News Jordan Clark Round 15 NAB Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted him and was sooo happy when we picked him up - he will be a star - i saw him in the colts and league in WA and he was always impressive - great pick - he is a good country WA kid who has no fear and will take on and tear apart games

Great to see the connections forming between our youngsters an the experienced players at the club:

JORDAN Clark has revealed a special spaghetti bolognese shared with Joel Selwood and his fiance, Brit Davis, the night before games could be the secret behind the blistering start to his career.
The latest Geelong rising star is living with a host family but he and Selwood dine together several times a week, and often before matches.

The youngster has a close connection to Selwood, who won the Rising Star award in his first year back in 2007, and said he had enjoyed getting to know the hard man away from the field.

“Early days I had Tommy Stewart being a defender but when I moved up into the midfield I landed with Joel and he has been really good for me,” Clark said.

“He is adjusting his game to that outside role as well, so he has been good for me and learning from him and getting advice from the captain is always good.

“Joel is a very good leader around the club and I get along pretty well with him. I have spent a few nights a week at his place for dinner, especially before games, so I think the night before dinner just caught on after having a good game once and it has just built from there.

“Brit does the cooking, she whips up a spag bol, and it is a bit different the way she cooks it but I like it.”

Does anybody see a bit of Riccardi in young Clark?
I love his dash and taking them on, and his kicking can be delightful.
Yeah there's a bit of that now I think about it. Both chose / choose to use their pace to get into space and then they decide what to do with it.

Fwiw I actually thought Bews was Clark on a few occasions last week. He was doing it too.

Interview with Clark...

Hows the CH7 Reporter asking about the pull to go home - fair question - but when Clark says he's here till 2022 so far the idiot tries to get him to say something about returning home after that. FFS the kind is 6 months into his 2 year deal that he has extended already until 2022.

Flog.

GO Catters

Very much a developing body, this kids going to be something special.
Think his best spot is wing/mid atm as he develops more physically not defense so much.
What's channel 7's problem about going home? Give us a break we've already got TK.

Very much a developing body, this kids going to be something special.
Think his best spot is wing/mid atm as he develops more physically not defense so much.
What's channel 7's problem?
its an inditement on the level of journalism these days. The clown got his answer - he didnt like it - and wanted a headline he could tout "Geelong young gun looks back home" - but Clark said he's there for another 3 years

And its not just this idiot .

GO Catters

its an inditement on the level of journalism these days. The clown got his answer - he didnt like it - and wanted a headline he could tout "Geelong young gun looks back home" - but Clark said he's there for another 3 years

GO Catters

It's a low act in the wake of TK, they'll be barracking for the dogs tonight the whole lot of them.
We'll need to beat the umps tonight as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GO Catters

The frustrating thing is that journalism has been the same for too many years now without repercussion.

I remember when Menzel was off contract in 2012 - third season of his career, first season after his knee injury & while he looked the goods I doubt he would have been signed on a big money deal at that stage (would depend on when he signed the initial one year extension as to what pay increase he would have received). There was an article (around May/June I believe) by Matthew Lloyd where he was adamant that Menzel would request a trade & return to Adelaide at the end of the season - he had various reasons stated but it was basically because he was a SA kid, he was returning from injury & other useless crap.

A key point that Lloyd ignored, missed or just didn't know is that Menzel had just purchased a house in Geelong - and while we see players buy houses now days & not necessarily live in that area or rent them out, not sure a kid in his 3rd year who hasn't signed a large contract extension (at that stage) is going to be buying a house that he had no intention of living in, before then moving himself interstate in a couple of months. I'm thinking a player in their 3rd year who is buying a house local to their club is doing so as an intention of staying at the club & living local.

But journalism nowadays is as much about finding the easy story - and in a sporting sense, there's no easier story than the interstate player wanting to go home, regardless if there's any truth to the story or not

GO Catters
Clark also made it clear he was here "for the long term", indicating past 2022.

Clark also made it clear he was here "for the long term", indicating past 2022.

Used the term "...my whole career..."
He won't be going anywhere.
He spoke pretty well too, reckon there's still some young bloke nerves in front of the camera but he's a composed guy and pretty articulate.
I reckon there might be some leadership in there given time.

Something isn't right with Duncan atm. Don't know if it's a physical issue, or one between the ears, but he has been poor.

We need to get him sorted asap.

Spot On!!!
I've been saying this for awhile.
Too many amateurish mistakes, skill wise and situational game choices for mine.
No longer the 5th Beatle for me.

Jordan Clark.
Couldn't be more impressed with his first year in Geelong.
With what's been a... Limited pre season. Glandular Fever. Fattest player on the list(skin folds).
Arms like my daughters lol.
Gonna like his game even better when he puts on 5kgs of muscle minus the puppy fat.. With a set of shoulders and guns!!
Oh and a decent pre season under his belt.
Going to be a Chappy Clone with pace to burn.
Another Stephen Wells GEM.
Cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back