List Mgmt. List Management 2017 -Who Stays, Who Goes?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna take a guess and say we are not delisting anyone.

Maybe White and Hewett would be sweating but that's about it. Toumpas is lucky we got rid of a lot of people.

Snelling might be changing the t-shirt as regularly as those first two. Reading a bunch of mixed opinion of him on here, but similarly Dan Houston was getting those 12 months earlier. Different roles, different strengths, different scopes. Who knows. As folks say if we're in DFA medical land maybe even we don't know yet for sure. Do think we'll keep Palmer unless something out of the ordinary occurs.

Snelling a keeper for mine and yeah he is less than 180cm (and by a fair way). He was playing eye-catching footy at the start of 2017.
After a while the oppo started to pay him attention so his output dropped a smudge but still very good.
Crunched by Paul Stewart mid(?) season suffering broken jaw ribs(?) and ankle(?). Naturally this was a heck of a hiccup.
Started coming good towards the end. The number of players his size that have made it in the modern era is minute,
one hand with fingers left over? That we drafted him in the 1st place says the club was not put off tho'.
Maybe i've got my rose coloured glasses on again.

If it was hard to say goodbye to Trengove, Impey, Young, Ah Chee etc. then I imagine things will get harder in the future.

I know he has his knockers but I see S. Gray on the outer next year, possibly Amon soon as much as I like him and even Broadbent is going to be on the outer soon!

I rate Palmer and Snelling so I'd be happy for them to stick around next year but it's going to be very difficult to get a game in this team.

Neither are list cloggers. But they might not ever get the opportunity, to get 4 games in a row, to get experience & show what they can do.

If it was hard to say goodbye to Trengove, Impey, Young, Ah Chee etc. then I imagine things will get harder in the future.

I know he has his knockers but I see S. Gray on the outer next year, possibly Amon soon as much as I like him and even Broadbent is going to be on the outer soon!

It will be tough on a lot of players. But we now seem to have genuine depth. With a bit of AFL experience, but not much.

I think Sam Gray will be in our starting 22 all year. He is the pressure fwd we need and more consistent than neade. Has some x factor too

I think Sam Gray will be in our starting 22 all year. He is the pressure fwd we need and more consistent than neade. Has some x factor too

Ken obviously likes him too but hopefully we don't see any gold passes which we've complained about for some time now, and that applies for a few players.

* me who the hell do you think is replacing Amon ? Some mythical centaur? That's as likely as finding 2/3 more wingmen we need on our list

Snelling a keeper for mine and yeah he is less than 180cm (and by a fair way). He was playing eye-catching footy at the start of 2017.
After a while the oppo started to pay him attention so his output dropped a smudge but still very good.
Crunched by Paul Stewart mid(?) season suffering broken jaw ribs(?) and ankle(?). Naturally this was a heck of a hiccup.
Started coming good towards the end. The number of players his size that have made it in the modern era is minute,
one hand with fingers left over? That we drafted him in the 1st place says the club was not put off tho'.
Maybe i've got my rose coloured glasses on again.

Where is Snelling going?

Has been worse than useless outside of the centre.

Isn't going to crack our centre square mids. Can't play elsewhere. I like him but not sure if he is anything other than sanfl special , and even if he is he isn't going to become an afl player on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna take a guess and say we are not delisting anyone.

Maybe White and Hewett would be sweating but that's about it. Toumpas is lucky we got rid of a lot of people.

If there are delisted players available that would get AFL games ahead of any of Toump, White & Palmer then we must delist!

I’m slightly aghast that anyone could think Amon is best 22 with a full kit to choose from. Not sure he’s even best 25-26
He’s not competing with Rockliff. It comes down, IMO, given we’ll have Motlop and Rockliff able to rotate forward, whether we are better served with the extra speed of Polec, Motlop and Amon to break lines and deliver forward or a bit less pace and have Sam Gray forward.

SRgay did well this year, but with Rockliff in the side he’ll have some time forward and allow Robbie and Chad more time forward. Add Motlop as a massive upgrade on Impey able to move forward and actually kick goals and I think having 3 line breakers is more benefit to the team then Sam, even if head to head he’s better than Amon.

We aren’t picking the best 22 players, picking the best side you’ll have some players in the 23 - 30 best players group, to give you the best balanced side.

Last edited:
He’s not competing with Rockliff. It comes down, IMO, given we’ll have Motlop and Rockliff able to rotate forward, whether we are better served with the extra speed of Polec, Motlop and Amon to break lines and deliver forward or a bit less pace and have Sam Gray forward.

SRgay did well this year, but with Rockliff in the side he’ll have some time forward and allow Robbie and Chad more time forward. Add Motlop as a massive upgrade on Impey able to move forward and actually kick goals and I think having 3 like breakers is more benefit to the team then Sam, even if head to head he’s better than Amon.

We aren’t picking the best 22 players, picking the best side you’ll have some players in the 23 - 30 best players group, to give you the best balanced side.

Yeah, I’m just completely biased against Amon. He’s slow, soft and a very poor kick for someone with “good skills”. Just not a fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back