to any club)

Maybe next time they go after a contracted player they might actually understand you have to make the other club want to accept your deal by offering overs

We’ll be the ones deciding if a deal gets done

Port nuffies on here still don’t understand we have the final say and the leverage

The onus is on them to pay overs and more than what’s on the table now

I think port have finally come to the conclusion they need to give up a decent player to someone or this deal doesn’t happen

Now we wait for them to convince someone to go or it doesn’t happen

Yeah I reckon The only way this gets done is if port loop in saints to get involved with hunter Clark to us

The other way being of course that port finally coughs up a decent player

At this stage it looks like he is staying just like JHF

Now if you want to change either then port need to start figuring it out with the saints
Do you need me to go on, Nostradumbass?

Do you need me to go on, Nostradumbass?
oh yes this was before the clarko scandal broke out and he had an excuse to leave

then we ended up getting a better deal than i thought by involving the other clubs

now making the sook your problem and leaving you with no draft collateral

Yes, bizarre. Well actually not really, most of us have been around long enough to know you're a troll with very little by way of substance.

I've watched both his games. Port wasn't getting smashed in R1?

Oh yes. Clearly you're very happy.

He's living rent free in your head. It's a bit sad really.
I don't need to produce substance when the footage speaks for itself.

2 goals is down at half time is not getting smashed. Pies were up by 8 goals at half time - thats a smashing.

As for rent free - we have 2 great kids coming through, get to death ride flaky Port and we won our 1st 2 games. Yeah things are golden for me......

I don't need to produce substance when the footage speaks for itself.

2 goals is down at half time is not getting smashed. Pies were up by 8 goals at half time - thats a smashing.

As for rent free - we have 2 great kids coming through, get to death ride flaky Port and we won our 1st 2 games. Yeah things are golden for me......

Somebody didn't watch the game - no real surprise there.

Yes, rent free. It's plainly obvious. Time to let it go, Billy - troll elsewhere I reckon.

Imagine being so jealous and insecure that nearly 6 months after leaving your club you’re still obsessed and crying over a now opposition player

North supporters give that obsessed ex boyfriend vibes. He is 19, he is gunna have good games and bad ones. We didn’t buy him for this year

The biggest issue for the Kid is Kane Cornes in all honesty, If he doesn't try and hype him up to be the best player the games had when he plays a good game and actually gets stuck into him when he has an absolute shocker on the weekend I don't think many people outside of North would care.

Kane has put a target on his back as he is a fairly disliked figure already and I can only see the booing and pressure getting bogger on the kid because of it

Don't think Kane will be too objective when it comes to Cornes-Francis anytime soon...

332927828_741518007363326_6023424460632266581_n.jpg

Imagine being so jealous and insecure that nearly 6 months after leaving your club you’re still obsessed and crying over a now opposition player

North supporters give that obsessed ex boyfriend vibes. He is 19, he is gunna have good games and bad ones. We didn’t buy him for this year

Nothing says obsessed like making a 19 year old kid your profile picture.

No obsessed is looking through a whole game of football and seeing 1 act where JHF looks like he doesn’t put a 100% effort and bumping old threads.

a) that's really not an accurate description of what has happened here lol.
b) the repeated knock on JHF is his s**t attitude and lack of effort. So yes, when there's an obvious example of that happening in a game, it's going to be highlighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back