Free Agency Joe Daniher [RFA to Brisbane for 1st round compensation pick]

Going or staying?

• going

Votes: 166 91.2%
  • staying

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, with dinosaurs like Heeney, Dawson, Mills, Papley, Florent and Hewett on the list we're f’ed. Not like Essendon have some level of reliance on Hooker, Hurley and Bellchambers who are all 30+. If anything you were comfortably MORE reliant on these players last season than we were our 30+ crowd. Your point makes no sense.

Rampe turns 30 one week before the season starts, but is in his prime at the moment due to being drafted late. It's not like we haven't had to prepare for a future without Buddy for a number of seasons now. You really like cherry-picking facts to suit your argument, huh?

Based on what logic do we rely on Hooker, Hurley and Bellchambers as much as Rampe, Kennedy and Buddy?

Based on what logic do we rely on Hooker, Hurley and Bellchambers as much as Rampe, Kennedy and Buddy?
Based on the fact that all of them spend comfortably more time on the field than Buddy does at the moment? Based on the fact that KPPs, particularly KPPs that can be used at either end of the ground, are the hardest players in the comp to replace?

Thought they were crazy not to do the deal at the time and if he doesn't get back on the park this year it could be end up being a really really costly decision.

I was all for trading Joe last year and now it looks like it's going to backfire. If Joe decides to leave and we get fck all for him compared to what we got offered last year than Dodoro needs to be sacked.

I was all for trading Joe last year and now it looks like it's going to backfire. If Joe decides to leave and we get fck all for him compared to what we got offered last year than Dodoro needs to be sacked.
Yeah that is the sort of decision that can cost someone a job, see less of it in Australian sports though so doubt it would happen.

Yeah that is the sort of decision that can cost someone a job, see less of it in Australian sports though so doubt it would happen.

True if he were to go it wouldn't be just based on Joes decision has been at the club for nearly 20 years and not once in his tenure as list manager has he built a list that can contend imo.

I’m all for moving on Dodoro because why wouldn’t we at this point but I’m not sure the blame for the non Daniher trade falls on his shoulders.

I’m all for moving on Dodoro because why wouldn’t we at this point but I’m not sure the blame for the non Daniher trade falls on his shoulders.
Well hard to kNow from the outside who the final decision was made by, you would assume him but whoever it was should be held accountable.

Well hard to kNow from the outside who the final decision was made by, you would assume him but whoever it was should be held accountable.
It seems as if everyone at the club that had an input (and I daresay Caracella, Rutten, Worsfold, Richardson, whoever else high up in the footy department and even the medical department) into the deal. And the fact remains, we needed a pick and potentially someone like Reid to be part of the deal, I'm pretty sure everyone there would have signed off on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be RFA Essendon not matching. These "injuries" sure sound like a cover for a player not being happy at not being traded and doesn't want to be there.

That's a huge stretch especially when you consider how important his performance would be to his chances of getting a big contract.

That's a huge stretch especially when you consider how important his performance would be to his chances of getting a big contract.
Not necessarily. Gary Ablett saved himself in his last GC season prior to returning to geelong. Maybe his injury is fine to play (not to his absolute best), but more time off football doing a particular realignment program will be good for his long term future and career at another club.

Not necessarily. Gary Ablett saved himself in his last GC season prior to returning to geelong. Maybe his injury is fine to play (not to his absolute best), but more time off football doing a particular realignment program will be good for his long term future and career at another club.

Gary Ablett has well and truly been paid though

Well, we finished 4 games ahead of you last year, and most people have Essendon in the finals race whilst respectfully I would say most people have Sydney missing finals.

As for your impressiveness, I honestly didn't see it that way. Adelaide's defensive pressure was nonexistant for most of the game and you won by 3 points. Heeney, Parker, Florent and Kennedy were excellent but there were quite a few players that weren't. As for "equally as important" you had 3 best 22 players missing in Reid (iffy best 22 based on last season), Franklin and Mills (two of your top 5 players). We had 3 players in our top 6 of our BnF, and our four key forwards ready for senior football.

Based on the fact we played hardball and you offered more than what the compensation would have been. Last year we had the option of keeping him, this year that option is significantly reduced. I do think a deal will get done if he chooses to leave.
If it’s any consolation I had both your teams in the bottom 6, along with Fremantle, Adelaide, Carlton and Gold Coast.

Will he get on the park in 2020?

Why would he bother?

Sits out the year, gets the knee right, walks to Swans as FA.

His trade value is bugger all if he hasn't played for almost two years with injury. Dons fans who think they will trade him for more than a compo pick are dreaming.

Will he get on the park in 2020?

Why would he bother?

Sits out the year, gets the knee right, walks to Swans as FA.

His trade value is bugger all if he hasn't played for almost two years with injury. Dons fans who think they will trade him for more than a compo pick are dreaming.

It is eerily similar to the Jon Patton scenario last year. Whilst Daniher has a fraction more performances it's the same thing- both haven't played in years. Patton went for a token 4th.

He's a good as played his last game in Essendon colours.

Had an extra 8 weeks to get himself right during the league stoppage, but still isn't close to joining the main group. Certain he's just watched Netflix, played video games and eaten shapes (like I have!).

He simply doesn't want to be there. Puts on the happy face and toes the company line in the media.

Come trade week it will be him telling the club to get whatever you can, because I'm not playing here again.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back