Opinion Lay it on the Line: biases without reproach

Remove this Banner Ad

I am and will continue to be unashamedly biased towards Kayne Turner and will likely recommend him for selection most weeks based purely on the fact that he is as young as he is and has more of a difficult pathway to becoming an elite footballer.

His name is also extremely close to Kanye which makes nickname selection immensely easier.

Leigh Brown could still walk comfortably into our best 22. :stern look

The Baked Potatoes at Baked Potatoe Stadium are the best Baked Potatoes I've ever had. I know, I'm going out on a limp. :stern look

It is an outrage that I've been banned from posting Gimp Masks on this forum when this site accepts advertisement from web pages like CougarLife.com and TakeitupthearsefromaThaiHeShe.com :stern look

I am the best posters on this forum. Easily, and in saying that I ain't giving head to my self eventhough I could. :stern look

jozeph is the next best poster ranked behind all my aliases. He is playing some of you Turkeys on a Break, Big Time, and you can't even see it, yet you come on here ye and wank on about how you know s**t when in actual fact alls you know is how to take a s**t which is quite a simple thing to do by the way. :stern look

James Brayshaws has an invisible plane. :stern look

This post is from a sane individual who is consumed by the fact that his IQ is 69. :stern look

-Currie is a not a 3rd forward and should play this year as part of managing Goldis workload towards final.
-McKenzie is in his 3rd year and if selected round 1 must begin to prove his worth. Excellent kick but him lacking intensity I put down to his age. No more time for development though. Put up or be dropped.
-Ziebell in 2011 and Cunnington in 2012 were getting smacked. Atley last year included.
-Basti is going to become a star.
-LA will end up at GWS.
-Jacobs injury history might count against him when it comes to cementing a spot in the side. He seems so low on confidence and when he gets his opportunity it seems like he has stagefright.
-Lachy will rival McPharlin and Lake for importance to a team in the backhalf.
-Ziebell will be our best player come the end of 2014.
-Wells will kill teams this year with NDS coming to us and become the matchwinner that gets us points against the better teams.
-Swallow wont play until round 11.
-Cunnington will fly under the radar quietly whilst Ziebell dominates until he puts in a ripper display where the whole footy world stands up sand says, **** me.
-LT will kick 40 plus goals again getting bagged by the obsessed in the process.
-Adams will perform as the high half forward being an integral part of the forward set up.
-NDS will average 26 disposals this year at halfback-midfield doing damage to teams ala Shaun Burgoyne at Hawthorn, where teams just cannot contain him.
-Thompson will be back to back AA FB.
-Grima wil retire at years end after having a successful year at CHB but his body just cant hold up to the rigours of AFL footy.
-Atley after a few honest one on ones with Wells and Judd plays more midfield and develops a taste for winning the inside ball. His hunger to hunt makes us all laugh at * and Heppell even more.
-Wrights lack of strength due to his shoulders and speed mean he is selected as emergency multiple times but just cant crack it into the 22.
-Petrie flourishes as the number 1 forward with more attention going to Black and Tarrant as he again kicks 40 plus goals.
-McDonald dominates on the wing in his first year as he adjusts to AFL footy.
-Goldstein performs admirable as number 1 ruck, being managed much better by the club as he is able to run out games.
-Keiran Harper comes back into the fold half way through the year after kicking multiple bags in the VFL and picks up where he left off in 2012.
-Levi Greenwood becomes the bad luck story of the year as he flies under the radar in Swallow absence for most of the year earning praise from his coach. However cant get his spot back after the Skipper returns.
-Robbie Tarrant kicks 25 plus goals in the 3rd forward role, contributing in the process to the highest scoring AFL team and shutting all the nuffies who dont understand the elements of modern footy up in the process.
-Hine cant crack it into the first team as he along with Sam Wright are emergencies each week.
-Taylor Garner dominates with Kanye Turner in the VFL eagerly awaiting an opportunity for senior selection. BF laughs at the riches we have running around in the VFL.
-Nahas, Harper, Garner and Turner kick multipe bags between them in the VFL but all wait for that first team opportunity.
-Boomers statistics since 2010 remain at the same level 5 years later. Remarkable.
-Curran gets solid game time and impresses in the VFL as he put his injury troubles behind him.
-Cam Delaney and Joel Tippet get caught trying to push Nathan Grima down a pair of stairs in order to displace him from the 22.
-Mason Wood tries to chicken wing Leigh Adams at training to pinch his spot in the 22 to no success.
-Jamie MacMillan invents himself as a tagger developing a new found aggression and intent to his game and not missing a game since 2011.
-Aaron Black becomes Carltons worst nightmare as their decision to pick Kane Lucas over him becomes even more funnier than Tambling over Buddy.
-Majak Daw recovers slower than usual from his PCL surgery after starting the season in fine form. Relieves Petrie of FF duties in Norths soft run to September to keep the crowds interested. Petrie declares 2015 to be his final year as he mentors Maj to take his role 2016 onwards.
-Aaron Mullet wins AA halfback after another incredible year in 2014. His importance and value North put him up there as one player to negate.
-Scott McMahon is the one I cant read. I am not sure if he will hold down a spot or not play a game at all. Not sure if his best is better than any of his rivals for a spot in defence.
-Sam Gibson continues being Sam Gibson.
-North finishes 4th and after losing to Freo to Freo in week 1 of finals, knock off the * in week 2 before losing by a kick to the Swans in the prelim.

Nothing wrong with having one or two small biases tazaa. :thumbsu:

Atley will be wasted in the mid field.

Gibson's ability to provide options with his all day running is under rated on BF.

Jozeph may be playing us off a big break, but his posts just annoy the s**t out of me and deserve to be ignored.

I think Gibson would be a better inside player. His running ability allows him to get to every contest and against Richmond he was always there to offload to a player with better disposal (I think it was his best game and I'd like to see more of it). Would suit him and I think he'd blow up a few opposition midfielders in the process.

Atley is comfortably a better footballer than Aaron Mullet. People on BF have very short memories.

Thompson and Swallow duck and dive more than Lindsay Thomas does.

Jacobs has the skill to succeed but not sure he has the mentality. Hine is the complete opposite.

Ziebell is as overrated as Cunnington is underrated. I have them as equal.

I absolutely loathe the hooped socks especially, and the white shorts.

The traditional strip with blue shorts and full blue socks is the best kit in the AFL.

I absolutely loathe the hooped socks especially, and the white shorts.

The traditional strip with blue shorts and full blue socks is the best kit in the AFL.

Agree. And we don't see it enough, should be our home kit every game not 'only if it doesn't clash'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed these from from last time;

- This is the worst tackling squad as a collective that I have ever seen in a Nth jumper.

- Wells is set for his best ever year now has quality midfield support.

- Swallow has done a fine job as captain despite being undermined by those who call for Jack before time.

- I despise the "sub" rule. Think has no place in our game.

- Kayne Turner to turn out to be a massive steal.

- Petrie deserves his 'flat-track bully' tag given by opposition supporters.

- Effort put into Tassie by the club have been very impressive and mutually beneficial

Luke McDonald's kicking is overrated...

Agree to some extent.

He can hit a bullet, but he's no Rich or McKenzie.

He's still probably in the best 5% in the league though

Aaron Black's kicking for goal has ridiculously deteriorated
I can't directly reproach this but heres my bias

"I believe it's impossible to deteriorate over one pre season game (unless you kick 0 goals 15pts)"

Petrie isn't a flat track bully. He's a team player that works further up the ground when we play opposition's with decent midfields to help paper over the cracks of our dismal one. When we finally generate an I50, and it usually looks like it was shat out a pigs arse, he gets double teamed by the 1st and 2nd best defenders, because no one else can take a contested mark in our side, and all of a sudden he's some sort of charlatan.

if we beat hawks tonight this board will go into meltdown, "player x,y,z will be a star, we are coming, top 4 for sure".... If we lose tonight, "oh its only a practice match, were not serious, you can see players didnt care"...
In other words, pre-season.

if we beat hawks tonight this board will go into meltdown, "player x,y,z will be a star, we are coming, top 4 for sure".... If we lose tonight, "oh its only a practice match, were not serious, you can see players didnt care"...

Ha true. Same comments whether hyperbole or excuses are made by the same posters in the regular season too Scooby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back