Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I'm sick of all the desperation to label the kid and put pressure on him. This is his first full preseason, and it's only his 3rd year. He's got a long way to go. We know the potential is there, but I'm certainly not putting any expectations on him other than he keeps improving. If by year 5 he's not in our best couple players then I'd be disappointed. There's a lot of time left for him. Don't need to expect miracles and brownlows.
I don’t think any of us are doing that intentionally at least. At least on my part, I’m mainly just excited because of how ******* good he was without even getting to do a preseason in his first two years, and he quickly rose up to become my favourite player on this team. It genuinely does feel like he could live up to and exceed pre draft expectations which were already sky high, and so far he’s tracking to easily be a top 2 player in his draft class. I don’t like lumping expectations on any player because I’m a big believer that every player who is elite in any sport has only gotten there because their system believed in them and they were given ample opportunity, so I’m treading a fine line here when I talk about JHF’s ceiling, but realistically even if he is only in our top 5-10 players in x amount of years, I’m sure he’d still be a great player with a great list around him.

Unrelated but Connor Rozee named JHF as the young teammate most likely to be a future captain in the captains survey earlier in the week. With Connor being the youngest captain in the league, you’d be hard pressed to find a player younger than him earmarked for captaincy (the whole leadership group is his age or older), but * yeah I can see this happening, I love players who hate losing.
IMG_2227.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back