Opinion Lay it on the Line: biases without reproach

Remove this Banner Ad

Corey Jones mastered the art of going to ground. Nearly as frustrating as Corey McKernan constantly running under the ball in his latter years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was weird. A bloke who had the footy world at his feet suddenly turning average was sad.

-Ziebell should and will be skipper.
-Taz will be given 3 rounds to perform, if not, Maj will be given the nod.
-Firrito only plays if key defenders are injured.
-Ben Jacobs no good.
-Levi should play every week for his tackling alone.
-Nahas can never play for North.
-Atley should remain a backman.
-Wellsy keeps getting better. Can win the Brownlow.
-Tippett to overtake Narni in key defender stakes.
-Basti will have a massive year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never liked Cory Jones
joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

The sharks are circling Brad Scott now, interesting vision of the coaches box, looks like he's been isolated, clock is ticking, lets hope JB has the white knights money locked in the safe.

The best thing that happened to me all night is that I finally put jozeph on ignore.
This is a clear breach of the spirit of the thread, am in the process of petitioning the mods to have your ignorance reversed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've refrained from posting in this thread up to now but here goes.

1. Brad McKenzie is too slow and will not make it. Will be back in SA next contract

2. Goldstein is too soft as a ruckman and gets easily bullied by the better ruckman and has little or no effect around the stoppages which is why Scott is keen to get Currie/Daw up to speed.

3. Hunter is wasted at FB. Should play half back flank with Mullet on the other.

4. Petrie should play CHF.

5. Some of our players are mentally weak when tired. Players like Basti, Cunners, Atley and Goldy need to extract the digit and worked harder the other way.

That'll do.

sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I've refrained from posting in this thread up to now but here goes.

1. Brad McKenzie is too slow and will not make it. Will be back in SA next contract

2. Goldstein is too soft as a ruckman and gets easily bullied by the better ruckman and has little or no effect around the stoppages which is why Scott is keen to get Currie/Daw up to speed.

3. Hunter is wasted at FB. Should play half back flank with Mullet on the other.

4. Petrie should play CHF.

5. Some of our players are mentally weak when tired. Players like Basti, Cunners, Atley and Goldy need to extract the digit and worked harder the other way.

That'll do.

You make some good points - worth replying to. I think McKenzie has a future personally. Speed is not his problem, just needs intensity, which many were lacking on Friday.

Goldy - I'm torn as well. Love his endurance and his tapwork and lately he's putting in more second efforts after the hitout, but he doesn't impact the game much outside of that.

Totally agree re Hunter. Never thought of this before, but he'd be perfect. Not sure who we'd put at FB in that case. Delaney?

Yes on Petrie. The others you mentioned seemed to be in 2nd gear on Friday. I'm confident they'll lift their game when the real stuff starts.

I can't directly reproach this but heres my bias

"I believe it's impossible to deteriorate over one pre season game (unless you kick 0 goals 15pts)"

At the start of last year there was no one else I wanted to have the ball in hand when kicking for goal. That wasn't the case later in the year. Gun footballer and no doubt he'll get back to where he was.

B Mullett Tippett Delaney
Hansen
HB Thompson Grima Atley

Would be interested to see that.

Technically not following the rules of the thread but while I agree that Hunter is better suited to playing on mediums (would increase his offensive output imo), this backline is far too tall.

Technically not following the rules of the thread but while I agree that Hunter is better suited to playing on mediums (would increase his offensive output imo), this backline is far too tall.
It gets interesting because that's not too different from the Hawks set-up. With Gibson, Lake, Stratton and Birchall all 189+. Hodge, Mitchell and Guerra (replaced by probably Duryea now). The fact that we use a mobile 197cm player as a loose man compared to Bartel or Hodge type boosts the height average quite a bit. I agree it probably is too tall but our talls are pretty mobile, people on here consider Delaney to be able to play on smalls.

Though I've seen quite little of Cam Delaney I am already very sure that he will soon be a blue ribbon KPD. Has great size, speed and smarts.

If our preseason form is anything to go by (which it generally isn't) and we are floundering after 5 rounds, expect us to revert to the run and shoot offence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back