• going

Votes: 166 91.2%
  • staying

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will he get on the park in 2020?

Why would he bother?

Sits out the year, gets the knee right, walks to Swans as FA.

His trade value is bugger all if he hasn't played for almost two years with injury. Dons fans who think they will trade him for more than a compo pick are dreaming.
What/Which knee?

You would have to start thinking its career over if he doesn't play this year, close to 3 years out of the game he won't be match fit for a long while and his body will likely break down again before it is.

Indeed!

Honestly one of the most interesting big name trade situations in a while.

My take:
1- Essendon will start with what they wanted last year, 1st and a player.
2- Swans will tell essendon hell no we didnt give that last year when he was contracted, def wont when he isnt.
3- Swans will say take the AFL compo (band 2).
4- Essendon will say hell no (fair enough) in a compromised draft that is like same as ~pick 50.
5- Swans say sweet no trade.
6- He nominates for the draft, but due to injuries the $$$ isnt too high to warn anyone off. Swans finish ~10th but below essendon.
7- Situation gets really messy -This allows Dodo to save face and say he wont be taking unders. Joe announces he isnt signing for dons and will only play for SYD. Dodo complains to media swans offering future 2nd is offensive (which is also true). End of story he ends up at Swans in PSD...

Alternate reality:
7- Joe advises he isnt doing a medical anywhere else other than Syd.
8- Eddie announced this is cheating despite the Luke Ball situation and swans are banned from trading for 10 years.

6- He nominates for the draft, but due to injuries the $$$ isnt too high to warn anyone off. Swans finish ~10th but below essendon.
7- Situation gets really messy -This allows Dodo to save face and say he wont be taking unders. Joe announces he isnt signing for dons and will only play for SYD. Dodo complains to media swans offering future 2nd is offensive (which is also true). End of story he ends up at Swans in PSD
If he goes into PSD and nominates a low $$$ there’s a good chance a bottom 4 club with a bit of cap space takes the chance and grabs him.

You would have to start thinking its career over if he doesn't play this year, close to 3 years out of the game he won't be match fit for a long while and his body will likely break down again before it is.
If Bennell is still on a list then Daniher will be for a while yet.

How often has that actually happened though, where a player goes into the PSD clearly wanting to go to one club and another club snapping said player up?
First of all when was the last time a player with this level of profile ever went to PSD? And clubs in the past would be scared off by deliberate high salary demand

But is it even relevant? Just have to ask yourself would it be worth the risk for a bottom club? If it is for Swans why wouldn’t be for another club?

How often has that actually happened though, where a player goes into the PSD clearly wanting to go to one club and another club snapping said player up?
Nick Stevens wanted to get to Collingwood. Carlton got him first. Played some good footy. Then turned into a utter piece of garbage.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I honestly think Dodo cares more about his rep than Essendon.

If all he is going to get is 2nd rounder he would rather nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He simply doesn't want to be there. Puts on the happy face and toes the company line in the media.

Come trade week it will be him telling the club to get whatever you can, because I'm not playing here again.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He can bugger off then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

If he goes I won’t be missing his shanked kicks in front of goal

He can bugger of then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

If he goes I won’t be missing his shanked kicks in front of goal

Should have taken the deal last year.

Thank you for not doing so by the way!

meh I’m so over joe that I couldn’t care what he get for him

I'm not even sure I want him anyway. He'd have to play some games this year. 3 years out is a massive gamble.

I do wonder if Sydney still want him surely the latest update they heard from EFC would have them put off.

Swans should go after Cameron that way Cameron doesn't have to leave Sydney.

Cameron would cost way too much, every club in the comp would want JC, but at $1million plus...not sure it's the best investment.

If he doesnt play this year and swans only offer $400k a year and he publically states he is not playing at Essendon this cant end in a good way.

No way Syd give up a 1st rounder.....unlikely Dodo accepts band 2 compo or a second rounder... may end in tears.

What if Joe wants more than $400k? I don''t think he'll accept anything lower that 500k

Then hopefully we say “thanks but no thanks”. Would have to have serious triggers for me personally to have him get that if he’s basically out for the year

Back